Sponsored

Anyone else missing their stick shift?! Looking into the PP2 (How much?)

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
A10 GT or GT350. Never ever ill touch a shitty chinese mt82

If i had to go manual ? Honestly id prob go to GM for a corvette or something else. Ford din't nail it
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
n

What tire sizes did you go with? I want to replace my SC2's and was considering a taller rear tire.
I stuck with the stock 305/30/19's on all corners installed by the dealer before it left the lot. At the time, Bridgestone Potenza S-04's were $260 per tire and the PS4S were $400. I've been very happy with the Bridgestone's now at 13K miles. These should be good for at least 25K. Not sure what I'll replace them with yet, but almost certain I'll stick with the same size.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

If i had to go manual ? Honestly id prob go to GM for a corvette or something else. Ford din't nail it
I had an '05 GTO M6 Tremec with a GMM short throw and LS7 clutch and an '18 Grand Sport with the stock M7 Tremec, and my '18 Getrag MT82-D4 shifts as solid and quick as either one of the Tremecs. I don't understand all the hate on this transmission. I dunno, maybe I just got a decent one.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I stuck with the stock 305/30/19's on all corners installed by the dealer before it left the lot. At the time, Bridgestone Potenza S-04's were $260 per tire and the PS4S were $400. I've been very happy with the Bridgestone's now at 13K miles. These should be good for at least 25K. Not sure what I'll replace them with yet, but almost certain I'll stick with the same size.
OK. Asking because the rears look taller in the pic, I'm trying to take up some of the wheel gap on my PP2 and taller rears are an option but really dont want to get away from the original design/intent. I installed FRP M-5300-W lowering springs this weekend along with Steeda stop-the-hop starter kit, front dropped nicely but rear is still a tad high just from a looks perspective. Will let them settle and clock bushings before deciding on tires and size.
Good to know about the Bridgstone's, love Michelin but they are pricey.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
OK. Asking because the rears look taller in the pic, I'm trying to take up some of the wheel gap on my PP2 and taller rears are an option but really dont want to get away from the original design/intent. I installed FRP M-5300-W lowering springs this weekend along with Steeda stop-the-hop starter kit, front dropped nicely but rear is still a tad high just from a looks perspective. Will let them settle and clock bushings before deciding on tires and size.
Good to know about the Bridgstone's, love Michelin but they are pricey.
It's more performance to me than looks. I'm not a huge fan of the slammed look. Definitely no worries on clearance issues with the 26" tires when you're pulling 1G in a corner, and I like the little bit peppier acceleration with the effective gearing from the shorter tires. I do have a set of 325/30/19 MT Streets for the 1320 that I'm ready to try out if we can ever get over this virus bs and get back to life.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's more performance to me than looks. I'm not a huge fan of the slammed look. Definitely no worries on clearance issues with the 26" tires when you're pulling 1G in a corner, and I like the little bit peppier acceleration with the effective gearing from the shorter tires. I do have a set of 325/30/19 MT Streets for the 1320 that I'm ready to try out if we can ever get over this virus bs and get back to life.
Agreed, that's why I went with the Ford springs with just a 3/4" drop, got the look I wanted with improved performance (they say). Feels the same in comfort mode but definitely stiffer in Sport.
Post a pic when you get the 325's on, curious how much poke if your using OE wheels. I'm ready for virus bs to go too. New car, new mods and no where to go.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Agreed, that's why I went with the Ford springs with just a 3/4" drop, got the look I wanted with improved performance (they say). Feels the same in comfort mode but definitely stiffer in Sport.
Post a pic when you get the 325's on, curious how much poke if your using OE wheels. I'm ready for virus bs to go too. New car, new mods and no where to go.
I bought a pair of the 19x11 SVE PP2 take-offs for the dr's. They are a +50 offset, so the 325's don't stick out much farther than stock (like 1/3" which really isn't even noticeable), although I do plan to tape the rear quarters just to be safe.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a pair of the 19x11 SVE PP2 take-offs for the dr's. They are a +50 offset, so the 325's don't stick out much farther than stock (like 1/3" which really isn't even noticeable), although I do plan to tape the rear quarters just to be safe.
The SVE's are nice, perfect for a matching 2nd street/track set. Less weight too.
Never a fan of flaps but I did buy the RokBlokz to protect my quarters, at least until I replace the SC2's then we'll see. Only have the fronts on now, hardly noticeable cause they dont stick out far and they match the Shadow Black color. Tires have to be off to put the rears on, was gonna do them with the springs and Steeda kit last Saturday but it had already been a long enough day and the wife was calling so maybe another time.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE

Totally agreed sold my 19 Bullitt thank god I have an 18 A10 also that’s the real keeper

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Being a PP2 owner I had to throw my vote in for the PP2. I doubt you will be able to get 305s on the front of a PP1 and the handling package with the magnaride shocks are great for carving mountain roads on the weekend. With that said, yes they are hard to find. I haven't seen another one on the road yet. Shifting those gears will be fun either way