Sponsored

Anyone done axlebacks other than Borla with Borla resonator?

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

StreetPony5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vigneshwaran
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT, '12 Audi A6
Anyone looking to do this... Spotted on FB marketplace.
Screenshot_20200218-122658_Facebook.jpg
Any idea on how Borla Switchfire with Borla s type axle back sounds?
I talked to person who handles Borla Instagram account and got to know that they couldn’t replicate exact ATAK sound with ATAK axle backs on 18+ mustangs hence no ATAK ab’s.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That's a bummer.

Their whole catback sounds incredible though, so I get it.

I had been looking to switch it up a bit and thanks in part to your journey took a closer look at the AWE Touring. Thinking of pulling off my rear section with the Corsa Xtreme mufflers paired with the Vibrants and replacing with the AWE Touring "axle back" that would then mate into the double x pipe.

While it's true they aren't making an axle back for the 18, I reached out to them directly and they offered to send the rear section by itself, with or without the over axle pipes(everything but the H pipe). In my case I'm pretty sure can get away with out the over axle then have my shop fab the connection.

You mentioned your axle back was 2.5", I assume the full cat back is 3" but I should probably confirm that if I end up going that route lol.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had been looking to switch it up a bit and thanks in part to your journey took a closer look at the AWE Touring. Thinking of pulling off my rear section with the Corsa Xtreme mufflers paired with the Vibrants and replacing with the AWE Touring "axle back" that would then mate into the double x pipe.

While it's true they aren't making an axle back for the 18, I reached out to them directly and they offered to send the rear section by itself, with or without the over axle pipes(everything but the H pipe). In my case I'm pretty sure can get away with out the over axle then have my shop fab the connection.

You mentioned your axle back was 2.5", I assume the full cat back is 3" but I should probably confirm that if I end up going that route lol.
The full catback is 3", yeah. I'd love to hear what it sounds with a double X but it is actually louder than the Xtreme unresonated. The resonators are necessary, IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The full catback is 3", yeah. I'd love to hear what it sounds with a double X but it is actually louder than the Xtreme unresonated. The resonators are necessary, IMO.
Ended up pulling the trigger on the AWE touring "axle back". Just waiting on them to build and ship. Don't think I've seen / heard it paired with the Corsa double X so should be interesting.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up pulling the trigger on the AWE touring "axle back". Just waiting on them to build and ship. Don't think I've seen / heard it paired with the Corsa double X so should be interesting.
Incredible! But gonna be loud lol

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Incredible! But gonna be loud lol
Lol I came to terms with it. No more condo living so now cold starts happen backed in with garage door shut. Drive out once its calmed down. But the Vibrants really did their job everywhere else on the Corsa just time for something different. And the AWE Touring seems to fit the bill.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I came to terms with it. No more condo living so now cold starts happen backed in with garage door shut. Drive out once its calmed down. But the Vibrants really did their job everywhere else on the Corsa just time for something different. And the AWE Touring seems to fit the bill.
I agree. Amazing sound with stock headers and X pipe. Can't imagine with LTs.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I agree. Amazing sound with stock headers and X pipe. Can't imagine with LTs.
Finally got this setup done. Definitely better tone in the low and mid rpm. Definitely less trumpety than the Corsa was at WOT before the Vibrants were added. Total volume maybe a tad less than the Xtremes without the Vibrants. Definitely happy went this route.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got this setup done. Definitely better tone in the low and mid rpm. Definitely less trumpety than the Corsa was at WOT before the Vibrants were added. Total volume maybe a tad less than the Xtremes without the Vibrants. Definitely happy went this route.
Nice!! How easy was it to get the 3" axleback section from AWE? @Bluemustang and I would like to know. I agree on the tone: more growl/deeper in the low and mid, and less trumpety. It's my favorite so far of both Corsa catbacks, Borla ATAK, and AWE Touring. Interesting that you found it quieter than the Xtremes w/o the Vibrants. When I installed it I definitely found it louder. Maybe a 2.5" vs 3" difference? I would really like to hear it with the double helix X on stock headers (I'm not planning to go to LTHs).

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Nice!! How easy was it to get the 3" axleback section from AWE? @Bluemustang and I would like to know. I agree on the tone: more growl/deeper in the low and mid, and less trumpety. It's my favorite so far of both Corsa catbacks, Borla ATAK, and AWE Touring. Interesting that you found it quieter than the Xtremes w/o the Vibrants. When I installed it I definitely found it louder. Maybe a 2.5" vs 3" difference? I would really like to hear it with the double helix X on stock headers (I'm not planning to go to LTHs).
It was honestly as easy as reaching out to AWE directly, explaining what I wanted, and they gave me a couple options. Side note the diamond black quad tips on the AWE are pretty nice even compared to the black Corsas.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It was honestly as easy as reaching out to AWE directly, explaining what I wanted, and they gave me a couple options. Side note the diamond black quad tips on the AWE are pretty nice even compared to the black Corsas.
I agree, I like the diamond black as well. How much was it? PM me if you've been asked not to distribute.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
@AZ18yote definitely post some sound clips revving/driving when you get a chance!
Sponsored