Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
AS you will see about 1/3 of the way down the page, the highest at risk are those over age 80 which is at 14.8% chance.
I think that group has a pretty high risk of dying of old age too :) Watching the MSM is akin to watching a football game score as the numbers slowly rack up. They are really milking this.

I was in Walmart on the weekend and all of the toilet paper was gone..... I have a new plan I'm just going to eat more cheese & green bananas LOL.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think that group has a pretty high risk of dying of old age too :) Watching the MSM is akin to watching a football game score as the numbers slowly rack up. They are really milking this.
As more people get tested the more cases will be identified, simple math. Even Trump's task force admits to this. As far as the MSM what are they supposed to fill up 24 hours a day with? :giggle: No matter what the topic it's the same thing over and over again. The best thing may be to turn it off.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I see the U.S. of A. will suspend all travel from Europe to the US starting Friday.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I hate to comment on non car related stuff especially politics but as a practicing physician I have to say, calling this pandemic “media fueled BS” is simply irresponsible.

Go ask the congressman who was mockingly wearing a gas mask and is now in “self quarantine” whether he still thinks this was “medial fueled BS”.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but as a practicing physician
Then why aren't they calling the common flu, or the common cold for that matter, a pandemic?
How's this different than the swine flu, H1N1, avian flu, ebola, sars, west nile, etc., etc.?

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Oh shoot . I should not have taken the bait but here goes .
Disclaimer . I am not an epidemiologist , but I trust those who are (at WHO and other US Institutions) who define it as such .
The term from my understanding can be used loosely but in general means a global and sustained spread/ transmission of usually a new (not always )illness .
Ebola , West Nile virus for example did not spread globally.
I can’t recall if the other examples you mentioned did , but if they did and the transmission was sustained then , yes they may also have been referred to as pandemic.
The point is the spread of this virus is as serious as heart attack.
While you (if you are young and healthy ) may be unlikely to get seriously ill if you contract it , a significant portion of the population is at risk .

Dismissing it as left wing conspiracy to “get trump” is simply irresponsible or may be even paranoia(now that I know something about ).

I have said my piece and I am out .Not going to get further embroiled and waste time I don’t have.

Dismiss it a your own peril (or at least at the peril of those at risk you may know and come in contact with )

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Dismissing it as left wing conspiracy to “get trump” is simply irresponsible or may be even paranoia
I never once blamed the left, or right, or said, get Trump.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seemed the media, particularly left leaning media is relying of fear mongering clickbait for ratings. Just curious as to what you guys think.
No ?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Now that’s just cold. How many people have to die to get you to care?
Good question. How many tears have you shed for those that die of cancer? The flu? Pneumonia? Car accidents? Gun violence? The endless conflict in the Middle East? Abortions? suiside? The honest answer is unless they were direct family or very close friends......none. And every thing I mentioned has killed millions of more people. Then this flavor of the week virus. The whole even one life lost is to many line. Is stupid. We’re all going to die of something. And like any other illness. This virus will effect the elderly and small children more harshly than a healthy adult with a working amunity system. 37 lives have been lost to the cornavirus this year in the USA. About 95 people lose their lives each day to motor vehicle accidents. I don’t see anyone shutting down any American highways? Odds are your more likely to die driving to the doctors office. Than of the caronavirous.
upload_2020-3-12_2-56-18.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Unfortunately, the virus is already HERE in this country. It’s most likely been EVERYWHERE globally since it was initially discovered back in December 2019! I mean, helloooooooo.... we’re talking MONTHS of people traveling all over the world....transmitting it or being carriers of it (animals are also carriers of the virus). The ONLY reason we are hearing of pop-up cases in XYZ-locations being reported daily is because of the hype around it being caused by the media.

Sure the virus is to be concerned about, sure there are implications if not using common sense and yes it’s not to be taken lightly - BUT the damage being done by the fear mongering, the wide spread “panic” and “pandemonium” to the point that hand sanitizer, toilet paper, water and who knows what the hell else next essential that people are running out to hoard is just down right ignorant.

Just as @bluebeastsrt outlined above - this virus is no different than any infectious disease of the past. It’s no different than people dying daily of XYZ disease, calamities or genetic health issues. A cure or vaccine will be found and the world wide population will come to ease - but damn, unfortunately at this stage the wide spread financial damage is already done.

Here’s some FACTS, read and be informed:
http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/epidemiology/epidemiology-fact-sheets/coronaviruses/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/general-information.html

https://www.sciencealert.com/coronavirus

Now go get your toilet paper and snuggle

Last edited:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Funny how this virus got all the protesters off the streets of Hong Kong......

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The ONLY reason we are hearing of pop-up cases in XYZ-locations being reported daily is because of the hype around it being caused by the media.
CJ, the reason for hearing about new cases is the increase of the number of people tested. Even the government task force agrees with this. Yes the media is in full blown hype mode but that is because they need something to report on 24/7. Do not let the media hype show overshadow the seriousness of this disease. COVID-19 has the potential to kill millions. It could be the worst pandemic in history. Or it could turn out not to be as serious as we are now being told. Considering our lives could depend on it, I'm think erring on the side of caution would be reasonable response.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
All this "fear mongering" has devastated many peoples stock portfolio and is likely to plunge us into another 2008 like recession that could take a long time to recover from.
Still trying to figure out what is causing this to snowball. Ignorance and social media, maybe.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
All this "fear mongering" has devastated many peoples stock portfolio and is likely to plunge us into another 2008 like recession that could take a long time to recover from.
Still trying to figure out what is causing this to snowball. Ignorance and social media, maybe.
One word, Politics. Our friends in Washington are using a serious disease as a ping pong ball and it's hurting everyone. Boths side are guilty and promoting mis-information. And of course, in this era of 24/7 news and social media every comment gets repeated over and over until it becomes fact.
I do not think this will be another 2008 recession as that was financially based. We will have a vaccine within the next year and during that time hopefully preventative measure will reduce the number of worldwide cases.

What I'm concerned about are the comparisons over diseases over the past 20+ years. Yes the common flu has killed more than COVID-19 yata, yata, yata. So have car accidents, cancer yata, yata, yata.

If the past is so important why not compare COVID-10 to these. What is the Hype is real? What if this isn't Bull Shitt? It goes both ways.

HIV/AIDS PANDEMIC (AT ITS PEAK, 2005-2012)
Death Toll: 36 million
Cause: HIV/AIDS
First identified in Democratic Republic of the Congo in 1976, HIV/AIDS has truly proven itself as a global pandemic, killing more than 36 million people since 1981. Currently there are between 31 and 35 million people living with HIV, the vast majority of those are in Sub-Saharan Africa, where 5% of the population is infected, roughly 21 million people. As awareness has grown, new treatments have been developed that make HIV far more manageable, and many of those infected go on to lead productive lives. Between 2005 and 2012 the annual global deaths from HIV/AIDS dropped from 2.2 million to 1.6 million.

FLU PANDEMIC (1968)
Death Toll: 1 million
Cause: Influenza
A category 2 Flu pandemic sometimes referred to as “the Hong Kong Flu,” the 1968 flu pandemic was caused by the H3N2 strain of the Influenza A virus, a genetic offshoot of the H2N2 subtype. From the first reported case on July 13, 1968 in Hong Kong, it took only 17 days before outbreaks of the virus were reported in Singapore and Vietnam, and within three months had spread to The Philippines, India, Australia, Europe, and the United States. While the 1968 pandemic had a comparatively low mortality rate (.5%) it still resulted in the deaths of more than a million people, including 500,000 residents of Hong Kong, approximately 15% of its population at the time.

ASIAN FLU (1956-1958)
Death Toll: 2 million
Asian Flu was a pandemic outbreak of Influenza A of the H2N2 subtype, that originated in China in 1956 and lasted until 1958. In its two-year spree, Asian Flu traveled from the Chinese province of Guizhou to Singapore, Hong Kong, and the United States. Estimates for the death toll of the Asian Flu vary depending on the source, but the World Health Organization places the final tally at approximately 2 million deaths, 69,800 of those in the US alone.

FLU PANDEMIC (1918)
Death Toll: 20 -50 million
Between 1918 and 1920 a disturbingly deadly outbreak of influenza tore across the globe, infecting over a third of the world’s population and ending the lives of 20 – 50 million people. Of the 500 million people infected in the 1918 pandemic, the mortality rate was estimated at 10% to 20%, with up to 25 million deaths in the first 25 weeks alone. What separated the 1918 flu pandemic from other influenza outbreaks was the victims; where influenza had always previously only killed juveniles and the elderly or already weakened patients, it had begun striking down hardy and completely healthy young adults, while leaving children and those with weaker immune systems still alive.

SIXTH CHOLERA PANDEMIC (1910-1911)
Death Toll: 800,000+
Cause: Cholera
Like its five previous incarnations, the Sixth Cholera Pandemic originated in India where it killed over 800,000, before spreading to the Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe and Russia. The Sixth Cholera Pandemic was also the source of the last American outbreak of Cholera (1910–1911). American health authorities, having learned from the past, quickly sought to isolate the infected, and in the end only 11 deaths occurred in the U.S. By 1923 Cholera cases had been cut down dramatically, although it was still a constant in India.

FLU PANDEMIC (1889-1890)
Originally the “Asiatic Flu” or “Russian Flu” as it was called, this strain was thought to be an outbreak of the Influenza A virus subtype H2N2, though recent discoveries have instead found the cause to be the Influenza A virus subtype H3N8. The first cases were observed in May 1889 in three separate and distant locations, Bukhara in Central Asia (Turkestan), Athabasca in northwestern Canada, and Greenland. Rapid population growth of the 19th century, specifically in urban areas, only helped the flu spread, and before long the outbreak had spread across the globe. Though it was the first true epidemic in the era of bacteriology and much was learned from it. In the end, the 1889-1890 Flu Pandemic claimed the lives of over a million individuals.

THIRD CHOLERA PANDEMIC (1852–1860)
Cause: Cholera
Generally considered the most deadly of the seven cholera pandemics, the third major outbreak of Cholera in the 19th century lasted from 1852 to 1860. Like the first and second pandemics, the Third Cholera Pandemic originated in India, spreading from the Ganges River Delta before tearing through Asia, Europe, North America and Africa and ending the lives of over a million people. British physician John Snow, while working in a poor area of London, tracked cases of cholera and eventually succeeded in identifying contaminated water as the means of transmission for the disease. Unfortunately the same year as his discovery (1854) went down as the worst year of the pandemic, in which 23,000 people died in Great Britain.

THE BLACK DEATH (1346-1353)
Death Toll: 75 – 200 million
Cause: Bubonic Plague
From 1346 to 1353 an outbreak of the Plague ravaged Europe, Africa, and Asia, with an estimated death toll between 75 and 200 million people. Thought to have originated in Asia, the Plague most likely jumped continents via the fleas living on the rats that so frequently lived aboard merchant ships. Ports being major urban centers at the time, were the perfect breeding ground for the rats and fleas, and thus the insidious bacterium flourished, devastating three continents in its wake.

PLAGUE OF JUSTINIAN (541-542)
Death Toll: 25 million
Cause: Bubonic Plague
Thought to have killed perhaps half the population of Europe, the Plague of Justinian was an outbreak of the bubonic plague that afflicted the Byzantine Empire and Mediterranean port cities, killing up to 25 million people in its year long reign of terror. Generally regarded as the first recorded incident of the Bubonic Plague, the Plague of Justinian left its mark on the world, killing up to a quarter of the population of the Eastern Mediterranean and devastating the city of Constantinople, where at its height it was killing an estimated 5,000 people per day and eventually resulting in the deaths of 40% of the city’s population.

ANTONINE PLAGUE (165 AD)
Death Toll: 5 million
Cause: Unknown
Also known as the Plague of Galen, the Antonine Plague was an ancient pandemic that affected Asia Minor, Egypt, Greece, and Italy and is thought to have been either Smallpox or Measles, though the true cause is still unknown. This unknown disease was brought back to Rome by soldiers returning from Mesopotamia around 165AD; unknowingly, they had spread a disease which would end up killing over 5 million people and decimating the Roman army.
Sponsored