Anybody know where this plugs in?

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Hello all, swapped the intake manifold and installed a cold air intake this weekend but I don’t know where this connects. It splits off the MAF wire but I don’t see where it might go

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If its what I think it is, its the dyno plug. Connects drivers side, forward of the shock tower.

Its probably about exactly as long as it needs to reach it's socket.

Its about 2" to the outside from that bolt from the airbox and about 10" forward of the shock tower bolts.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Is your traction control light on? Then its the plug @NightmareMoon is referencing.

Here is a picture of the plug (I have a 2015 car, but should be similar on yours), the plug I am holding is the MAF plug, and the plug in the bottom left is what I think is your plug.

Let me know if its not and ill try to see the other connectors near there.

download (26).jpg

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Is your traction control light on? Then its the plug @NightmareMoon is referencing.

Here is a picture of the plug (I have a 2015 car, but should be similar on yours), the plug I am holding is the MAF plug, and the plug in the bottom left is what I think is your plug.

download (26).jpg
I will include a picture but long story short I blew the engine and I got the car back from a very bad mechanic a while ago and I’ve been doing everything myself since. I had a misfire and took it to another mechanic, he told me it was because of the intake manifold and to replace it which is what I’m doing now but it doesn’t look like there is any connections for the port. Is it possible that it was removed and can I upload my tune and continue on without for now?

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt

download (26).jpg
I will include a picture but long story short I blew the engine and I got the car back from a very bad mechanic a while ago and I’ve been doing everything myself since. I had a misfire and took it to another mechanic, he told me it was because of the intake manifold and to replace it which is what I’m doing now but it doesn’t look like there is any connections for the port. Is it possible that it was removed and can I upload my tune and continue on without for now?

download (26).jpg
1F25B716-0208-43F2-A607-53D89AFE0BE6.jpeg

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Take off your cold air intake and send me a picture of the whole area.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
A71AE4F2-D41D-4186-86F1-037521224A79.jpeg

is this enough or do you need me to take out the box too?
I would like to see farther back. I want to see what would be south of the photo.

Just do the same angle but hold the camera back a foot or 2.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
1685227475724.jpeg

The YouTube plug is missing off its mount :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Take off your cold air intake and send me a picture of the whole area.
Can you send me a picture of where that wire leads, looking for any loose wires on mine and want a pic for reference

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Can you send me a picture of where that wire leads, looking for any loose wires on mine and want a pic for reference
Doesn't look like it runs to anything. It's just a connector. Not sure what the technical term is for this, resistor? It's right next to where the factory air box bolts to the body.

download (30).jpg

OP
OP

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Doesn't look like it runs to anything. It's just a connector. Not sure what the technical term is for this, resistor? It's right next to where the factory air box bolts to the body.

download (30).jpg
I honestly cannot seeing where it could possibly connect to on my car. My thinking is it could be hidden in the wheel well. Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove that connection all together? Just wondering if maybe the crappy mechanic either didn’t do something right or removed it. Tc had been off since I received the car.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I honestly cannot seeing where it could possibly connect to on my car. My thinking is it could be hidden in the wheel well. Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove that connection all together? Just wondering if maybe the crappy mechanic either didn’t do something right or removed it. Tc had been off since I received the car.
It looks like just a little plug that doesn't lead anywhere.

I would go to a ford dealership and see if they can find the part for you
Sponsored