Sponsored

Anyone Dyno, Has physically Seen, ESS System 800+RWHP?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I am curious. Has anyone of our members ever dyno their mustang or has physically witnessed an ESS Mustang producing 800+RWHP? Just curreous.
Thank you for the help
Sponsored

ESSBoosted5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shadd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I am curious. Has anyone of our members ever dyno their mustang or has physically witnessed an ESS Mustang producing 800+RWHP? Just curreous.
Thank you for the help
Currently 720whp on there G2 kit. Running 9lbs boost, 110mm pulley on 91 and boostane. Car is Currently in the shop as we speak upgrading to G3, Fore innovations fuel system, 105mm pulley and E85. My tuner estimates 850-900whp easily! Just fyi

IMG_20210519_180508-0.jpg

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Currently 720whp on there G2 kit. Running 9lbs boost, 110mm pulley on 91 and boostane. Car is Currently in the shop as we speak upgrading to G3, Fore innovations fuel system, 105mm pulley and E85. My tuner estimates 850-900whp easily! Just fyi

What size injectors were you using for the 720 whp?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Funny... just saw this thread today.

Actually yesterday I was witness to @kevinvan6000 800+ run.

He’s posted the run in the ESS thread.

Only thing I can really say is that ANY boost is a great thing! Every single kit will have benefits and cons and different potentials. Pick your goals and then find the type / brand / model and supporting mods to reach goal.

Putting a Whipple 3.8 on a car that the owner will NEVER race and ONLY wants 600 wheel is a poor choice. Likewise a max effort “I want to go deep 8’s” is not the right fit for a Roush.

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt

It is known that ess rates their boost at only 7k, so their 9 psi kit makes around 9 psi but when revved to 7500 and up is going to make a couple more pounds of boost, imo that's doing a disservice to the people who are going to run their kits. They know people don't shift or stop a pull at 7k so why state lower numbers? Not sure if they did that to make the kit seem better pound for pound of boost or not, but It's just something to be aware of and guys running pump gas are going to be on the ragged edge of blowing up the engines with 11 to 12 psi on pump thinking they are at 9

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
It is known that ess rates their boost at only 7k, so their 9 psi kit makes around 9 psi but when revved to 7500 and up is going to make a couple more pounds of boost, imo that's doing a disservice to the people who are going to run their kits. They know people don't shift or stop a pull at 7k so why state lower numbers? Not sure if they did that to make the kit seem better pound for pound of boost or not, but It's just something to be aware of and guys running pump gas are going to be on the ragged edge of blowing up the engines with 11 to 12 psi on pump thinking they are at 9
This is mostly incorrect. We rate the pulleys at 7200rpm across the board. That rating applies to Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars because they are the same kit. Also for G2 and G3 kits which utilize a different sized supercharger. There are so many variables at play when measuring boost. Different altitudes, weather, year of car and other modifications all play a huge factor in how much boost you will end up making. For example, a G2 car with headers and GT350 manifold will likely see less boost because of less restriction and a smaller supercharger. There is no one size fits all for measuring boost with each individual pulley. See Kevin’s car above, a G2 with the 105mm pulley making just over 10psi. Another member has this same setup with the G3 and makes over 14 psi. We give a baseline to go off of as well as pulley recommendations for pump gas that are clearly listed in the installation manual and on the website. We have done extensive testing and R&D on our own shop cars and know the limits on pump gas. If the recommendations we supply are followed there will be no issues.

Last edited:

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I don't see the risk of blowing up your engine as ESS gives specifics on the smallest pulley you should run for your setup.
The pulleys they recommend are actually pretty conservative, a lot of people run smaller pulleys than they recommend (me included) and are doing fine.

Personally my pulleys have been mostly spot on.
I have a G2 with the 105mm/11 psi pulley (Now on the 100mm), stock TB, stock IM, catless headers but running the magnaflow tru-x resonator with 2.5 inch connect so quite restrictive.
I've seen 14 psi when revved to about 8000 but at 7500 I'm usually at 11 - 12 psi

Screenshot_20220515-161659_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20220515-162559_Video Player.jpg

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
This is mostly incorrect. We rate the pulleys at 7200rpm across the board. That rating applies to Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars because they are the same kit. Also for G2 and G3 kits which utilize a different sized supercharger. There are so many variables at play when measuring boost. Different altitudes, weather, year of car and other modifications all play a huge factor in how much boost you will end up making. For example, a G2 car with headers and GT350 manifold will likely see less boost because of less restriction and a smaller supercharger. There is no one size fits all for measuring boost with each individual pulley. See Kevin’s car above, a G2 with the 105mm pulley making just over 10psi. Another member has this same setup with the G3 and makes over 14 psi. We give a baseline to go off of as well as pulley recommendations for pump gas that are clearly listed in the installation manual and on the website. We have done extensive testing and R&D on our own shop cars and know the limits on pump gas. If the recommendations we supply are followed there will be no issues.
What would be your recommendation for a Gen2 with cat deletes and +18 IM if you wanna hit high 600 low 700 whp on 93 as far as injectors, pulley size, fuel supply, etc

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Haven't dyno but trapping 119mph in the 1/8 would think I was around that power. 18' 10r80 G3 kit running 115 mm pulley e30 fuel. Car is PP1 premium , did have drag pack and front rear seats removed for weight reduction.

Thank you for the help

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Haven't dyno but trapping 119mph in the 1/8 would think I was around that power. 18' 10r80 G3 kit running 115 mm pulley e30 fuel. Car is PP1 premium , did have drag pack and front rear seats removed for weight reduction.
this car's making some steam

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Funny... just saw this thread today.

Actually yesterday I was witness to @kevinvan6000 800+ run.

He’s posted the run in the ESS thread.

Only thing I can really say is that ANY boost is a great thing! Every single kit will have benefits and cons and different potentials. Pick your goals and then find the type / brand / model and supporting mods to reach goal.

Putting a Whipple 3.8 on a car that the owner will NEVER race and ONLY wants 600 wheel is a poor choice. Likewise a max effort “I want to go deep 8’s” is not the right fit for a Roush.
Haha, you beat me to it Dave :)

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just curious, why do you say putting a 3.8 Whipple on a car that’s not raced and wants 600whp is a poor choice?
Sponsored