Sponsored

Anybody running Steeda sport linears with adjustable pro-action dampers?

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on my suspension upgrades for my 2019 GT Premium Auto PP1.

Steeda Sport Linear Springs
Steeda adj pro-action shocks and struts
Steeda stop the hop starter kit(IRS Subframe Support Braces, IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, IRS Subframe Alignment Kit)
Steeda Camber plates

I'm looking for feedback from those with the sport linear springs with the adj pro-actions. By dialing back the dampers, can you get a good street ride with those springs?

I've decided not to get the rear shock mounts, but to get the camber plates since I have to take apart the front suspension to do the rest anyway. I understand I may not need them when I'm just going to lower the front an inch.

Looking for one last bit of feedback before I order.

Thanks,
Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have everything mentioned expect Ultralites instead of Sports and I do have the rear shock mounts. I have the struts one and a half turns out from full soft and the shocks one turn from full soft. Rides like stock except no bouncing (may be a 15-17 thing only, have not driven a 18+). I also track it at those same settings as I have done pretty bumpy tracks locally. I feel like the car handles the way it should have from the factory with "Performance Pack".

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I have the non-adjustable Pro-Actions and the CB005 and Steeda subframe alignment kit instead of the full Steeda stop the hop, but I have had no issues with the street ride. Because springs are linear, they are very predictable and the combination with the shocks/struts is controlled and minimizes the bounciness. Some of the deeper dips might feel harsher, but the car bounces right back and recovers instead of several aftershocks. I don't recall exactly how they line up compared to the adjustables, but I want to say it was something in the neighborhood of 1-1.5 turns from soft. Even softer would probably be a little cushy and reserved more for somewhere like midwestern roads!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Should be a solid streetable combo.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The sport linear’s 200F/800R rate is a sweet spot for the S550. With the adjustable dampers you’ll have a 100% streetable and enjoyable ride.

For comparison, I run the Ultralites (225F/880R) with fixed ProActions (1.5turns from soft equivalent) and it takes a pretty rough or VERY wavy road for me to cringe.

OP
OP
Dano

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Alright then. Looks like I just need to get the order in before the sale goes off at the end of the year.
Sponsored