Sponsored

Anyone else frustrated by the manufacturers these days?

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
I had a bronco reserved, went off roading in my current "off road" vehicle and decided that wasn't for me. So I talked to the wife and she wants to get back into drag racing (score!) but used market is insane. I have always wanted to build a regular cab short box truck for drag racing.
I go to ford's website and if I want a reg cab F150 with a short box and the 5.0 I am forced into 4wd. Wtf?
Isn't it bad enough you can't get reg cab with options? I know I am in the minority when it comes to my taste in vehicles but damn I find this frustrating, just like when I had a regular cab short box 2017 f150 I had to settle for the 2.7 because the 3.5eb couldn't be had that way!
Anyone else run into frustrations like this when they are looking to buy vehicles?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Turns out trailer tow package is what was causing this, good to know! I still run into this stuff on other things I try to configure

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there were more options available with the regular cabs but the reality is that Ford doesnā€™t sell many of those trucks so theyā€™re not going to cater to that crowd. Weā€™re lucky they still offer a regular cab to be honest. Iā€™m also considering buying a new regular cab short bed truck so Iā€™m on their build/price pretty regularly. The only thing that frosts my balls is that the stx appearance package (body color bumpers and grill) is no longer available as an option on regular cab trucks. You have to get at least a super cab

Edit: I also wish you could get the 3.55ā€™s and 3.73ā€™s without having to get the towing package. Which only adds 800lbs of capacity on a rcsb coyote truck. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s why you were considering that package?

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You might want to recheck the build and price, I was able to build out a 2WD with the 5.0....

I love my '19 RCSB XLT 4x4 with the 5.0/A10. All the F150s I've owned have been RCSBs, and Ford will lose me as a truck customer when they don't offer it. I've never needed more than a regular cab, never will. It won't surprise me if they kill the configuration though, since demand can't be high.

I also hate that the top trim level you can have with a RCSB is an XLT. A person should be able to order what they want....

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You might want to recheck the build and price, I was able to build out a 2WD with the 5.0....

I love my '19 RCSB XLT 4x4 with the 5.0/A10. All the F150s I've owned have been RCSBs, and Ford will lose me as a truck customer when they don't offer it. I've never needed more than a regular cab, never will. It won't surprise me if they kill the configuration though, since demand can't be high.

I also hate that the top trim level you can have with a RCSB is an XLT. A person should be able to order what they want....
It ended up being the trailer tow package was the issue (which apparently I don't need, just wanted it for the hitch and the 4/7 pin wiring).
Sponsored