Sponsored

Anyone else can't bring themselves to commit to GT until they know the facts on GT350

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
As titled, I keep trying to figure out ways to maneuver to get my hands on the gt of choice for me but every time I think it through I come back to the what if on the gt350. Might have to get a jeep or something to pass the time till the gt350 goes live and is available for purchase.......
Sponsored

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
i think most people looking at a gt would be more worried at what ford does to the 16gt...the shelby is in a whole different class

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
The fact of it being more than $50k sealed it for me!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nope. I have already extended the lease of my current DD by 6 months and I can't go any further with the lease. I will enjoy my loaded GT PP and see what comes down from Ford in 2017.

Very curious what the future holds and very excited what Ford has planned for their performance models.

Plan would be to pay off the '15 and get the next GT500 replacement.

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
As titled, I keep trying to figure out ways to maneuver to get my hands on the gt of choice for me but every time I think it through I come back to the what if on the gt350. Might have to get a jeep or something to pass the time till the gt350 goes live and is available for purchase.......
Trust me, I have thought about this a lot. I'm coming from a 2012 GT500, and I really was hoping they would have released the GT350 at the same time as the other vehicles.

With that said, I placed my order on a Premium GT with PP/Recaros, and Nav.
The possibility of getting a first year GT350 at a deal is virtually 0.
Maybe, just maybe you could pick one up for MSRP, but even that will be difficult unless you have a really good relationship with a dealer. I'm almost certain they will not offer X-plan on these either, notoriously Ford doesn't do this on there top SVT type vehicles, although, I was able to get my GT500 with X-plan.

I'm just going to enjoy my GT/PP for a year or so, then trade it in on a GT350/500 later. The GT should retain it's value well, seeing how it's been so well received from press and the like, they will have no problem moving these cars off the lots.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to be too much for me. Once I've had the GT for a solid 4-6 years, I'll be in the market for either an F82 M4 or a fine GT350.

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am waiting to see what Roush,Saleen and Ford are doing first,want to see the RS3 package from roush and what saleen will have for boosted cars also.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Im waiting too, if it's under 50k-I would be very interested in the GT 350. The fact that the pistons are not forged kinda killed it for me on the G.T. I hope they forge the entire engine internals in the 350!!

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
The GT PP will be just fine for me. Still waiting delivery. If Ford would ever demand that the dealers not put added premiums on the list price I maybe would consider it but I do not think that will ever happen.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I'm waiting on the release of the GT350, ATS-V and Camaro for my purchase. Im in no rush to buy and the GT PP reviews and comments havent blown me away. I will test drive the GT PP in six months just to see where it lands, however.

My theory with the GT350 is that if it comes with 500hp and is around 50k its a smarter deal. With the Mustang running 1/4s between 12.9-13.0 it will take three to five grand to get it where I want it. If I take the the GT PP I built and tack on 5k the car will cost 48k. I have a hunch Im going to get the same performance and more for hopefully around 50k in the GT350. Unless the price comes out much higher on the GT350 then its a no brainer to me because I get to keep the factory warranty and reliability. I would even say up to 53k would make sense for the GT350 as resale value will be much better.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting on the release of the GT350, ATS-V and Camaro for my purchase. Im in no rush to buy and the GT PP reviews and comments havent blown me away. I will test drive the GT PP in six months just to see where it lands, however.

My theory with the GT350 is that if it comes with 500hp and is around 50k its a smarter deal. With the Mustang running 1/4s between 12.9-13.0 it will take three to five grand to get it where I want it. If I take the the GT PP I built and tack on 5k the car will cost 48k. I have a hunch Im going to get the same performance and more for hopefully around 50k in the GT350. Unless the price comes out much higher on the GT350 then its a no brainer to me because I get to keep the factory warranty and reliability. I would even say up to 53k would make sense for the GT350 as resale value will be much better.
I bet the GT350 starts at something like 54,999.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I bet the GT350 starts at something like 54,999.
I would still consider 55k. We arent just going to be getting a faster engine. We are going to get better wheels, suspension upgrades, better engine...I would probably do all of these things to my Mustang but over years of ownership. I can roll these mods into my original purchase, save money, have a warranty and enjoy resale value. I realize its out of the range of some owners want to spend but in terms of value it seems like a good deal anywhere below 55k. At 55k there are cars I would much rather have and I think Ford is going to have an unbelievably hard time moving units with a NA engine 55k up car. I dont see how you could justify value unless the car is coming with a HEAP of new technology (carbon fiber, more aluminum, Mag shocks, HUD, etc).

I realize its not a 100% apples to apples comparission but when I look at it from a fiscal perspective it looks like this:

GT PP - 43k
Wheels and tires - 5k
Suspension - 3k
Engine mods to 500hp - 3k to 5k

GT PP where I want it - 54-56k
GT350 where I want it - 55k

GT350 - Yes please...I realize the GT350 wont be as fully loaded at the 55k price. I dont really care about the refinement and leather. I want a sledge hammer. My current car has no nav, no leather, no heated seats, no lane departure, no auto sensing windshield wipers so I wont miss the extras.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I realize its not a 100% apples to apples comparission but when I look at it from a fiscal perspective it looks like this:

GT PP - 43k
Wheels and tires - 5k
Suspension - 3k
Engine mods to 500hp - 3k to 5k

GT PP where I want it - 54-56k
GT350 where I want it - 55k

GT350 - Yes please...I realize the GT350 wont be as fully loaded at the 55k price. I dont really care about the refinement and leather. I want a sledge hammer. My current car has no nav, no leather, no heated seats, no lane departure, no auto sensing windshield wipers so I wont miss the extras.

You can get a premium GT PP for $37k with x-plan. You can also get really killer wheels and tires for far less than $5k.

GT/PP = $37k
Wheels/tires = $3k
Suspension = $2-3k
Engine = $3-5k

Total = $45-48k
GT350 = probably $55k

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
You can get a premium GT PP for $37k with x-plan. You can also get really killer wheels and tires for far less than $5k.

GT/PP = $37k
Wheels/tires = $3k
Suspension = $2-3k
Engine = $3-5k

Total = $45-48k
GT350 = probably $55k
I wont pay 55k for a GT350 either :D. I will buy through a buying service and get a guaranteed discount. I've had friends buy Boss's and GT500s when they were in limited supply below MSRP. If the pricing structure holds from my friends experience I would expect to pay 52k for a brand new GT350 if the car comes in at 55k after the heat from the original release dies down. This will obviously depend on the release numbers so I realize it isnt a guaranteed thing.

GT/PP - 45-48k
GT350 - 52k

For around 5k I will still go with the GT350 all day, everyday. 100% warranty coverage and great resale. I would imagine you would cover the 3-5k gap on resale alone. You will pay more for the GT350 but all things considered it would be of value to me. The prices are in the same ballpark after you start modding. I realize it isnt for everyone.

What we dont know is will a 45k modded Mustang touch a GT350 or will the modded GT be better...That may swing the balance.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
My problem is that even if I spent the $52-55k on a GT350 I'd still end up modding it. Maybe not to the extent of a GT, but modding to me is almost as fun as driving the thing.
Sponsored