Sponsored

Anyone else happy not to drive their mustang and just look at it?

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Mustang is not some sort of super rare and expensive exotics. It's a mass produced rental fleet vehicle, pretty affordable too. What's the point in all this preservation effort?
Technically you’re correct, however not everyone has the means to a Ferrari etc. The mustang is a performance car in comparison to the average out there. If it’s special to someone why not ?
I could afford a better car, but my mustang is special to me.
It’s my exotic …….
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Technically you’re correct, however not everyone has the means to a Ferrari etc. The mustang is a performance car in comparison to the average out there. If it’s special to someone why not ?
It’s my exotic …….
Everything is NOT about money for everyone.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
No. These cars are meant to drive.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Mustang 101:

This is what you don’t drive, but stare at on a shelf:
1671855780701.jpeg

This is what is to be driven, raced, melt tires and NOT to be stared at, or mothballed in a garage:
1671856026220.jpeg

Quiz next week.
:devil: 😁
I’ve got that exact Autoworld diecast model LOL

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
No, I am not happy just looking at it. If I had my way, I'd move to an area that I did not have to park it for 3-4 months.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have lived in a state that was 5 months of snow. I had Porsche s etc etc that sat for that period of time. I did enjoy knowing the car was sitting there waiting . Now I am moving to what I consider year round driving conditions and will be glad to be using the M1 at least most of the week. I understand both sides of this coin. To each his own. God Bless and Merry Christmas to ALL!

Last edited:

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I drove my 2016 GT Premium about 90k miles N/A before rebuilding everything on it and boosting it. Those 90k NA miles I sure got my money's worth. I can't imagine buying a car and saving it for someone else.

Car is essentially brand new again with everything I've done to it now. People need to drive their cars.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i said what i said.
I suppose that’s better than saying something someone else said. At least if you know you said it, you can trust the source. Just kidding with ya man! Merry Christmas to you and to those who celebrate. Happy holidays.

Reactions: Ock

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I can relate, I'm on Mustang number 6 and I don't think I've put more then 20,000km on any of them. My latest one is a 2021 GT I bought new, its been a year and a half and it has 3600km on it. Now that my kids are older the plan is to put as many km's as I can with the wife during the summer. But there have been times where I've been content just working on it, right now there's a supercharger in the garage that's going to go on over the winter. Hopefully I'll do what I say and actually get some km's on it, but if I don't it doesn't bother me to just keep working on it and enjoying it from my garage.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Yeah. I understand. I have this unbelievable looking girlfriend with an incredible body. She looks like a supermodel and wears the sexiest little see thru lace bra and panties at night but I am just happy just to look at her. No need to “drive” her at all! 😂😂😂
Exactly! You bang that out like there's no tomorrow.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
It’s my exotic …….
True, but I don't see new cars the same way as the analog ones. I just don't trust the electronic parts to last 20-40 years even if cared for, low miles and all that.
Where my '71 speedo might need a little grease on the cable and head unit. The chances of the gauge cluster working in 20 years on my 2020 is doubtful. So why not enjoy it and run up the miles on it.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Mustang is not some sort of super rare and expensive exotics. It's a mass produced rental fleet vehicle, pretty affordable too. What's the point in all this preservation effort?
Wrong, just look into my garage ! People said the same when I purchaes a 1967 Corvette, black/black, red stinger, roadster, 427/435hp, side pipe, all original, very rare as no one bought black cars prior, around 1989. In 1990 cars dropped like a rock. Everyone told me what a fool I was. Sold it not too long ago for very substantial six figures. Guess who had the last laugh ?
Now, I'll ultimately have the last laugh with my two '65 GT350's, one a very rare, very early handbuilt number. Been offered over $20K for my 2019 GT350 but have no interest in selling.
Sponsored

Last edited: