Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The new study, of which the abstract was released today, was performed at IHU Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France. A cohort of 1061 COVID-19 patients, treated for at least 3 days with the Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin (HCQ-AZ) combination and a follow-up of at least 9 days was investigated.

Key findings are:

• No cardiac toxicity was observed.
  • A good clinical outcome and virological cure was obtained in 973 patients within 10 days (91.7%).
A poor outcome was observed for 46 patients (4.3%); 10 were transferred to intensive care units, 5 patients died (0.47%) (74-95 years old) and 31 required 10 days of hospitalization or more.

The authors conclude that:

“The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, is a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5%, in elderly patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagiosity in most cases.”

http://covexit.com/professor-didier...chloroquine-treatment-study-on-1061-patients/
Only 1/3rd of the infected patients met their inclusion criteria, but they don't mention the criteria. Also, the mortality rate of patients with no pre-existing conditions is thought to be around .9%. I can't find data for an age range to make a comparison to those who passed away in this study. But this "study" is incomplete.

Trump retweeted a firefauci message. What a great idea, typical for a great leader right?
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
How is remote voting a joke when it's either that or not being able to vote at all?
Isn't voting in general a joke? I can only share my experience. I'm not a political person nor do I care to fully understand how this is all supposed to work. Say what you will about me but I believe it's a waste of energy and our current system is mostly a false sense of democracy. I believe you can give any of us the resources Trump had in 2016 and we all could have been President. My wife dragged me to caucus after caucus in 2016 and at least locally I had a feel for 1 clear favorite. But then the electoral vote went the other way so the people really didn't matter. Maybe I was/am butthurt my guy didn't win but really, I believe the winner bought it. Like many things I've experienced first hand, I believe our voting system is just as viable as a cheap concrete "shelter" to protect you from incoming rocket/mortar attacks. False sense of security that many would run to when the warning sirens would go off. Having seen one that was hit, there was no way I was running to that trash. So what's there to do? Wait till the majority decide it's time to stop fighting amongst ourselves and go after the real problem, it's like a real life hunger games. As usual, I'll end my post by saying these are the ramblings of someone who really doesn't matter in any part of the grand scheme of things. Mainly posting because I feel like typing my thoughts.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Isn't voting in general a joke? I can only share my experience. I'm not a political person nor do I care to fully understand how this is all supposed to work. Say what you will about me but I believe it's a waste of energy and our current system is mostly a false sense of democracy. I believe you can give any of us the resources Trump had in 2016 and we all could have been President. My wife dragged me to caucus after caucus in 2016 and at least locally I had a feel for 1 clear favorite. But then the electoral vote went the other way so the people really didn't matter. Maybe I was/am butthurt my guy didn't win but really, I believe the winner bought it. Like many things I've experienced first hand, I believe our voting system is just as viable as a cheap concrete "shelter" to protect you from incoming rocket/mortar attacks. False sense of security that many would run to when the warning sirens would go off. Having seen one that was hit, there was no way I was running to that trash. So what's there to do? Wait till the majority decide it's time to stop fighting amongst ourselves and go after the real problem, it's like a real life hunger games. As usual, I'll end my post by saying these are the ramblings of someone who really doesn't matter in any part of the grand scheme of things. Mainly posting because I feel like typing my thoughts.
Let the D's get control of both houses and the presidency and you will find out in a hurry how much voting matters.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/us/politics/campaign-spending-donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Let the D's get control of both houses and the presidency and you will find out in a hurry how much voting matters.
But why does it have to be one side or the other? Why can't we actually get someone or a group of people that are just right for the job? I feel like as a country, we're taking our mustang in for maintenance and our only choices are an art studio or a water treatment center. Neither of witch can get the job done remotely right. And didn't one of our founding fathers always say going to a 2 party system would be the worst thing for our country? I guess I just don't understand why we fight about this side or that side when we're supposed be one team. Of course, I know all of us getting along will break the matrix sooooo...

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Don't listen to the die-hard Trump supporters they're way more into voter fraud conspiracy theories and suppressing voters by closing down voting centers, doing away with voting by mail, etc.

Think of voting like herd immunity. You as an individual could choose not to vote, and you'd probably be okay, but the more people that choose not to, the damage spreads. Then any damage done is completely out of your control, and anything you could do to stop it is most likely too late.

The impact of your vote stretches far beyond the decision of a particular race, votes translate into money from fundraisers, they translate into media credibility, they translate into leverage when it comes to new legislation or policy changes, they translate into influence in upcoming elections too, and more. Votes are more than a way to decide a contest, they are information that continues to affect the political process long after the election is over, ask any republican that gerrymanders or attempts to enforce laws and regulations making it harder for more people to vote.

Edit: "If did not vote had been a candidate in the 2016 presidential election, it would have won by a landslide."

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But why does it have to be one side or the other? Why can't we actually get someone or a group of people that are just right for the job? I feel like as a country, we're taking our mustang in for maintenance and our only choices are an art studio or a water treatment center. Neither of witch can get the job done remotely right. And didn't one of our founding fathers always say going to a 2 party system would be the worst thing for our country? I guess I just don't understand why we fight about this side or that side when we're supposed be one team. Of course, I know all of us getting along will break the matrix sooooo...
I actually used to feel exactly as you say.
When I was young and naive. Sorry that reality has to disappoint people so badly.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I actually used to feel exactly as you say.
When I was young and naive. Sorry that reality has to disappoint people so badly.
Just seems like the "better way" will never come on our present course. But there are too many forces slapping our hands away when we reach for the wheel. And more frustratingly, it's our other hand often making it harder to simply reach!

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Because both parties are extremely ideologically focused and are basically in the pocket of big business. Also, why the last 3 elections and like 5 of the last 7 presidents have run on the idea of being outside the 'establishment.' Getting rid of citizens united would go a long way in helping this.

Edit: Also the repeal of the fairness act and the telecommunications act opened the door for partisan, hyperpolarizing "news" stations to pass off opinion and social agenda as fact and truth. The hyperpolarization because reflected in society and the culture, which became reflected in the lawmakers and representatives.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Don't listen to the die-hard Trump supporters they're way more into voter fraud conspiracy theories and suppressing voters by closing down voting centers, doing away with voting by mail, etc.

Think of voting like herd immunity. You as an individual could choose not to vote, and you'd probably be okay, but the more people that choose not to, the damage spreads. Then any damage done is completely out of your control, and anything you could do to stop it is most likely too late.

The impact of your vote stretches far beyond the decision of a particular race, votes translate into money from fundraisers, they translate into media credibility, they translate into leverage when it comes to new legislation or policy changes, they translate into influence in upcoming elections too, and more. Votes are more than a way to decide a contest, they are information that continues to affect the political process long after the election is over, ask any republican that gerrymanders or attempts to enforce laws and regulations making it harder for more people to vote.

Edit: "If did not vote had been a candidate in the 2016 presidential election, it would have won by a landslide."
First, I think NOT listening to everyone is plain foolish. Yet of course it can be overly tiring, I mean, I've read every post on the thread lol.

I refused to vote till the 2016 election when my wife got out of the army and was all about politics. When she got out, things changed in her so it's my job to keep the balance. She's all about Bernie and tries to be a feminist sometimes. I'm the gentle wall that keeps her from going too deep into that feminist pool but there are times...As far as Bernie goes, in 2016 he had my vote, in 2020 he wouldn't if he was still running. I liked Yang for the simple fact that no matter how bad he could have been, the UBI would have been nice at least short term. And he seemed more for us working cogs that the others. Currently I really don't know, I honestly don't even know what the options are right now. I know I like my job with the army so that means republican right? I know I want to vote as hopeless as I think it may be.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because both parties are extremely ideologically focused and are basically in the pocket of big business. Also, why the last 3 elections and like 5 of the last 7 presidents have run on the idea of being outside the 'establishment.' Getting rid of citizens united would go a long way in helping this.

Edit: Also the repeal of the fairness act and the telecommunications act opened the door for partisan, hyperpolarizing "news" stations to pass off opinion and social agenda as fact and truth. The hyperpolarization because reflected in society and the culture, which became reflected in the lawmakers and representatives.
Believe it or not, I mostly agree with you.
The only thing that I would add, is that the Democrats have made it more difficult because they have fundamentally shifted to the left more so than ever. That makes it all the more difficult to come meet in the middle. I'd also add that it would be great IF everyone just accepted Trump as president whether they like him as a person on not, and voted for whats for the good of the country regardless of political affiliation, but that seems impossible with today's democratic party.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's not about conspiracy at all. It's all about making sure real citizens are voting.
That's something I can't understand. WHY wouldn't anyone not want us to be sure only eligible people vote?
It's the most sacred privilege we have. Don't we have a duty to protect it?
It's not about restrictions. It's about accountability. Every who is eligible to vote absolutely should.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
It's not about conspiracy at all. It's all about making sure real citizens are voting.
That's something I can't understand. WHY wouldn't anyone not want us to be sure only eligible people vote?
It's the most sacred privilege we have. Don't we have a duty to protect it?
It's not about restrictions. It's about accountability. Every who is eligible to vote absolutely should.
Yeah, protect it. As in make sure people can vote. Refusing to make it a national holiday, limiting mail voting, limiting polling places, limiting accessibility to vote; those are what are taking away the privilege to vote.

Doing so under the guise of trying to eliminate illegals voting or tampering, without providing proof of it occuring, is a scummy tactic.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Believe it or not, I mostly agree with you.
The only thing that I would add, is that the Democrats have made it more difficult because they have fundamentally shifted to the left more so than ever. That makes it all the more difficult to come meet in the middle. I'd also add that it would be great IF everyone just accepted Trump as president whether they like him as a person on not and voted for whats good for us as a country and forget about party loyalty altogether but it seems impossible.
How have they shifted more to the left? The democrats are notoriously centrist and the US is notoriously more right-leaning than any other democracy, literally ask any other developed democracy.

Let me fill you in on some political history.

Politics have gotten progressively worse since the repeal of the fairness and telecommunications acts. It began during the Clinton presidency when Newt Gingrich was the speaker. Clinton purses a strategy called triangulation, which effectively moves the democrats into the solid middle and was very pro-business, and the republican's use of social issues wasn't turning the tide of democratic victory.

So Gingrich, working with a political adviser named frank lutz, formed a counter strat that relied on demonizing democrats and turning liberal into a swear word. Essentially Gingrich decided that the right had lost the debate on facts, but could still win by fanning the flames of partisanship and provoking political acrimony.

The right largely stopped arguing with the left, preferring to write off anyone to the left of them as evil. When Clinton left office and Bush won, the left repaid the right in spades, subjecting the right to massing absurdity.

Things continue to get worse, neither side is willing to consider the other side as human beings with legitimate viewpoints, nor to make any attempt to understand the other side. And this just gets worse and worse as the right continue this same strategy brushing off facts and deflecting any and all criticism.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think polls on this forum work better than voting for our President.
Sponsored