Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well, things just got real for this guy.....

My employer has seen business drop to less than 50% of normal this month due to the crud so to stem the bleeding and batten down the hatches, us essential folks are taking a substantial pay cut and are to work from home as much as possible. I'll survive, but all thoughts of any car upgrading are out the window....assuming things don't get even worse.

To top it off, the first case of confirmed Covid-19 in town was announced today.
Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
It’ll be higher the 50% and 1% mortality.

horrible choice.. let a ton of people die without attempting to help as much as possible or a guaranteed recession approaching a real depression. How’s that for morbid?!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It’ll be higher the 50% and 1% mortality.

horrible choice.. let a ton of people die without attempting to help as much as possible or a guaranteed recession approaching a real depression. How’s that for morbid?!
So true. Where is Captain Kirk (Kobayashi Maru) when we need him?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Trump should be in prison for his horrible bias of not renting to minorities in regards to his tenant buildings in New Jersey, he was facing many years in prison but of course used his lawyers and money to buy his way out.

And then the one major reason American is now in the mess that it is in with regards to the virus pandemic, is that along with everything else of Obama's administration that he got rid of out of petty jealously was the Pandemic task force that was sit up by Obama after the Ebola scare, experts say this is the number one reason why we were so unprepared for this now.

TC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Only thing worse than TDS is TCS(Trump cult syndrome )
.... and I have too much time on my hands as one of the free standing psychiatric Hospital where I see patients is now closed to all admissions and discharges due to a suspected case of COVID 19 (not confirmed ).
Don’t asks me the rationale (not my decision) but going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Are you a hospitalist or self-employed?

Sponsored

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
You guys are such drama queens on this. Your TDS is strong.

Obviously to anyone with a reasonable mind they know that if the economy goes into something that is bad enough people will lose their lives in many different ways as a result. And the number that lose their lives will be more than from the virus itself.

Thus the cure (crashing the world economies, staying home indefinitely, etc) could be worse than the problem.

This President whether you like him or not is more than likely smarter, richer, more successful than anyone on this forum. He also has access to advisers that are the top of their field.

These are the people whether we like it or not that are going to make the decisions that determine the next 10 months of this country.

Don't like it? Go vote and get someone else you like better to take over next January.
It's really sad to see an opinion like this, although I respect it, but :

I don't suppose you'd have the same opinion if you let someone you love die or yourself

I reserve my opinion on your president, since he has been Âżdemocratically? elected. His advisors are probably much smarter than he is, but he has the last word.

It can't be a coincidence that the only two presidents in the world who don't want to take action are Donald and Boris,Ah no, wait, Boris is going to do something

Anyway, I respect your opinion although I do not disagree at all, I hope you do not get to see something like what is happening here in Madrid, where the funeral services are no longer able to bury all the dead and have had to enable an ice-skating rink as a temporary morgue.

If someone in our family gets sick and is old, they are taken to the hospital, admitted to the intensive care unit and cannot receive any visitors, they die alone and you cannot go to their cremation.

I think it's sad enough to put the economy first

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
No matter what Trump decides to do with his “we are open for business” mantra, the States will continue to rule. The shut downs will continue and he can’t do shit about it.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Are you a hospitalist or self-employed?
I am an employed full time “hospitalist” at one facility but an independent contractor (flat rate ) at the facility that stopped admissions/discharges ...temporarily (they lifted the hold already).
It makes no difference to me if they admit or don’t allow discharges .... just a little less work .
Lol.

Now , if they start losing money I am sure they will want to renegotiate my contract . No big deal as it’s a “side gig “ and I am stretched thin enough as it is ...
Lots of offers springing up to do “Tele” work but don’t have the time to fit it in .

I know I am lucky (and very grateful) I have a somewhat “safe” and “essential” job during this crisis .

My heart goes out to those who are less fortunate.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Obviously even prior to this crisis we always took precautions to decrease the risk of spreading “generic “ germs (and bringing it home ).
We all just do it a little bit more now .
Lol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I am an employed full time “hospitalist” at one facility but an independent contractor (flat rate ) at the facility that stopped admissions/discharges ...temporarily (they lifted the hold already).
It makes no difference to me if they admit or don’t allow discharges .... just a little less work .
Lol.

Now , if they start losing money I am sure they will want to renegotiate my contract . No big deal as it’s a “side gig “ and I am stretched thin enough as it is ...
Lots of offers springing up to do “Tele” work but don’t have the time to fit it in .

I know I am lucky (and very grateful) I have a somewhat “safe” and “essential” job during this crisis .

My heart goes out to those who are less fortunate.
Thanks for responding and be well. I was a hospitalist with a 3 year contract from 2002 to 2005. Yes, I have concerns for those who have lack of healthcare access. One of the hospitals in the North Alabama region closed their inpatient unit due to lack of profitability over a year ago. The 2 remaining hospitals are always claiming that they are at “full capacity.” Therefore, it is problematic for the unfortunate who are needing inpatient crisis stabilization. My concern for this area and in relation to the Covid-19 crisis is that if the clinics close then the patients have very little recourse but to flood the local ER’s or families will overuse 9-1-1 EMS first responder systems unnecessarily. Stay safe.

:like:

Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No matter what Trump decides to do with his “we are open for business” mantra, the States will continue to rule. The shut downs will continue and he can’t do shit about it.
I think that’s what he’s hoping for. Trump wants to be re-elected and his platform is built on the economy. He doesn’t want to die on this hill

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think that’s what he’s hoping for. Trump wants to be re-elected and his platform is built on the economy. He doesn’t want to die on this hill
He just finished up his evening virus update and made it a point to let us know the market was up today. He also spoke about a "beautiful timeline" for ending social distancing and getting back to normal. He seemed so out of it that at times he could not even read his script. Honestly, I'm not sure who is in more danger, all of us or the President.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
So on Easter he rises from the dead? Easter bunny gonna save us? Open up large economic machines like Omaha, Rapid City, Knoxville? What is he going on about? The Big markets like New York, LA, Chicago, etc will not be in any shape to get back at it. He’s lost it.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Easter is a good aiming point. Adjustments can be made if we approach Easter and it appears that more time will be needed, no?

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He just finished up his evening virus update and made it a point to let us know the market was up today. He also spoke about a "beautiful timeline" for ending social distancing and getting back to normal. He seemed so out of it that at times he could not even read his script. Honestly, I'm not sure who is in more danger, all of us or the President.
he’s got to be so stressed. I can’t imagine trying to make some of these decisions. There’s only less wrong ways of handling things at this point.

My personal opinion is that we’ve made it thus far.. let’s see this thru. Try to prolong the largest influx until we have more infrastructure in place (masks/ vents/ Ppe/ hospitals/ etc). The recession is going to happen. Even if we lift all efforts to curb the virus, people won’t be dining out/ traveling/ etc. as numbers of deaths go up, people will try to avoid dying. There no way of just Restarting the economy. People have already maxed out debt between credit cards/ auto loans because of the laxed laws. Too many people have already been laid off.

Living in Vegas kinda gives a expedited example as to what’s coming. Wynn decided to pay all their low level employees and said that cannot do the same for the executives. They offered shares. Might as well be a buy back. They’ll get their bailout as planned this way. The bond market is about to go. The stock market is being propped up by a short term tourniquet
Sponsored