Sponsored

Anybody experienced a leaky Voodoo oil pan?

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i am not sure if you know but the plug is supposed to be one and done. I hope your pan doesn’t need to be replaced like mine
Yea they are replacing the pan also.. I never did a oil change since I had it for only 6 days smh
Sponsored

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
And the hits keep coming. Now when the ac or heat is running damn car making a electric power steering type sound as soon as I turn ac or heat off its fine.. had this pos car for less then 2 weeks smh

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
i am not sure if you know but the plug is supposed to be one and done. I hope your pan doesn’t need to be replaced like mine
Huh. First I've heard of the plug needing replaced at every oil change. 3 oil changes and I'm still using the original plug which has never leaked a drop. Oops I guess. I have a new spare. I suppose the second I use it it'll start dripping.... Lol.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I got an text message from the dealer last evening, said “spoke with the technician they are still checking the car hopefully have an update soon.”

First, I appreciate the communication however, my buddy, the SVT mech said they should have been able to diagnose it with a camera in an hour or so. They had the car at the dealer all day yesterday. I suspect they are looking to do so e CYA to get Ford to pick up the tab. I am stopping by later this AM for a surprise visit to push this along.

Bottom line, a car with 15,000 miles on it should not have the oil plan leak nor an engine loose oil pressure. Just green light a new motor and let me go on my way
Ford doesn't allow dealers to repair 350 engines to my knowledge (at least if they've sustained a significant mechanical failure which it sounds like).
Huh. First I've heard of the plug needing replaced at every oil change. 3 oil changes and I'm still using the original plug which has never leaked a drop. Oops I guess. I have a new spare. I suppose the second I use it it'll start dripping.... Lol.
Technically the O-ring on the plug is a wear item, but I think Ford only says to change it because they expect their dealer lube techs to break the old one on removal, lol. The tabs aren't very fragile but those guys can and will break everything.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I bought a spare as well, but I changed the oil probably 10 or more times on my GT350 while I owned it and never had a problem.

OP
OP
Krman68

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
I just got an update this morning.

The dealer took 3 days to determine it wasn’t from the oil pan replacement but that the oil pump ‘broke’. i am Assuming the gear stripped. The service manager said Ford engineers said the oil pumps are a known issue. They’ve been working with Ford to diagnose. I found out today that Ford just approved a new engine

now they are doing the paperwork to the new engine. The service mgr estimated a few weeks tops

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just got an update this morning.

The dealer took 3 days to determine it wasn’t from the oil pan replacement but that the oil pump ‘broke’. i am Assuming the gear stripped. The service manager said Ford engineers said the oil pumps are a known issue. They’ve been working with Ford to diagnose. I found out today that Ford just approved a new engine

now they are doing the paperwork to the new engine. The service mgr estimated a few weeks tops
If this is true, that timing is just amazingly coincidental. At least the dealer and Ford aren't giving you a hard time about replacement.

I wonder if Ford has updated the oil pump design at some point? Or is the new long block your getting going to have the same version of pump with the hope that this one doesn't have an issue.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
If this is true, that timing is just amazingly coincidental. At least the dealer and Ford aren't giving you a hard time about replacement.

I wonder if Ford has updated the oil pump design at some point? Or is the new long block your getting going to have the same version of pump with the hope that this one doesn't have an issue.
From what I remember seeing last time it was discussed it's the same oil pump gear from the GT. The GT500 has a slightly modified oil pump gear.

I could be wrong though I don't remember the conversation exactly but I am pretty sure that the oil pump gears are from the GT

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
From what I remember seeing last time it was discussed it's the same oil pump gear from the GT. The GT500 has a slightly modified oil pump gear.

I could be wrong though I don't remember the conversation exactly but I am pretty sure that the oil pump gears are from the GT
GT500 engine gets a more robust oil pump featuring larger gerotor internals made of harder, stronger powdered metal than previous models. Some sources reported(unconfirmed) that gen2 voodoo gets oil pump from GT500. Hope it's the case.

Update: Did some reaserch and found this article about oil pump in GT350. If I understood correctly, FP upgraded oil pump (with part# M-6600-M52) and is already installed on 15-18 Shelby GT350’s.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/proj...ntinental-tire-week-to-wicked-2013-mustang-gt

Last edited:

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
GT500 engine gets a more robust oil pump featuring larger gerotor internals made of harder, stronger powdered metal than previous models. Some sources reported(unconfirmed) that gen2 voodoo gets oil pump from GT500. Hope it's the case.

Update: Did some reaserch and found this article about oil pump in GT350. If I understood correctly, FP upgraded oil pump (with part# M-6600-M52) and is already installed on 15-18 Shelby GT350’s.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/proj...ntinental-tire-week-to-wicked-2013-mustang-gt
It seems like it's the same billet pump for all GT350s.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/part/M-6600-M52

First I've heard that the pumps are a "known" issue...
So then this means the GT500 and GT350 have the same oil pumps? Since the GT350s have the billet pump? I thought billet is the strongest material.

This is a bit weird because I remember there was a discussion a while ago about upgrading the engine and FastFab said they recommend upgrading the to oil pump gears before tuning or something like that

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
So then this means the GT500 and GT350 have the same oil pumps? Since the GT350s have the billet pump? I thought billet is the strongest material.

This is a bit weird because I remember there was a discussion a while ago about upgrading the engine and FastFab said they recommend upgrading the to oil pump gears before tuning or something like that
FastFab or any tuners have upgraded oil pump as part of they boosted installation.
I've sent email to FP parts(spoke with Steve from FP) and waiting for they response regarding oil pump. I'll post the answer here when I'll get it.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

That is not what the article says . it References the later year Alluminators coming with the billet OPG because the earlier ones did not .

The pump is the same in All the years of the GT 350 and still come with powder forged gears.

The GT 500 pump is different from the GT 350 pump .
it’s specific for use with the GT 500 pan and will not work with the GT 350 pan .

The OPG are better / bigger(and not interchangeable in a GT 350 pump ) but still not blllet.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Received response from FP regarding oil pump. Turns out that all 15-20 GT350s have the same oil pump. Below is the response from FP:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Response from Engineer:

GT350 has a steel drive gear, GT500 has cast gears

GT500 is higher volume output

Also the GT350 has a Road Race type oil pump pickup, and the GT500 had more of a conventional bolt on pickup Tube.

Parts#:

GR3Z-6600-A is all GT350 Oil Pumps
GR3Z-6675-C is all GT350 oil pan

Regards,
Steve Horn
Technical Support Group
(800) 367-3788
Sponsored