Sponsored

Anyone doing an oil change in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a little assistance from a Mach 1 owner who has an upcoming oil change that they'll be completing themselves, or someone who's willing to test fit some 3D printed oil change items that I make, in order to check the fit.

I make a 3D printed twist-to-lock oil funnel, as well as an oil filter guide, to help remove the oil filter and minimize mess. I started off making these items for my car out of necessity (a '19 GT350), and have transitioned to GT500's. The filter guide is identical for the cartridge filter on the GT500 and GT350, and I suspect it'll also work for the Mach 1, but I need someone with a mach 1 to test fit for me. The oil funnels between the 350 and 500 are completely different though.

If anyone is interested in assisting, please send me a PM. Once I can verify proper fit, or design something new for the Mach 1, I'll be taking orders. I'm about a week away from working my way through the GT500 backlog, so it seemed like a great time to approach the Mach 1 crowd.

Thanks for reading!

Heres a little further reading if you're interested to read a little about the pieces.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...y-non-exxon-valdez-style.165316/#post-3362990

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/3d-printed-oil-change-apparatus-oil-filter-funnel.162885/

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to test this.
Iā€™ll be going my 2nd oil change in about 1000mi
Couple weeks or so.
Anything to help the oil filter removal mess please!!!

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
I bought one of your kits not realizing it was specific to the GT350.

Iā€™m picking up my Mach1 later today, and will be doing my first oil change this weekend (I have a 950 mile drive to get home from the dealer).

I will let you know how it works.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I bought one of your kits not realizing it was specific to the GT350.

Iā€™m picking up my Mach1 later today, and will be doing my first oil change this weekend (I have a 950 mile drive to get home from the dealer).

I will let you know how it works.
First of all, congrats on the purchase. Sounds like one hell of a drive!

Thanks for the offer. Seems like this is the path of least resistance since you already have a set in your possession. If the parts donā€™t fit, Iā€™d be happy to give you a refund, or send you the correct stuff once itā€™s been designed

@ChitownStang , thanks for your offer. Letā€™s see what see what @Techapma comes up with first.

I think Iā€™m more interested in figuring out the fit of the funnel at this point, as I suspect the oil filter guide will fit. Does anyone have the ability to snap a few pictures of the oil cap installed in their engine, as well as a few snaps uninstalled showing a few angles? Bonus points if I could get a width measurement from a caliper from someone.

Thanks everyone!

-Jon

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I would be interested as well, when my car arrives next year.

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I measured 1.32 - 1.332 inch inside diameter and 45 degrees.

BF3432B4-BC4B-48BD-9526-4B28845B2F6B.jpeg

7D2CAF2B-375C-4251-85B1-5AA2772D5963.jpeg

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Oil cap installed.....

138FAFBC-054E-4449-8B6E-B1A9F3021592.jpeg

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Well, Iā€™m sorry to report that the oil filter is completely different for the Mach 1 than I was expecting. Itā€™s much closer to the ā€˜15 and ā€˜16 gt350ā€™s, so my current design wonā€™t work. Iā€™m still hopeful that the gt500 oil funnel will be a perfect fit, but we wonā€™t know for sure until next week at some point.

If anyoneā€™s around Indianapolis and wants to give me access to their car for 5-10 min, let me know. Iā€™m hopeful we can still work something out over the coming months.

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Well, Iā€™m sorry to report that the oil filter is completely different for the Mach 1 than I was expecting. Itā€™s much closer to the ā€˜15 and ā€˜16 gt350ā€™s, so my current design wonā€™t work. Iā€™m still hopeful that the gt500 oil funnel will be a perfect fit, but we wonā€™t know for sure until next week at some point.

If anyoneā€™s around Indianapolis and wants to give me access to their car for 5-10 min, let me know. Iā€™m hopeful we can still work something out over the coming months.
Did you redesign it? Any updates? Going through my first oil change in the next 2-3 weeks and would love to have both pieces.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Did you redesign it? Any updates? Going through my first oil change in the next 2-3 weeks and would love to have both pieces.
Sorry Jussie, I mean Juicy :)

Unfortunately nothing has changed on the design front. Realistically itā€™ll be another couple of months before I can give some attention to that engine.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)

I know itā€™s been a couple months + since your post, if you havenā€™t found anyone you can try the M1 FB page as there are a couple around here just not sure if they are accessible due to current season.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I know itā€™s been a couple months + since your post, if you havenā€™t found anyone you can try the M1 FB page as there are a couple around here just not sure if they are accessible due to current season.
Thanks for the suggestionā€¦ unfortunately Iā€™m not on Facebook, but I might need to join in the not to distant future.

@JuicySmollet and I chatted yesterday about the oil funnel guide for the M1, and it looks like heā€™s going to be doing some designing and prototyping in the near future that myself and @Gearz might be able to offer some support on. When his design is finalized, the plan will be for me to make it available to everyone else.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, I was curious about this as well. I'm probably waiting till the 3,000-4,000 mile mark or one year, whichever comes first. I'm at a whopping 676 miles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.