Sponsored

Anyone can guess the size of these stripes?

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium Conv
Hello guys!!
I'm replacing my current stripes and gonna have painted ones soon. I found pictures of how I want my stripes to be. However, I couldn't get the width of them as well as the pin stripes and spaces between each. Anyone who can guess the dimensions in these pictures? I used some apps to calculate them, and I ended up having them as 8" but I couldn't get the gaps between each of them. I'm worried that it doesn't look like what I want when it's done due to wrong sizes.
IMG_2985.PNG
IMG_2986.PNG
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
looks like 7.5 (maybe 8) and 1/4" accents with same gap to wide stripe, and bang on 1" center gap.
Looks like they started with 2" wide gap in the middle and filled it in with the 1/4" accents.

I think 1.5-2" gap in the middle is best, and 3/8 or 1/2" accents on the outer edge.

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
looks like 7.5 (maybe 8) and 1/4" accents with same gap to wide stripe, and bang on 1" center gap.
Looks like they started with 2" wide gap in the middle and filled it in with the 1/4" accents.

I think 1.5-2" gap in the middle is best, and 3/8 or 1/2" accents on the outer edge.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You're almost the same as what I think.
I guess I will go with (1/4" for accents, same for gaps, and 8" for big ones, and 1.5" for center gap). That's what I came up with. total width would be 19.5" which sounds reasonable for me.
Thanks again.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Using that last photo of the back of the car and the back of you car, a strip of masking tape and a marker, I think it would be quite easy to get pretty damn close to the exact dimensions.

Use body features (the change in the fog light lens pattern for the inner and the curvature of where the fog light protrusion blends back into the splitter for the outer) to guide you where to mark the masking tape and then take measurements accordingly :like:

Hopefully I’ve explained myself well, if I have it’s a simple procedure to get some pretty accurate sizes :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
Using that last photo of the back of the car and the back of you car, a strip of masking tape and a marker, I think it would be quite easy to get pretty damn close to the exact dimensions.

Use body features (the change in the fog light lens pattern for the inner and the curvature of where the fog light protrusion blends back into the splitter for the outer) to guide you where to mark the masking tape and then take measurements accordingly :like:

Hopefully I’ve explained myself well, if I have it’s a simple procedure to get some pretty accurate sizes :like:

WD :like:
Thank you for your reply. My English isn't perfect, but I got what you mean. I have convertible so the back side of the car won't be the same.
I came up with the size as 8" stripes, 1/4" accents (same for gaps) and 1.5" for the center. hopefully it looks the way I want it.
Thanks again.

jlchoutex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A
Hello guys!!
I'm replacing my current stripes and gonna have painted ones soon. I found pictures of how I want my stripes to be. However, I couldn't get the width of them as well as the pin stripes and spaces between each. Anyone who can guess the dimensions in these pictures? I used some apps to calculate them, and I ended up having them as 8" but I couldn't get the gaps between each of them. I'm worried that it doesn't look like what I want when it's done due to wrong sizes.
IMG_2985.PNG
IMG_2986.PNG
Just ask Tim

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your reply. My English isn't perfect, but I got what you mean. I have convertible so the back side of the car won't be the same.
I came up with the size as 8" stripes, 1/4" accents (same for gaps) and 1.5" for the center. hopefully it looks the way I want it.
Thanks again.
I'm going to remind us all that professional designers who put the stripes on original Shelby GT350s must have had a reason to taper the hood stripes by about 3/4 of an inch, smaller in front, wider at the windscreen. You could look it up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to remind us all that professional designers who put the stripes on original Shelby GT350s must have had a reason to taper the hood stripes by about 3/4 of an inch, smaller in front, wider at the windscreen. You could look it up.
but our 2015+ hood shape is dramatically different. Not to say the parallax effect doesn't carry over and that I wish one of the big-name stripe suppliers would have figured out what the correct tapering should be.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
Just ask Tim
Thank you for your reply. I actually tried that but didn’t hear back. His last activity was back in 2018. So, I don’t think he would see my question.
I wish I could reach out to him.

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for those info. It actually won’t be the same for my car since the hood is different. I will still look it up coz it’s worth it.

OP
OP
jesus

jesus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eisa
Vehicle(s)
but our 2015+ hood shape is dramatically different. Not to say the parallax effect doesn't carry over and that I wish one of the big-name stripe suppliers would have figured out what the correct tapering should be.
Agree.
Sponsored