Anybody seen the LA news today?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I remember the rolling blackouts when I lived out there. Now they got power to spare. Alrighty then
No we don't, and it's going to get worse. They are closing our only reliable source of clean electricity in a couple years, Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant. Not because there is anything wrong with it, because of politics. Unlike solar which works only when the sun shines, and wind that totally unreliable and kills millions of birds, Nuclear runs clean 24/7/365.

I have no idea where they think they are going to get all the power that 20 million EVs will need, especially when they are all plugged in at night, when solar is off line. If they can buy power from out of state, what do they think is being used to generate it? Coal and gas and your EVs aren't anywhere near as "clean" as you thought.

EVs also have a charging time issue, a range issue, and won't be very usefull for long trips for quite a while. In cold or hot weather, using the A/C or heater makes it even worse. EVs work nice for city travel and short commuting, like oversized golf carts. I could go on and on, but it's OK. I don't plan on ever buying an EV, and that works for me. My solution is build Nuclear power plants to your precious EVs and let me use gasoline to power my Mach1 Mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I'll stick to my first post, this is optics only, likely to distract from the actual problems.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Big oil should stop all oil/gas deliveries to California immediately to help them get to where they want to be ASAP. It's the right thing to do.

YBLEHSGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Shelby
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they’re need to ban forest fires, ships and planes too -

All farm tractors - semis - road maintenance machines - backhoes - cats - and of course Union Pacific rail and all other -

Guess stocks in Briggs & Stratton will tank

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
California has always been a trend-setter with the rest of the country catching up later, but unfortunately this also happens with stupid things. A lot of Cali folks are moving here to Texas, I've talked to a couple of them. They are frustrated with the way the state is being run. One problem, our state may go blue and then it will be more of the same stupidity here.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
As a Californian, I am impressed with the solicitude of people who have no connection to this state.
I had to look up solicitude. Good word. Thanks for inspiring me. Lived in CA for 10yrs in my 20s. Love that place.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
California has always been a trend-setter with the rest of the country catching up later, but unfortunately this also happens with stupid things. A lot of Cali folks are moving here to Texas, I've talked to a couple of them. They are frustrated with the way the state is being run. One problem, our state may go blue and then it will be more of the same stupidity here.
What is the positive trend that CA set for the rest of the country? I can’t think of one and I lived there for 25 years.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Maybe they’re need to ban forest fires, ships and planes too -

All farm tractors - semis - road maintenance machines - backhoes - cats - and of course Union Pacific rail and all other -

Guess stocks in Briggs & Stratton will tank
They have outlawed all gas powered lawnmowers, chain saws, hedge clippers, blowers and portable generators already, though I'm not sure when it goes into effect. That will keep things dark during the next black-outs and let the grass take over the lands. :cwl: I'm planning on starting an underground ICE equipment sales business. Selling gas powered equipment to people with no lights or refrigeration drowning under waves of overgrown weeds and shrubs.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What is the positive trend that CA set for the rest of the country? I can’t think of one and I lived there for 25 years.
LOL you might have point there. I was thinking mainly about fashion, styles and such over the years.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
What I'd like to know is are the farmers going to put harnesses on the kardashians to start plowing the fields considering there is no battery operated farm equipment or any that can run longer than 20 mins before having to be charged for 6 hours, or are all the farmers going to give up and move elsewhere considering Cali is going to be a desert state soon as well thanks to the screw ups they have done.

Hell even the rain clouds avoid Cali at all costs and go around the whole damn state.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
LOL you might have point there. I was thinking mainly about fashion, styles and such over the years.
The best thing you as a Texan can do for your own survival and that of your children is to build a wall to keep refugees from CA out. It’s a cesspool of degeneracy and bad ideas. Similar to a virus, the ideas that killed CA have jumped to new hosts, ie. Neighboring states. I thankfully got out and I’m working very hard to get the last of my family out as well. To help them pack will be the only reason I ever step foot in that state again.
Sponsored