Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Meh, shit just gets old sometimes. Like every punk-ass who thinks his BR-Z is hot will rev up his soda bottle next to me at a red light. I had some jerk in an old Chevy truck do a burnout right beside me at a red light. Not kidding - full on burnout in the middle of town.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car! It's the idiots of the world that are trying to kill my buzz. hehe
Easy enough to ignore, though. I'm sure there are plenty of people around North Dallas who claim to have beat me in a red light race. Which, I guess is true, since I wasn't racing them. :D
Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Mine is my wifes daily driver. Will only get about 4K miles per year. Bought it used with 7K miles. Only mod it had was window tint. Only mods I've done are cargo net, cargo tray, all season mats, jacking rails, Weathertech headlamp protection film, stow and go front license plate bracket, and Steeda clutch spring is on the way.
Spring installed, trunk strap, BG Syncro Shift II.

Last edited:

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Pretty much stock except for stripes, tint, and in the future, tune, Steeda shifter, and someday a SC.

So...you know...pretty much stock lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Mine is my wifes daily driver. Will only get about 4K miles per year. Bought it used with 7K miles. Only mod it had was window tint. Only mods I've done are cargo net, all season mats, jacking rails, Weathertech headlamp protection film, stow and go front license plate bracket, and Steeda clutch spring is on the way.
How easy was it to replace the clutch spring?

Wondering. I wish I had a service manual.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
supposed to be really easy, its on the forums here. Its in the mail incoming, havent gotten it yet. But I think: Push in clutch, use some kind of a tool to gently pry it from the clutch lever from under the dash, take the spring mech apart, I think its 3 pieces, remove the old spring, install the new spring and reassemble, grease all the contact points and push the clutch back in and install, it may take a small amount of prying to re install.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Its painfully easy.

The hardest part is getting the old one out, which is still very easy.

Like the other member mentioned, push in the clutch, use vice grips/needle nose to squeeze on the spring to compress it further and pull it off the perch.

Re-assembly is the spring, top and bottom plastic mounts and putting it back in. That part doesn't require a tool you can do it by hand.

Easy mod that makes the car much more natural feeling.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

3 minutes to open the package and crawl under the dash
1 minute to realize you don't need tools
1 minute to pull the old one and replace with new

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Clutch spring?
To a car guy / gearhead, that means the spring part of a clutch assembly that pushes the disk onto the flywheel.
You guys are talking about a little spring on the clutch pedal... This is something for "high performance" driving, like the hood struts & eight ball shift knobs?
Clutch Spring.JPG

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Clutch spring?
To a car guy / gearhead, that means the spring part of a clutch assembly that pushes the disk onto the flywheel.
You guys are talking about a little spring on the clutch pedal... This is something for "high performance" driving, like the hood struts & eight ball shift knobs?
I know you're fairly new, but people talk about these all the time. Used to call them by there full name (Clutch Assist Spring), now it's just shortened.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-spring-perch-kit-555-7027.html

Or you can get it without the housing.

It's because some people don't like the current pedal feel of the OEM spring, and think it makes smooth shifts more difficult. I'm fine with the stock spring.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP

The hardest part of installing this is contorting your body so that you can press the clutch with your hand and take the stock spring out. Other than that, its easy.

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good stuff, thanks. Always interesting getting the secret lingo of the various car cults.

Just took a dedicated BMW fanatic to dinner in my totally stock, automatic Mustang, and he was completely digging it. These simple cars are a gas...

I kid about the seemingly goofy mods, but you guys should see how the Porsche folks doll up their cars.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Picked up a 2016 GT used at 18 months old and 6600 miles last November. Only thing I've done to it so far is a set of hydraulic shocks on the hood and I'm considering a resonator delete with an H pipe. Beyond that, I don't see doing anything significant to it. Of course, that's open to change at any time. :)

03-09-2021 Edit: I discovered some time after making this post that my car had the optional 3:55 rear drive gears. That was the one option on the car that I absolutely didn't want. It ran like a scalded ape but the transmission, being the close ratio box that it is, made the car feel like it wasn't getting very far down the road in each gear during normal driving. Besides, I bought the car with the intent to do as much road touring as I can get away with and wanted the more relaxed engine rpms that the stock 3:31 gears would offer. I finally found a complete rear end with the stock gearing off of a 2017 GT with a little over 1k miles on it. A mechanic friend of mine helped me do the swap and I'm loving it. The biggest headache was having to reprogram the ECU to let it know about the change in final drive ratios so the speedometer would still be accurate.

If anyone is looking for a differential with 3:55 gears in it, I can help you with that. The diff was pulled out of my car with just under 17k miles on it.

Last edited:

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think I made it 8 months all stock except for tinted windows. But I've gone off the deep in since. Car was great stock but after a while I wanted more. Same thing happened to my 1999 years ago.

On a positive note, if my car was all stock I would have already told my local dealer I want a new bullitt. Instead, I'm keeping my 15 that is all paid off.

Reactions: 17

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Meh, shit just gets old sometimes. Like every punk-ass who thinks his BR-Z is hot will rev up his soda bottle next to me at a red light. I had some jerk in an old Chevy truck do a burnout right beside me at a red light. Not kidding - full on burnout in the middle of town.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car! It's the idiots of the world that are trying to kill my buzz. hehe
Kermit window drop.jpg
Sponsored