Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Remember when the predictions of 60,000 deaths in the US by August 1st was called ridiculous? Look at us now.
My friends at Google have been told they will not be coming back to their office until July 2021 now.
Selfish stupidity reigns supreme
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Remember when the predictions of 60,000 deaths in the US by August 1st was called ridiculous? Look at us now.
My friends at Google have been told they will not be coming back to their office until July 2021 now.
I just heard from a friend and former co-worker that my old company has just decided to keep their offices in East Philly closed until the end of the year.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The media strikes again. ANYTHING to hurt Trump.
DeSantis is doing a good job, remaining power in possession of the people while strongly encouraging common sense. On another note,
Wonder why Republican run states aren't having all the rioting issues.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
No, but I remember when the prediction of 2 million dead by the election was called ridiculous....and still is looking that way.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Always have the deflector shields at 100%. Sweet
What deflection. I pointedly answered your 60K prediction question.

No one thought this Covid-19 infection would be less than a terrible flu season which usually around 100K.

Most people hoped it would be better but knew it would most likely be worse.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Did you just make this up? Most of these are just BS.
No, actually I read the article of a conservative news site, I tried to find link but it was from a couple of days ago, no luck. But it was on the net so it's got to be true. Right.

But looking for link I did found out one thing, most everything on that list has been mention in all the different state democratic partys draft for the 2020 convention.
On my list numbers 3 4 5 8 10 11 14 16 18 19 20 23 we're not mention entirely but I have heard many a Democrats politician speak in favor.

So I don't see any of these of being really far left from the democratic party. But until the convention we won't know.

Since you are the resident Democrats hear on this forum, and you are a rational person, maybe you could clear this up. Of all the goals I listed which ones to you believe should be the platform of the democratic party. If you don't care to answer I understand.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
No, actually I read the article of a conservative news site, I tried to find link but it was from a couple of days ago, no luck. But it was on the net so it's got to be true. Right.

But looking for link I did found out one thing, most everything on that list has been mention in all the different state democratic party's draft for the 2020 convention.
On my list numbers 3 4 5 8 10 11 14 16 18 19 20 23 we're not mention entirely but I have heard many a Democrats politician speak in favor.

So I don't see any of these of being really far left from the democratic party. But until the convention we won't know.

Since you are the resident Democrats hear on this forum, and you are a rational person, maybe you could clear this up. Of all the goals I listed which ones to you believe should be the platform of the democratic party. If you don't care to answer I understand.
LOL....You are absolutely correct, if it it on the internet it has to be true!!! I do not know about the Democratic platform but here is what I believe and think should be on anyone's platform. Of course if they both did this there wouldn't be any need for two parties, right?

1. Agree the USA has systematical racism - Unfortunately yes.
2. Rejoin the Paris Climate accord - Yes, we do not exist alone on this planet. We have to work with other nations for our best interests.
3. Declare that " Housing is a right" - That would be a no.
4. Repealing the "Right to work laws" (let's join the union) - This would also be a no.
5. "Card Check" yea that got to do with unions too - Not sure what this is.

6. Raise taxes - I'd rather cut spending but try to get a politician to do that. No one wants to raise taxes but we do not want to give up services either, right?
7. Medicare for all - Oh hell no. Do we need to get medical costs under control, yes. But this, no. We could never get it to work.
8. Cutting police force nationwide - Actually cutting the amount of officers, no way. Realigning forces to make them more efficient, yes.
9. Gun Control - I'm a gun owner so I do not believe in having our guns taken away. That said, anything that can be done to keep weapons out of the wrong hands should be, at least, discussed.
10. Prevent arrest at schools - Only if there is a clear and present danger to students, teachers or other school personnel

11. Reparations for slavery - No.
12. Increase federal funding for abortions. Men have to stop telling woman what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Do I like it, no. but it is none of my GD business.
13. " Green Deal" funding - We have issues on this planet that need to be dealt with. I believe that there are parts of the initiative that make sense. There are others that are pure bonkers.
14. Restrictions on polictical speech ( goodbye 1st ammendment) - Need clarification on what "political" speech is. That said I do believe in the 1st, but in 2020 we have to give some consideration about what free speech actually is.
15. Make DC the 51st state - Sure, why not. Doesn't really mean anything to me one way or the other.

16. Stop the construction of border wall, open borders - Two totally different things. Always have been. I do not believe in open borders. Honestly that's political talk. No one is for just letting everyone in. But a "wall" will never work. That's been proven over and over again.
17. Path to citizenship for illegals - Well what choice do we really have. You're not sending millions of people back where they came from. Also citizenship is not an easy thing to get. Give them a chance. If they pass they get it. if they don't.....well they don't.
18. Restrictions on charter schools, take away funding - Not well versed on this topic so I cannot comment.
19. Rejoin the United Nations human rights council. Of course the name is opposite. of what they actually do. - Then fix it. You have to be part of it to change it. We are the most powerful nation on Earth. Let's use that power in a productive manner.
20. Net neutrality, thank goodness we don't have it now during the lock down - I do not think you know what this really is. If you did you would not be against it. It actually protects us from big brother. That said, it's gone and the internet is still here so who knows.

21. End China trade war. - I think the farmers would like to see it stop. I haven't seen any positive results from it. The "trade war" was 100% political. It hasn't helped and it has hurt many.
22. Return to the Obama Iran trade deal - Under the heading of keep your friends close, yes I would. At least we had a seat at the table. Was it perfect, no, of course not. What agreement with an enemy is?
23. Fund the Palestinian terrorist - Once again I do not think any political party would to agree with this. I know I sure don't.

So there you go. Like i said these ultra right wing networks like ONN are every bit as bad as the ultra left ones. They are both BS.

And by the way, I'm not a Democrat. Haven't been one in quite some time. I'll enter my vote for whomever I feel is the best candidate. If that is not possible I'll vote for the one who I believe will do the least damage. Unfortunately, many of my recent votes have gone that way.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
10 4 thanks.
#5. card check is if you are in a union vote, it is not private from officers of union.
So let's see your ballet, ummm, maybe we need to have a little talk about the way you voted.
#14. some say is limiting what you can say to a politician,or about a polictical issue. Sure that would go all the way down to dog catcher. I can see big problems with this.
#15. Democrates want it for the additional senators and congressman. Cause we all know what party DC is
#18. Basically some parents would rather have school choice, my county northwest of you, and the county south of you is terrible, typical let them pass cause they come from a bla bla bla. drugs, no respect etc...
So parents want the ability to send to charter school or home school. Evidently now funds follow student. Democrates don't want the competion because teacher unions don't want the competition. Fill in the blanks from here.
#23 I haven't researched throughly but I believe at one time we were sending money through the back door to the PLO and Obama or Trump stopped because it got into mainstream. But heck we fund half the evil in this world.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
The media strikes again. ANYTHING to hurt Trump.
DeSantis is doing a good job, remaining power in possession of the people while strongly encouraging common sense. On another note,
Wonder why Republican run states aren't having all the rioting issues.
to be fair, every time Trump opens his mouth he does more damage to himself than anyone else possibly could. Having said that, let us hope the drop in daily reported cases in the US is for real and not a result of slower weekend counting.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Companies are starting to realize the saving that could be had from closing and downsizing offices. I expect this to turn into a trend.
I think it might be a combo of both savings and the recent uptick in cases around the country. That and fear... mainly from being sued. Until or if legislation is passed that helps protect employers from being sued for negligence due to C19, I think a lot of (large) employers will hold back the reigns.

A lot of large organizations lease office space. So they are stuck with the payment unless they are able to settle with the landlord. I think a lot of savings is coming from layoffs/furloughs and cutting of non-essential travel/benefits/bonuses/promotions/etc.

My firm announced today that they are pushing back the Sept. 7th date but won't announce the details until about mid-August. And as you said, we're going to hear more and more start to do the same I think.

Last edited:

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
to be fair, every time Trump opens his mouth he does more damage to himself than anyone else possibly could. Having said that, let us hope the drop in daily reported cases in the US is for real and not a result of slower weekend counting.
I'm seeing more and more chatter in the MSM that Biden should refuse debating Trump because "He lies so much". Lies, half-truths, and out of context claims have been the foundation of politics in the US for a long time now. I don't understand what Biden (or his supporters) would be so afraid of. Hell.... IMHO, Trump didn't do so well when he debated Hillary. I think they might be afraid of something else... so it gives the appearance to me that they might be setting the stage due to whatever that may be.

I know Joe can certainly flubber things up, but so can Trump. If they do debate, and I think they absolutely should, I'm going to have the popcorn ready for that. Joe might end up taking a swing at Trump on national TV. He's said before that he'd like to punch that SOB in the face.

I hope you are correct with the case count headed downward. I'm sure there will be another one before to long though unfortunately. Hopefully they aren't as bad as they have been.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
10 4 thanks.

#5. card check is if you are in a union vote, it is not private from officers of union. - Got it. For me that would be a no.
So let's see your ballet, ummm, maybe we need to have a little talk about the way you voted.
#14. some say is limiting what you can say to a politician,or about a polictical issue. Sure that would go all the way down to dog catcher. I can see big problems with this. - Me too. There are libel and slander laws if it goes to far. There should be no limiting under the 1st.
#15. Democrates want it for the additional senators and congressman. Cause we all know what party DC is. - I can certainly see this. How about leaving it up to the voters? Maybe a 50/50 split to start. There is always a way if they try hard enough.
#18. Basically some parents would rather have school choice, my county northwest of you, and the county south of you is terrible, typical let them pass cause they come from a bla bla bla. drugs, no respect etc...
So parents want the ability to send to charter school or home school. Evidently now funds follow student. Democrates don't want the competion because teacher unions don't want the competition. Fill in the blanks from here. - Not hard to do. There should be freedom of choice but I shouldn't have to pay for someone to have these options. Of course you xould try to fix the public schools, but that's just me. :)
#23 I haven't researched throughly but I believe at one time we were sending money through the back door to the PLO and Obama or Trump stopped because it got into mainstream. But heck we fund half the evil in this world. We fund anyone that our government could be helpful to our causes. What happens is when our friends become enemies or we chose between the better of two evils. Nothing is ever as simple as it looks. Very little black and white. Mostly shades of gray.
Sponsored