Sponsored

Anyone else have uneven wheel gaps or ride height?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Thanks in advance for any helpful info,
I have a 2020 GT mt-82 (black accent pkg) on factory suspension and wheels. The passenger REAR wheel gap is about 1/2 inch higher than the other side (and yes it was properly measured on level ground). Basically all 3 other corners have almost identical stock wheel gaps/height except for the passenger rear. The car is properly aligned and has not been in any accidents or road bumps that would have damaged the suspension. It drives fine, but the gap is inconsistent enough where it's visually noticeable so I want to see if there's a fix or if it's a common issue.

I plan on lowering the car and getting new wheels on so I want to get this sorted (if needed) before I do all that. I've also had a couple shops look everything over and suspension/springs are seated properly. I also have Steeda IRS subframe sleeves so the rear is properly aligned.

I'm guessing it may just be inconsistencies from the factory in some s550s?
Anyone else see this on their mustangs and is there a fix for this?
Sponsored

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
Is their a difference in the rear from front of the fender to the tire?, I.e. the cradle twisted in the car. Ford is better about putting the cradles in straight than other manufacturers, but it still happens from time to time.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Is their a difference in the rear from front of the fender to the tire?, I.e. the cradle twisted in the car. Ford is better about putting the cradles in straight than other manufacturers, but it still happens from time to time.
Yes there's a very slight difference between the front side of fender to the tire, but it's very small compared to the ride height difference. The wheel gap from the top of fender to the wheel is a full finger width higher than the driver side rear. I'm guessing it's just factory tolerances and will have to live with it.

jcramey61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yes there's a very slight difference between the front side of fender to the tire, but it's very small compared to the ride height difference. The wheel gap from the top of fender to the wheel is a full finger width higher than the driver side rear. I'm guessing it's just factory tolerances and will have to live with it.
I've got the same issue, three fender heights are identical, but the passenger rear is a half inch taller.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
i know its from factory but could try to re clock that one bushing and see if it gets it lower

Sponsored

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
Same problem here.. after lowering, too

JMS78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yup, me too. A solid 3/8“ difference. Good to see I’m not the only one with this issue.
Walking up on it in a parking lot from the passenger side I am convinced I need to lower it because it looks like a pickup truck. Then from the driver’s side - not so much.
Kinda sets off my OCD tendencies.
If the gap difference follows even when lowering as mentioned above; that would be frustrating.
Gonna try reclocking those bushings.

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
Yeah... I don't get it. I even had my alignment guy clock all the bushings in the back. Didn't do shit. Spring is in correctly on top and bottom. I'm lowered on Steeda Progressives

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Forgot to mention, adding Steeda minimum drop springs didn’t change the height differences either.

Sponsored

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting that everybody here seems to have the passenger side higher. I measured my gaps and my driver's side was 1/2 inch higher. I say 'was' because after my install of Steeda minimum drop springs the difference is now 3/4".

Alignment is spot on, but just like some other comments... It tweaks my OCD something mad. I never noticed before I measured, but now it is "a problem". Knowing other people have it makes me a bit less concerned, but still frustrating.

KrayZJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I wish I would've found this thread a week ago. I installed Ford Performance Magneride Handling kit and same. Approx 1/4 inch higher on the rear passenger side and 3/8 inch higher on the front passenger side. I checked springs and clocked the bushings. Nothing.

Tank.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150, '22 Bronco 2dr, '23 Mustang
Dang, this is real. Brand new '23 gt, I put steeda ultralite linear springs on it Labor Day, and the left front is lower than the right. Enough so that the tire will scrub the fender at higher speed bumps. I probably wouldn't have noticed if not for the tire rub. And I know the springs are seated properly in the perches.

Note that I am also using 20mm spacers. May not rub without the spacers.

IMG_9771.jpg
Sponsored