Sponsored

Anyone else have cooled seats come on automatically on startup?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ever since I bought my car my cooled air seats would randomly come on when I started my car. I figured maybe it had something to do with the temperature outside/inside and a sensor or something.
Well lately it has been turning on every single time I start my car. Only the drivers side too.
Anyone else have this issue? I havent checked the wiring yet.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I think mine come on automatically too. I just leave mine on 24/7 though for the summer. Do the cooled seats activate the AC compressor? I notice mine dont blow as cold if my AC is off, I think they may just be vented seats if your AC isnt turned on.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
It only seems to happen when I use remote start. Is that what you are doing?

ehazel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There is a setting for this in the cluster to enable or disable the seats auto heating/cooling depending on the weather. If I recall correctly its options are enable,disable, or remember last setting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is a setting for this in the cluster to enable or disable the seats auto heating/cooling depending on the weather. If I recall correctly its options are enable,disable, or remember last setting.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe a setting somehow got changed. I tried looking for it though and don't see it. I have the digital dash. I even looked in sync and don't see anything. Now I do see the settings for auto on or off with remote start, but I'm not using that.

Last edited:

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah it's tied to one of the settings in the cluster. I think it was under the "remote start" settings even though it affects how the seats work when you don't use remote start. I had the same issue (random seat cooling) until I turned it off.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Weird. I know its starting to get hot here, but my car is garaged and never did this. I'll have to try turning it off in the remote start settings and see what happens.

Dabaur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thank God this is happening to other people. I thought I was turning it on then forgetting I’d done it. I’m not senile after all!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah..that is weird. I have the remote start settings on so when I come out of work my AC is already on. The cooled seats are not though because it was remembering the last setting and they have never been used except to make sure they worked When I picked it up. I’m not sure how something can get accidentally changed if it’s never happened before.
Sponsored