Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium
Why did you replace the interior lights? Which ones did you get?
The standard bulbs are very dim. These diode dynamics are direct replacements and brighten up the interior to a decent level. I replaced the map lights and trunk light first, then went with the glove box, arm rest interior and mirror lights with excellent illumination

Steeda Diode Dynamics LED map lights
Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Put me in the stock camp. My 2019 PP1 GT is already B/A as it is.

The things I would normally do to a car (wheels and exhaust) are already done. I canā€™t believe how good the active exhaust sounds (and the ability to switch modes is awesome).

However: after the warranty is gone Iā€™ll definitely be looking for more power. I donā€™t need a ridiculous amount of power but another ~150hp would be pretty nice šŸ˜

For now: Iā€™m using it as a semi-daily and grand touringā€¦ so Iā€™m just gonna sit back and enjoy it as it is.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The standard bulbs are very dim. These diode dynamics are direct replacements and brighten up the interior to a decent level. I replaced the map lights and trunk light first, then went with the glove box, arm rest interior and mirror lights with excellent illumination

Steeda Diode Dynamics LED map lights
That link went to a 13 page forum thread.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Stock except Exhaust and I still have the stock exhaust in the shed. I could put that the back in a hour if I wanted.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
A stockish-appearing exterior is what works best for me. Where any external appearance changes are both incidental and fairly subtle . . . ideally looking like they could have been actual Ford options. Think 'sleeper', with a road course flavor.

I'll relax that a bit for certain interior changes such as to suit the mounting of track day instrumentation or to provide a place to hold the case that holds my reading glasses.

Norm

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
I've had mine for about 3 months now and the only mod has been the MGW shifter. This is the most powerful car I've owned so plan on keeping things relatively stock until I get a little more experience behind the wheel. BMR Cradle Lock out kit might be the next mod then an exhaust pending what the OEM tires look like at that point.

Sponsored

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Catch can, floor mats, hood struts And XPEL on the nose.

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
So far I've modified the interior (red leather, 8" screen, steering wheel, Premium trim pieces, etc). I had plans for wheels and suspension but decided against that. I do plan to keep the car for the next 5+ years but I am not in a situation to throw any more money at the car and I do plan to get a Corvette eventually.
who did your 8ā€ screen? Thatā€™s my next item.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Yep. I love how mine is stock honestly. I've had many mustangs over the years from mild to wild, and this is the first one i really have no desire to do anything with. And it's *not* a bad thing! Of course getting older now probably has something to do with it.

The S550 platform is so strong in stock form from handling to powertrain to ride qualty and interior - especially as a daily driver. The only thing i did was add a JLT catch can for obvious reasons and deleted the resonator (it was just a touch too choked with it on) I couldn't be more happy with it everytime i drive it. šŸ˜„