Sponsored

Anyone delete/yank the sound tube yet?

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
OK, who has done it so far? What did you use to plug the holes? Does the 13-14 delete kit work for this current one?

Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks. Wonder if anyone else has? I'd like to know what to use to plug the holes.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
It is a pain in the ass. there is a stud on the firewall as usualy for Ford about three times longer than it needs to be and it has a nyloc nut on it. So you will have to wrench it off all the way.

You can see the plug I made but not the stud it is shadow.

Gone

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
It is a pain in the ass. there is a stud on the firewall as usualy for Ford about three times longer than it needs to be and it has a nyloc nut on it. So you will have to wrench it off all the way.

You can see the plug I made but not the stud it is shadow.

Gone

Thanks. What did you plug the intake tube with? Looks like some sort of black end cap? And can you share what you bought or used to plug the firewall? In other words where can I go buy the plugs and have them ready to go when mine shows up. Thanks. :)

Sponsored

5th-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Ruby Red Auto, 19"
My '11 had the sound tube...why would you want to remove it? Does it interfere with something aftermarket?

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
My '11 had the sound tube...why would you want to remove it? Does it interfere with something aftermarket?
I find it ugly. It clutters up the engine bay. I don't want extra induction sound piped it, I prefer exhaust sound.

Anyone else delete theirs yet? I may just have to buy the 11-14 delete kit and see if it fits. Would be nice to know if anyone else has before I try it.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I was going to. I just tried to reach down and find the stud on a car in the showroom and I think it goes to never land.

There's def not as much room around the motor as on the 11-14.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Thanks. What did you plug the intake tube with? Looks like some sort of black end cap? And can you share what you bought or used to plug the firewall? In other words where can I go buy the plugs and have them ready to go when mine shows up. Thanks. :)

Sorry the plug in the firewall is custom made and the cap over the inlet tube is just a piece of hose with a plug in it. I'd get a proper cap if I wasn't SCing this winter. The silly sound tube is just a waste of space.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Sorry the plug in the firewall is custom made and the cap over the inlet tube is just a piece of hose with a plug in it. I'd get a proper cap if I wasn't SCing this winter. The silly sound tube is just a waste of space.
What does it sound like without the tube? Can you take some video?

Sponsored

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Man what a pain in the ass that was. Couldnt get my sausage fingers in there to get that nut off. 17 extensions and 42 swivels later it came right out. Lol

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Havent driven it to notice. Prob wont. Til spring. I mainly took it out to unclutter the engine bay. Can actually get to the oil dipstick now..

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I took mine off on my 12, 13 and now my 15, I cant tell any difference in sound I just dont like the plastic clutter. I got caps that fit perfect at my local hardware store.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Weird...I was just looking at a JLT catch can install for a 2015 GT. The video shows the installer just pulling the sound tube from the firewall. No stud or anything removed. JLT provided two plugs for the sound tube...one for the firewall and one for the engine.
He made the comment also, that he preferred not having the sound tube clutter, and didn't feel that the sound in the interior changed much.
Sponsored