Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
UV light treatment anyone ?
Maybe that’s why he has not caught it yet .
LOL.
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Trump says he 'disagrees strongly' with decision to reopen Georgia, says 'it's too soon'

This was taken out of context, as are many quotes by media, politicians, etc.

When clicking the link (click-bait is hard to avoid anymore) and reading further...

"I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia,"

Yet the headline reads as if DJT is totally and completely throwing the governor under the bus. This is a small example of the crap the media (of all stripes) spews.

My point being that you literally have to get your news from "both sides" and then draw your own conclusion. And even at that, it can still be difficult to come to a logical conclusion.

And as far as I am aware, this isn't mandated as some folks have mentioned. It is optional. These business do not have to open. If they do open, they have mandated policies they have to follow.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you getting these stats from the same people that were wrong before?

If we have 60K this year (latest guesstimates) as the first year with no anti-bodies or vaccines, how are we possibly going to have an exponential amount the following three years? :facepalm:

That's some CNN logic there.
What on earth do you mean by “if we have 60k this year?”
Who the hell is making that estimate?
The US is at 50k deaths right now and adding roughly 2000 per day.
At the current rate, 60k happens 5 days from now, or, you could say 60k in roughly ONE MONTH, and that’s WITH restrictions in place.
God help you lot if you decide to go back to business as usual anytime soon.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
They put out a press release stating they didn’t think the participants were random. They set up a tent and ask people coming by to get tested. You end up with bias because those stopping would be far more likely to have had, or they have the virus. The test they used was also called into question but they didn’t talk about that.

I check out reddit sometimes. Tons of garbage on there though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/

If your wife had it in January the numbers of infections and deaths would be much much higher. Unchecked this thing has a double rate of 1-3 days. None of the models have shown this.

Also remember most people that are tested think they have it and don’t. In my area it’s about 9%. Those other 91% are most likely still convinced they do.
That hardly debunks the study. There was another by USC and another in NY that are all showing similar results. While they could certainly have some sampling bias, the more and more of these that are done are trending much lower than initial mortality rates. There is all kind of speculation being thrown around about this testing. I'm anxious to see where this goes over the next several weeks.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I just have a feeling if Joe Exotic was President, everything would be OK.
I am 100% sure he won’t be “suggesting “ doctors “look in to “ injecting disinfectant (and yes , I heard him say it ) and UV light as a cure !!

And people worry about “Joe Exotic “ having dementia . Lol
Go look up symptoms of fronto-temporal Dementia .
I don’t have to but grandiose ideas are common.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i'm sure he didn't mean it in the literal sense but jezo you cannot be saying this kind of thing out loud never mind on National TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Will be interesting to see what happens when the individual States open up again, find out one way or another (Sweden being an example of how to do it, South Korea also both never having had a lockdown I believe?)

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
WTF would a Democrat be doing right now at the helm? He/She would be spending tax dollars building task forces finding out why hispanics and blacks and transgenders are getting unfairly more cases of Coronavirus and how it's society's fault and somehow the white middle class should pay for it. All Democrats do is play the race card and pander to communities where almost all their problems are self-inflicted. When you make minimum wage and have 5 kids and there's no father, the kids have little chance of doing much else but repeating the cycle. A lot of people are poor for a reason. Oh wait, that's RACIST (Liberals reaction to anything factual).

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
i'm sure he didn't mean it in the literal sense but jezo you cannot be saying this kind of thing out loud never mind on National TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Will be interesting to see what happens when the individual States open up again, find out one way or another (Sweden being an example of how to do it, South Korea also both never having had a lockdown I believe?)
Here’s a couple of articles detailing some of the measures being taken in S.Korea.
No lockdown as such, but they have closed the schools.
Part of the package involves tracking the population via their mobile devices.
Australia is looking at implementing the same idea.
Based on what I see on this forum (different thread), there seems to be a fairly prevalent view that this would constitute a breach of basic rights/freedoms in the US. The problem being, that you either have everyone on board (compliant) or it’s a complete waste of effort. Only takes roughly 1 in 6 people to not take this gig seriously and you’ve wasted your efforts entirely.

The biggest take-away from the S.Korean example is the willingness of the government to keep their people informed and not attempt to downplay the severity of the potential crisis. A fairly stark contrast to some governments.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/public-judgment-south-korea-s-covid-19-response

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/south-korea-covid-19-containment-testing/

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
@Burkey your mobile phone pings all that data to the phone(cell) mast every other minute and I doubt most folks care about that. Or your fitness trackers, constantly pinging your GPS details to the cloud etc. Yes SK is doing it up front and folks are signing up to it because they believe what they are being told, Swine Flu, SARS and MERS have taught them harsh lessons recently. I think some countries are using Bluetooth so it's very limited in range telling you about others you come in contact with but obv the state knows where you are at all times unless you turn on flightmode. I believe in the UK we would also have some if not the same privacy issues but given the choice of a temporary measure written in law versus lockdown in some form for months I know which one i'd choose.

@Nomadic
I actually dont care democrat / republican in this arguement do you know why? Your President (born from immigration from my country btw), the leader of the most powerful nation on earth just showed the smarts of a 1 year old brick. On international TV. Good luck with that. 50k dead, thats not great either. 26million+ unemployed, that's beyond words too.

Not that you care but in the UK the stats for deaths in the NHS (Health Service) are something like 17% employed are from an ethnic background but their death rate in said same NHS is 72%! That's just not right. Either they are all employed in the absolute hands on first line health support and have no PPE or something is making them more susceptible to catching a fatal case of this virus. Either way something is wholly different and while now is not the time to spend debating how, we (NHS UK) need to protect them more and make sure no one is left unprotected while helping the sick.

Other than that, it's your country do what you like and you will live with the consequences.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
WTF would a Democrat be doing right now at the helm? He/She would be spending tax dollars building task forces finding out why hispanics and blacks and transgenders are getting unfairly more cases of Coronavirus and how it's society's fault and somehow the white middle class should pay for it. All Democrats do is play the race card and pander to communities where almost all their problems are self-inflicted. When you make minimum wage and have 5 kids and there's no father, the kids have little chance of doing much else but repeating the cycle. A lot of people are poor for a reason. Oh wait, that's RACIST (Liberals reaction to anything factual).
Sir, we have a Republican President. We've already got enough going on with said President suggesting we inject disinfectant into our body and take unproven and extremely deadly drugs to treat covid19, no need to make any more baseless assumptions.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Trump was playing golf, holding rallies, claiming he wasn't concerned or responsible all throughout Jan, Feb, and the first half of March. Now he's saying he's going to let states go bankrupt to what end?
And the Dems were 24/7 busy trying to impeach the president with BS garbage, and urging the public to visit Chinatown.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And the Dems were 24/7 busy trying to impeach the president with BS garbage, and urging the public to visit Chinatown.
Why do we keep regurgitating the past over and over? Both sides, all sides, made some serious mistakes from the get go. It’s now the end of April. Time to move on.

Now everyone go into the sunshine and drink some Lysol :cwl::crackup: