Sponsored

Anyone else awaiting shipment on their 2017 Mustang?

SkippedOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost... Eventually
Ford idled the Mustang plant for a week, and your dealer may have put you on a lower priority than normal. The wait for my car is killing me too.
When did you order yours? My order date is August 10th but it didn't get to processing until October 26th. I think I picked a bad dealer. Another one in town has almost exactly what I want just in Blue. Going to look at it today.
Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
ordered mine 9/28. It'll be here next week sometime.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
ordered mine 9/28. It'll be here next week sometime.
Ordered mine same day. ETA is 11/24. Was 11/17 but got bumped out yesterday. On the rail car now leaving Ohio.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
SkippedOut- you do not necessarily have a bad dealer. Sorry but I gotta get out of the office and can't spend 30 min typing up the order process but it is NOT what many think around here.

The highly abbreviated 30 second version is: It isn't your order but your dealers. And internal dealer priority number (11-99) generally means little to nothing --if the dealer is ordering 5 cars at the same time then the lowest priority number will come into play but I doubt that is your case. If the dealer has only 1 order out for a Mustang, regardless if it is an 11 or 66 it gets built in the same time period.

That number is only used by Ford to build cars for that dealership in a specific order. Most dealers do not use their 'lowest' allocation number for a specific reason..they may have 10 orders in with Ford. The first one built is damaged upon arrival in PDI etc and they need a replacement they can send in a replacement order with a lower allocation number to get to the head of their dealerships line on earlier ordered but unbuilt cars. Or Joe Big Bucks walks in and wants an car ASAP....and they jump him in line.

Just because a dealership gives you a low allocation number doesn't mean Ford is paying squat attention to it...other then building it before other cars for that specific dealership.

Mustangs are allocation cars. Any Ford dealer cannot just order as many as they want at any time...they need to have allocation. Obviously a huge dealership going through thousands of cars per year like Koons gets more allocation then some small out of the way dealership...and as such may have a standing allocation with Ford for say 25 Mustangs per month. Thus the dealership always has an allocation available to custom order your car and have it picked up (order accepted and build) fairly quickly by Ford.

Ford will also cap a dealership in terms of the number of cars on the lot. Ford may feel the dealership has too many unsold cars sitting on the ground and will not send them any new cars (grant allocation), including custom orders, until some units are sold. Remember it is the dealership's order, not yours. Ford ain't stupid--do you think a dealership would ever lie and try to put in stock lot order under the name of a "customer" to get quicker allocation and then claim the customer walked away....

SkippedOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost... Eventually
Car has been delayed, again. I was told repeatedly there would be no problems, allocation or otherwise, with ordering this car. What gets me the most is that I was told it had been built back in October, then heard nothing until early November, when I found out it had only been built November 3rd.

Also checked the window sticker online while tracking it to find out it wasn't ordered correctly.

So the dealer can keep the car. If the other dealer in town can give me a similar price I'll get them to order one. Hopefully they'll order it right.

Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Delivery to my driveway in T-minus 2.5 hrs :)

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Dealer called me yesterday saying that it arrived to the dealership on transport truck. Went to inspect it and found a small dent/crease driver-side rear quarter panel. Dealer wanted 2 weeks to fix in body shop that would entail "working" the area, sanding and painting. I said absolutely not, got my deposit back and walked away. Gonna wait to see what 2018 MY looks like next month and probably just wait to order one of those.
Sponsored

Last edited: