Sponsored

Anyone Dyno, Has physically Seen, ESS System 800+RWHP?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Rather than get hung up on a single data point in a piece of literature, why not just publish the data table that indicates measured boost with a pulley setup (and do it for the gen2 and the gen3). Run the table from 7k to 8k rpms.

Then no one can bitch that anyone is hiding anything or under/over advertising the kit.

Central to the issue is what the kits make at what pressure. There's been a lot of, let's say DUBIOUS claims about what these kits make in terms of rwhp at what boost level.

Per the discussion above, at a bare minimum, the redline has to be accounted (especially with a centri) and then to get a true apples/apples, the car must be configured as ESS lays out earlier (with a GT350 intake, etc).

In summary, I think the whole discussion centers around an honest discussion about what the ESS kits actually make (in terms of power compared to boost).

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Someone on the 2015+ S550 FB Forum just posted up 1104 to the wheels on 17.4 psi (95 mm pulley). Seems borderline infeasible to me, but supposedly tuned by Lund.
Sounds like corrections out the Wazoo.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Someone on the 2015+ S550 FB Forum just posted up 1104 to the wheels on 17.4 psi (95 mm pulley). Seems borderline infeasible to me, but supposedly tuned by Lund.
0% chance of making 1100 to the tire at under 18lbs of boost.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
0% chance of making 1100 to the tire at under 18lbs of boost.
Well, Offer to pay for the transportation of his car to a "Reputable" Dyno shop and pay for the Dyno time, to this individual in question and see what they say. If the boost gives you so much doubt it might be worth it to you. Couldn't hurt. Good Luck

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Well, Offer to pay for the transportation of his car to a "Reputable" Dyno shop and pay for the Dyno time, to this individual in question and see what they say. If the boost gives you so much doubt it might be worth it to you. Couldn't hurt. Good Luck
As someone with a car actually at this power level who actually races, I don't care. If people want to believe ESS has created a supercharger that's more efficient than even the turbo cars, more power to them. It's utter nonsense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
As someone with a car actually at this power level who actually races, I don't care. If people want to believe ESS has created a supercharger that's more efficient than even the turbo cars, more power to them. It's utter nonsense.
I have to agree with it's efficiency being possibly higher than a Turbo set up, but I'm not going to call someone an All Out Lier on a public forum on something which to me, Is Trivial at best: UNLESS, I am willing to call them out and pay them 100% of all cost to have them prove myself or them right or wrong. Just Saying, ALL TALK is cheap unless your willing to put skin in the Game, And that is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Why on earth would any one spend their own money on something so stupid? The ess guys just need to get to the track and put down the trap speeds that match the hp numbers we are seeing. The ess kit looks like a solid FI option but so far other than Brad's runs all we have seen are dyno queens.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Why on earth would any one spend their own money on something so stupid? The ess guys just need to get to the track and put down the trap speeds that match the hp numbers we are seeing. The ess kit looks like a solid FI option but so far other than Brad's runs all we have seen are dyno queens.
That is true. But as you know, ET drag times are very subjective to numerous variants, BUT, for me, I hope they plan on doing more than dyno pulls to show everyone its true potential or not. We will see

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Not so much ETs but trap speeds. Those will tell the tale.

ETs are a function of traction etc, trap speeds should correlate to horsepower.

If this 1100hp monster traps 135 - impressive but not 1100 worth of horsepower. Now, if he runs “only” a 10.5 but at 158 then ok.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Because multiple threads is part of the advertising approach.
Very interesting claim! Especially considering that both main ESS threads (including the one we are on right now) have both been started by members that do not own an ESS product. Now that is some great advertising I must agree!
Sponsored