Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
OK, so with a US population of 328 million people, that means 191 million will contract the virus. with a 1% mortality rate the means 16,400 deaths. I guess that's not to bad except if your one of them. :frown:
The reason for all the restrictions is so that we do not all get infected at the same time, which would saturate the health system.
Don't trust the numbers given by governments, apart from the fact that they almost always lie, the percentages depend very much on the number of tests carried out and the way in which the dead are counted.
A person who dies of a coronavirus is not counted if they have not been previously diagnosed
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Check your math - 1% of 191 million is 1,910,000

It looks like you took .1% of 164 million, which is the correct number if you are going with 50% of 328 million, not 191 million. Obviously it should be 1%, So the actually figure is 1,640,000 deaths.
DUH!!! I need a better calculator. Medsport said up to 50% of the population which would be 191M. Of course we are just playing with numbers but 191M deaths is incomprehensible.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Ups and downs both ways. All part of the fun. Starting out sucks but next month I'll be screaming up the hills and down. The challenge of cycling up hills has always been addicting to me. You don't know about climbing hills till you climb one that you can't see the top of for miles. Just hoping to stay healthy while training.
Mark going to work.............

upload_2020-3-24_12-8-46.jpeg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Mark going to work.............

upload_2020-3-24_12-8-46.jpeg
Hahahah! Some of the things people rode here in 2014 were just as crazy as that though. Thought I was a badass climbing Pikes Peak. Then I saw a unicycle and a hand bike. Dude rowed his way all the way up!!! I'm sure when the "Rona" clears up, people will get their crazy riding things back out there. Love this state so much!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The reason for all the restrictions is so that we do not all get infected at the same time, which would saturate the health system.
Don't trust the numbers given by governments, apart from the fact that they almost always lie, the percentages depend very much on the number of tests carried out and the way in which the dead are counted.
A person who dies of a coronavirus is not counted if they have not been previously diagnosed
G-d this is a morbid conversation. But you are correct, unfortunately. Of course we have a President who says out load for the world to hear that "We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem". Can anyone in your government match that?

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
G-d this is a morbid conversation. But you are correct, unfortunately. Of course we have a President who says out load for the world to hear that "We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem". Can anyone in your government match that?
And that "people are dying that haven't ever died before"

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Dumbass picked that quote up from someone else because he can’t develop a thought beyond a two year old. He referenced the thousands that die of car accidents every year. Seriously? Guy needs to get the CV and rely on a ventilator for a few weeks. Maybe then it will register in his Pee sized brain

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
this feels like a nightmare that i cant wake up from. Anything i touch i feel like i have the virus and need to immediately wash my damn hands.
Covid-19 was found to be living on surfaces for 17 days after inspection of that princess cruise ship where a large number of passengers were sickened.

:frown:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Dumbass picked that quote up from someone else because he can’t develop a thought beyond a two year old. He referenced the thousands that die of car accidents every year. Seriously? Guy needs to get the CV and rely on a ventilator for a few weeks. Maybe then it will register in his Pee sized brain
You guys are such drama queens on this. Your TDS is strong.

Obviously to anyone with a reasonable mind they know that if the economy goes into something that is bad enough people will lose their lives in many different ways as a result. And the number that lose their lives will be more than from the virus itself.

Thus the cure (crashing the world economies, staying home indefinitely, etc) could be worse than the problem.

This President whether you like him or not is more than likely smarter, richer, more successful than anyone on this forum. He also has access to advisers that are the top of their field.

These are the people whether we like it or not that are going to make the decisions that determine the next 10 months of this country.

Don't like it? Go vote and get someone else you like better to take over next January.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust

This President whether you like him or not is more than likely smarter, richer, more successful than anyone on this forum.

These are the people whether we like it or not that are going to make the decisions that determine the next 10 months of this country.
Richer and more successful, yes. Smarter? Yeah I don’t think so. It’s clear listening to this dude talk he’s a freaking idiot. Born into money, thus rich and successful. As far as listening to his advisers, let’s hope to God he does because it certainly seems like he’s just making decisions on the fly based on wishful thinking.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Obviously to anyone with a reasonable mind they know that if the economy goes into something that is bad enough people will lose their lives in many different ways as a result. And the number that lose their lives will be more than from the virus itself.
OK, well then that leaves out Trump. :) Of course we know this, but he tied this statement in with the one about backing away from social distancing. Add those two up and if he pulls the plug, thousands could die unnecessarily. Fortunately, I do not believe, the states will not allow this to happen.

He also has access to advisers that are the top of their field.
And he doesn't listen to them. He doesn't listen to anyone unless they are kissing his butt. Dr. Fauci knows more than all of them put together and they are not listening to him. He is either going to be fired or he will quit.

This has nothing to do with TDS so please stop bringing this up. He may be rich (although not as much as you think), successful (on the backs of a lot of working people over the years) and smart (yeah no, even his teachers admit to that) but he is lacking in all aspects of what makes us human. I don't dislike him, I pity him.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

This President whether you like him or not is more than likely smarter, richer, more successful than anyone on this forum.
You're out of your mind. Just remember, he's not fighting for you, you're poor. His racist ideals and affinity for corruption may align with yours, but at the end of the day, he doesn't give a shit about you, so don't act like he's your best friend.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
And that "people are dying that haven't ever died before"
Did he really say that ? My wife told me he did but I thought she was joking .
Very smart guy !
Lol
P.S. looks like that quote was made up .
So he IS definitely smart .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Only thing worse than TDS is TCS(Trump cult syndrome )
.... and I have too much time on my hands as one of the free standing psychiatric Hospital where I see patients is now closed to all admissions and discharges due to a suspected case of COVID 19 (not confirmed ).
Don’t asks me the rationale (not my decision) but going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Sponsored