Sponsored

Anyone else disappointed Ford is still using single piston calipers for the rear?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I have 1 question... it's pretty silly.
is doing a stationary burnout easier with single piston caliper? or is it easier with Brembos in the rear?
would you even try a stationary burnout if you had Brembos in the rear?
that would be expensive..

Since burnouts are mostly for drag racing, and since Brembos would most likely come with the Track Pack, and since the TP comes with a Torsen differential that isn't built for drag racing, it would probably be a bad idea to try doing burnouts in that instance. But realistically, doing a quick burnout for fun isn't really going to make much difference whether you have big rear brakes or not. You don't need a lot of brake pressure to hold the car still when spinning the rear tires.
Sponsored

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
It has bothered me, but, I try to remember that the Ford Mustang is a performance bargain. They have to keep the car practical and attainable to the general public. While 6 pots up front (Performance Pack) and 4 pots out back sound very appealing it probably isn't cost effective for the customer. besides that is what the aftermarket it for, right? typically in a vehicle you are replacing the fronts twice as much as the rears (this is opposite in the trucking industry)