Sponsored

Anyone Do an Entire Exterior Paint Color Change?

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I am possibly thinking of doing a custom paint (not going to wrap or plastidip the car) color change to my car. I am just wondering has anyone else done that to their S550? If so, what did you do with the engine bay, did you keep the engine bay the factory color or did you pull the motor and paint the engine bay also?
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Search Olive GT, I found it on page 2. He’s looked good in pictures. I apologize, not iPhone savvy enough to figure out how to post the link.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have done it twice, on two cars, ( none were S550's). one car was from silver to a base coat clear coat atomic orange, and the other from black to base coat clear coat black Cherry. The one regret I made on both was not removing the engine. Both my cars were completely disassembled and and took about 2 to 4 months at a cost between $4500- $6000

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
NoReins

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Thanks for the link, will definitely check it out. I know Wrapping would be cheaper, but i got plans for other custom things to do. So paint would probably be the best way to go

The car i am looking at to do this too is Black, so if left the engine bay black i probably wouldnt hate it as much as the 60s Mustangs had a black engine bay
Sponsored