Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
People also ask

What is the median income in the US 2020? $67,521

Median household income was $67,521 in 2020, a decrease of 2.9 percent from the 2019 median of $69,560 (Figure 1 and Table A-1). This is the first statistically significant decline in median household income since 2011.Sep 14, 2021

People also ask
What is the price of the average electric car?

The average transaction price for an electric vehicle is $62,876, according to January 2022 Kelley Blue Book data. That is about $15,000 higher than the overall industry average of $46,404, which includes gasoline-powered vehicles, hybrids and EVs.Mar 10, 2022

stirring the pot.... uh-oh
Your mixing Apples and Oranges. Median and average are not the same thing. Also the decline was due to Covid so certainly understandable. Watch the numbers jump back up in 2021.

As far as the cost of EV's, do not forget the consumer funded :giggle: federal tax breaks on most EV's. The electric revolution is still in its infancy so the costs are going to be higher. They will continue to drop over the next 5-10 years. Besides EV's are not for everyone. If you can't afford one, don't buy one. Same goes for a Shelby GT500.
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
he said:
"They will continue to drop over the next 5-10 years. Besides EV's are not for everyone. If you can't afford one, don't buy one. Same goes for a Shelby GT500."

the OP thread news was about one of our states trying to make anyone (not choosers) in that state wanting a new car to have to buy an EV in xxx years. Saying the price will drop in some years may not play out, we have worst inflation presently than in last 40 yrs, housing going to the sky with no supply relief. how will things look in 3 to 5 yrs? who knows?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
he said:
"They will continue to drop over the next 5-10 years. Besides EV's are not for everyone. If you can't afford one, don't buy one. Same goes for a Shelby GT500."

the OP thread news was about one of our states trying to make anyone (not choosers) in that state wanting a new car to have to buy an EV in xxx years. Saying the price will drop in some years may not play out, we have worst inflation presently than in last 40 yrs, housing going to the sky with no supply relief. how will things look in 3 to 5 yrs? who knows?
Inflation is cyclical. It goes up and it goes down. Yes today's current looked pretty bad. So did the 2008 crash, the 1973 oil embargo, etc, etc. But this too shall pass. Our overall economy is good and the current issues will improve.

Now as far as EV's all new technology eventually goes down in cost. Put an electric powertrain in a Civic, Corolla, or Maverick and you will have an affordable EV. It will happen. when is anyones guess. :like:

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Inflation is cyclical. It goes up and it goes down. Yes today's current looked pretty bad. So did the 2008 crash, the 1973 oil embargo, etc, etc. But this too shall pass. Our overall economy is good and the current issues will improve.

Now as far as EV's all new technology eventually goes down in cost. Put an electric powertrain in a Civic, Corolla, or Maverick and you will have an affordable EV. It will happen. when is anyones guess. :like:
and I have 0% beef with what my daily driver is going to be in 5 to 8 yrs from now. Like others though, I have issues with Federal or State gov't trying to make my choices for me and/or trying to artificially move natural market progressions to their agendas.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
People also ask

What is the median income in the US 2020?

$67,521

Median household income was $67,521 in 2020, a decrease of 2.9 percent from the 2019 median of $69,560 (Figure 1 and Table A-1). This is the first statistically significant decline in median household income since 2011.Sep 14, 2021

People also ask

What is the price of the average electric car?

The average transaction price for an electric vehicle is $62,876, according to January 2022 Kelley Blue Book data. That is about $15,000 higher than the overall industry average of $46,404, which includes gasoline-powered vehicles, hybrids and EVs.Mar 10, 2022

stirring the pot.... uh-oh
Easy solution. Can’t afford the car? Banks can just add on a couple years to the loan. You like your 30 year home loan right? How about a 30 year car loan???!!!

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
There are parts of the grid that need to be upgraded immediately (Texas), others can plan out upgrades as needed. The cost will be the cost. I do not thing there is such a thing as "saving money" where utilities are concerned.

Again with the "policy change". Is it possible for you to write a post without injecting your political views into it. The shift away from fossil fuel has been in the making for almost 50 years. Every administration makes changes. Some good, some not so good. But your instance to bring this up in every post is redundant and, quite franking annoying. Try sticking to cars.

See what I mean? You just love to ramble. Same crap, different post.

You are a broken record. Good enjoy your 21 year old Nissan.
Hello; One section of your reply focused on the topic. That being some area areas have a struggling grid with the present load. You mention Texas. The big glitch they had winter before last was in not making the wind generators "freeze proof" is my understanding. That may have been solved by now but i do not know for sure.
A main point in my posts has been some grids are already struggling currently without the added strain a massive increase in EV use thrown in. There is no doubt a large increase in the number of EV's will require an equal amount of increased generation capacity. If the current grids are struggling then added loads will be impossible to meet. Entirely new capacity will be needed.

The entirely new capacity to match increasing EV and other green demand is the subject under discussion. This is a completely different level of generation and demand over the "normal" electricity usage without the EV's being added. To try to imply the grids will need the massive upgrades proposed even without more EV in the mix is disingenuous. With the increased demand more EV's will cause most grids to not be able to handle the increased loads. There will be temporary stresses during extreme weather events (hot or cold) and those in the past have been handled by firing up natural gas generators for a while.

Here is a way to offset some of the demand. Pass a rule that anyone who buys an EV must also install solar panels or wind turbines. For those without houses or land to add panels or wind let them buy shares in a centralized private solar array or wind farm. Let those who adopt the EV and other such tech be the ones who increase the grid capacity sort of notion.

The other three parts of your post are attacks and not on topic. The strategy has been used in other threads of attack the individual instead of addressing the points. The next move along those lines is to accuse me of misinformation and/or accuse me of being a "troll". Such has worked in at least one thread to silence my voice.

Hello; I wound up editing the post so may need a re read.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
The CPI today is near 2x what it was during the 2008 "crash". The economy overall is nowhere near "good".

If the Fed wants to get this under control, they need to get serious about rate hikes and like, yesterday. They need to slow the consumption down.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
EV is coming and gaining speed, By 2040 (a mere 18 years from now) you will see driverless EV Trucks, buses, trains, and cars everywhere. I for one cannot wait. Imagine SF Bay Area traffic where all the trucks and cars on the road are driven by computers analyzing everything around them a million times a second and reacting, rather than a bunch of idiots who have no business behind the wheel driving with their nose glued to the iPhone so the don't miss posting a "like" to the next kitten playing the piano video, :sunglasses:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
EV is coming and gaining speed, By 2040 (a mere 18 years from now) you will see driverless EV Trucks, buses, trains, and cars everywhere. I for one cannot wait. Imagine SF Bay Area traffic where all the trucks and cars on the road are driven by computers analyzing everything around them a million times a second and reacting, rather than a bunch of idiots who have no business behind the wheel driving with their nose glued to the iPhone so the don't miss posting a "like" to the next kitten playing the piano video, :sunglasses:
Trucks as in HD trucks? yeah, no. Not by 2040.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
When you become an early adopter of a driverless car can I please have your gt500? :)

Sponsored

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trucks as in HD trucks? yeah, no. Not by 2040.
18 years is a long time in the Tech world. While none of the below are ready for primetime today, they are coming for sure. Tesla is number 1 car company in the World and gaining ground every day.

PositionManufacturerMarket Cap USD (AUD)Number of vehicles built in 2021
1Tesla$1.13 Trillion ($1.5 Trillion)936,000
2Toyota$297 billion ($396 billion)10,000,000
3Volkswagen$105 billion ($140.3 billion)4,890,000
4BYD$97 billion ($129.5 billion)730,000
5Daimler$75 billion ($100 billion)2,093,476
6Ford$66 billion ($88.2 billion)1,905,955
7GM$64 billion ($85.5 billion)6,290,000
8Honda$52 billion ($69.5 billion)4,500,000
9BMW$51 billion ($68.1 billion)2,210,000
10Stellantis$45 billion ($60.1 billion)6,049,000

Tesla Semi

Tesla Semi

Freightliner EV

Kenworth EV

Peterbilt

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
While I understand that the lack of charging stations is currently a hurdle to overcome, it amazes me how many people don’t think the general idea of emissions free vehicles on a large scale is unrealistic.
There is not any FEASABLE way in the United States to build, maintain, and provide a grid to support such an endeavor. There hasnt been an upgrade to the electrical system in the US since, maybe the early 60s. We should be far more worried about hardening out electrical grid, than how do we put more load on it, and back door tax the ever living crap out of our slaves... I mean citizens.

Not to get out into the weeds, but who do you think will pay for the upgrades initially? It will be done with bonds (our money) then we will pay higher bills to pay the bonds (still our money) then we will pay for the disposal of batteries, and then there is the obvious "infrastructure" funds from the fed (our money) and on and on it goes. It is the biggest scam on the planet.

I think we should be very concerned with the climate change on Uranus, i heard the temp there changed significantly... They all must be running cat deleted everything there..... lol

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While I won't be getting a driverless car, I do wish most everyone else on the road would. Here in the SF Bay Area during rush hour traffic I see some crazy crap from people that have NO BUSINESS behind the wheel.

Some may mock driverless tech, but I personally would rather get into a driverless Uber then some of the idiots who are allowed to drive those things. No driving test, just sign up and drive tired, drunk, on drugs, and or distracted.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is not any FEASABLE way in the United States to build, maintain, and provide a grid to support such an endeavor. There hasnt been an upgrade to the electrical system in the US since, maybe the early 60s. We should be far more worried about hardening out electrical grid, than how do we put more load on it, and back door tax the ever living crap out of our slaves... I mean citizens.
Anything is FEASABLE with enough time and money. The Grid is too and if we could just get out of our own legislative way we could do that in 20 years easy.

It took ~35 years and the equivalent of $500 Billion of todays dollars to build the Interstate Highway system, and that was tech of the 1940s, 50s, and 60s.

Hell just shave 3-5% off all the coin we spend/spent in Iraq, homeless, immigration, EDD, Farm subsidies, Military, blah, blah, blah and we could just pay cash for the grid. Fixing the grid is NOT the problem. The real problem will be how to power it. Nuclear is the only real option today and we all know that one is a non starter. Although Elon says he could power all of the US with a Solar Farm in a small chunk of Nevada or Utah.

Hell it's not gonna matter anyway. Aliens, Meteors, or Putin will end up wiping it all out anyway. Lol

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
18 years is a long time in the Tech world. While none of the below are ready for primetime today, they are coming for sure. Tesla is number 1 car company in the World and gaining ground every day.

PositionManufacturerMarket Cap USD (AUD)Number of vehicles built in 2021
1Tesla$1.13 Trillion ($1.5 Trillion)936,000
2Toyota$297 billion ($396 billion)10,000,000
3Volkswagen$105 billion ($140.3 billion)4,890,000
4BYD$97 billion ($129.5 billion)730,000
5Daimler$75 billion ($100 billion)2,093,476
6Ford$66 billion ($88.2 billion)1,905,955
7GM$64 billion ($85.5 billion)6,290,000
8Honda$52 billion ($69.5 billion)4,500,000
9BMW$51 billion ($68.1 billion)2,210,000
10Stellantis$45 billion ($60.1 billion)6,049,000

Tesla Semi

Tesla Semi

Freightliner EV

Kenworth EV

Peterbilt
Im fully aware and you're right, they are moving at a fast pace. Totally agree there.

However, there will need to be an historic breakthrough in battery tech before the technology is feasible in the HD world. They aren't even a little bit close.

HP and torque is not the problem, getting a battery powered truck to pull 40k lbs for more than a couple hundred miles without being completely empty is the issue.

As it stands today, there is no answer, but who knows what 5 or 10 years will bring.. we might be surprised.
Sponsored