Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Because he's Donald Trump. He can be wrong...although he won't admit it when he is.
A man who doesn't admit his failures or wrongdoings is not a man. I'm willing to bet an elder in your family told you this as a child. I know my father did. I was taught morals and ethics. Fred never taught Donald anything but greed.

Trump does it because he is a..........Narcissist.
Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's idealised self image and attributes. This includes self-flattery, perfectionism, and arrogance. The term originated from Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.

That's what business people do.
That is not true. Sam Walton did not do this. Mark Cuban does not do this. Neither does Warren Buffett or Bill Gates (I have met three of the four). I was in the business world for many years and had the honor to meet numerous corporate executives both here in the United States and overseas. They were hardly all saints, but honestly i can only think of a handful that rose to Trump's level. And none of them every became our president.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
A man who doesn't admit his failures or wrongdoings is not a man. I'm willing to bet an elder in your family told you this as a child. I know my father did. I was taught morals and ethics. Fred never taught Donald anything but greed.

Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's idealised self image and attributes. This includes self-flattery, perfectionism, and arrogance. The term originated from Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.

That is not true. Sam Walton did not do this. Mark Cuban does not do this. Neither does Warren Buffett or Bill Gates (I have met three of the four). I was in the business world for many years and had the honor to meet numerous corporate executives both here in the United States and overseas. They were hardly all saints, but honestly i can only think of a handful that rose to Trump's level. And none of them every became our president.
I'm sure with your business experience you've met plenty of type A personalities.
I've met some like Trump with far, far, less successful businesses. It actually made It kind of kind of sad for the individual, but also painful to deal with for those involved.
All the editorial arguments against Trumps demeanor I find frankly unsurprising and are what they are. The man is getting results and it would be logically unreasonable that 50% of the country can be that wrong.
I can feel pretty assured that the other 50% is at least 80% driven by dislike of the man regardless of whatever he does, and that's fine.

The rest is simply editorial noise.

Last edited:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

At GM I spent a lot of time around Bob Lutz. My favorite Lutz quote is “I’m often wrong, but never in doubt”. His way of saying he will make the best decision he can with the information he has, and he will push hard to make it happen. But when he’s wrong, he’ll admit it. I’ve seen him operate on both sides of that coin.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I find the use of the word "wrong" interesting it does not seem to exist in Trump's dictionary. Part of the middle's problem with Trump is his inability to admit failure of any kind. To even admit he is wrong, for anything. I'm wrong, you're wrong, Timeless is wrong. watisthis is wrong. newmoon is wrong. Weather Man is wrong (OK maybe not him :)). Everyone is wrong at one time of another. Donald J. Trump is never wrong. Why is that?

Men in power do not typically admit to mistakes as it can be viewed as a sign of weakness. Everyone knows this. Just google it if you disagree.

Typically mistakes are admitted to after leaving the White house or in a book deal after leaving.

I know it is yet another opportunity to say orange man bad but yet again you fail.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Men in power do not typically admit to mistakes as it can be viewed as a sign of weakness. Everyone knows this. Just google it if you disagree.

Typically mistakes are admitted to after leaving the White house or in a book deal after leaving.

I know it is yet another opportunity to say orange man bad but yet again you fail.
Men in power do not typically insult the media, fuel conspiracy theories and hate, make fun of the handicapped, disrespect a gold star family, bankrupt a handful of businesses, fire dozens of their highest-ranking employees and then insult them over and over again, etc, etc, etc.

Also, I do remember a few presidents who admitted their mistakes while in office. Obama during the koran burnings, Bush jr, and the koran targeting practice, Reagan and Iran, Bush sr. and his taxes pledge, Kennedy and the bay of pigs, and Carter. Once again you fail to realize what good leadership is.

Edit: President Kennedy: "Further statements, detailed discussions, are not to conceal responsibility because I'm the responsible officer of the gov't" He was more beloved after giving an apology and taking responsibility, its called integrity and respect.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Men in power do not typically insult the media, fuel conspiracy theories and hate, make fun of the handicapped, disrespect a gold star family, bankrupt a handful of businesses, fire dozens of their highest-ranking employees and then insult them over and over again, etc, etc, etc.

Also, I do remember a few presidents who admitted their mistakes while in office. Obama during the koran burnings, Bush jr, and the koran targeting practice, Reagan and Iran, Bush sr. and his taxes pledge, Kennedy and the bay of pigs, and Carter. Once again you fail to realize what good leadership is.

Edit: President Kennedy: "Further statements, detailed discussions, are not to conceal responsibility because I'm the responsible officer of the gov't" He was more beloved after giving an apology and taking responsibility, its called respect.
You know we are wasting our time discussing this.
48E0DE31-F7AE-42C0-9499-F2BD48BBD264.jpeg
B33448DB-A0CB-4350-A262-6042DA2A26E3.jpeg

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

Never admitting mistakes or taking responsibility for problems under your supervision yet taking any and all credit for things that turn out well is called being a shit leader. I.e. Trump.

It's amusing how, with any problem under Trump's presidency (of which there have been many), his zealots follow the same path. Deny it's real (Title of the thread), then say it isn't as bad as everyone says ("it's just the flu!"), Defend the almighty leader ("he did the best he could!"), deflect and attack the opposition (attacking Cuomo), then whataboutism. This goes from the typical troglodyte follower to members of his white house.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never admitting mistakes or taking responsibility for problems under your supervision yet taking any and all credit for things that turn out well is called being a shit leader. I.e. Trump.

It's amusing how, with any problem under Trump's presidency (of which there have been many), his zealots follow the same path. Deny it's real (Title of the thread), then say it isn't as bad as everyone says ("it's just the flu!"), Defend the almighty leader ("he did the best he could!"), deflect and attack the opposition (attacking Cuomo), then whataboutism. This goes from the typical troglodyte follower to members of his white house.
You realize each side says the same about the other? Is almost like we are a country divided?

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You realize each side says the same about the other? Is almost like we are a country divided?

Its almost as if one side doesn't take things seriously and is in denial while the other is left trying to figure out how the hell we're going to persuade the ignorant to do the right thing.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I wonder why that is? Things had been steadily getting worse for years, however it was accelerated during the 2016 election. Surely it couldn't be for a President who allows racists to feel emboldened. (Unite the right rallying) Surely not for the blatant nepotism happening (Kushner), and unqualified people being elected to high positions of power due to favors (take your pick). The multiple firings of AGs as it keeps coming back to investigations of corruption.

Or maybe it's the hypocrisy. After listening for years upon years of anger about Benghazi, will there be multiple investigations into the mishandling of coronavirus by this administration? Like it or not, the shit is seeping out of the cracks from the government whether it be officials performing insider trading after learning how bad this will be, or the president being briefed on the likely $3.5 trillion dollar bill this could end up being and instead of imposing immediate actions to help reduce the pandemic, he points fingers. Calling this a hoax. Attempting to strip down experts who are trying to warn about this. There's being terrible at your job, and there's dangerous neglect/sabotage. After learning about the redirection of medical supplies and the infamous statement by Kushner of "our supplies" I think it's obvious which is more accurate.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder why that is? Things had been steadily getting worse for years, however it was accelerated during the 2016 election. Surely it couldn't be for a President who allows racists to feel emboldened. (Unite the right rallying) Surely not for the blatant nepotism happening (Kushner), and unqualified people being elected to high positions of power due to favors (take your pick). The multiple firings of AGs as it keeps coming back to investigations of corruption.

Or maybe it's the hypocrisy. After listening for years upon years of anger about Benghazi, will there be multiple investigations into the mishandling of coronavirus by this administration? Like it or not, the shit is seeping out of the cracks from the government whether it be officials performing insider trading after learning how bad this will be, or the president being briefed on the likely $3.5 trillion dollar bill this could end up being and instead of imposing immediate actions to help reduce the pandemic, he points fingers. Calling this a hoax. Attempting to strip down experts who are trying to warn about this. There's being terrible at your job, and there's dangerous neglect/sabotage. After learning about the redirection of medical supplies and the infamous statement by Kushner of "our supplies" I think it's obvious which is more accurate.
Pretty sure the previous administration added the gasoline...which is ironic as it should have proven to anyone with a brain that any race can be anything if they try hard enough and are at the right place at the right time.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Pretty sure the previous administration added the gasoline...which is ironic as it should have proven to anyone with a brain that any race can be anything if they try hard enough and are at the right place at the right time.
Lmao yes, the administration which tried to prevent such things as coronavirus is to blame for the shit we're in.

If pointing out realities that racism is still relevant in this country is throwing gasoline onto an issue, maybe you need to realize they're throwing gasoline onto trash which should be burned up.

Sure, there are problems in minority groups and cultures. The previous administration tried to help resolve many of those problems too, but definitely there was room for improvement. But they still tried. This administration's only claim to helping minorities is to create a business culture which creates a ton of part time minimum wage jobs, and claim since the unemployment is lower that means they're helping.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
The new study, of which the abstract was released today, was performed at IHU Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France. A cohort of 1061 COVID-19 patients, treated for at least 3 days with the Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin (HCQ-AZ) combination and a follow-up of at least 9 days was investigated.

Key findings are:

• No cardiac toxicity was observed.
  • A good clinical outcome and virological cure was obtained in 973 patients within 10 days (91.7%).
A poor outcome was observed for 46 patients (4.3%); 10 were transferred to intensive care units, 5 patients died (0.47%) (74-95 years old) and 31 required 10 days of hospitalization or more.

The authors conclude that:

“The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, is a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5%, in elderly patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagiosity in most cases.”

http://covexit.com/professor-didier...chloroquine-treatment-study-on-1061-patients/

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Who had the dry cough cold back in Jan? I thought is was a strange cold when I had it.

Though California recorded its first case of coronavirus in late January, one Santa Clara physician and government leader says that the virus was likely “freewheeling” through the Sunshine State months before anyone took notice.

Dr. Jeff Smith, a physician and executive officer in the Santa Clara County government, told the Los Angeles Times on Saturday that the Covid-19 coronavirus “was freewheeling in our community and probably has been here for quite some time” before officials took notice in late January.

Based on data from local and federal agencies, Smith told the paper that the coronavirus was active for “a lot longer than we first believed,” probably since “back in December.”
Sponsored