Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Seemed the media, particularly left leaning media is relying of fear mongering clickbait for ratings. Just curious as to what you guys think.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Seemed the media, particularly left leaning media is relying of fear mongering clickbait for ratings. Just curious as to what you guys think.

Fear mongering it is at its best...

it’s ridiculous that the public is falling for it and:
Tanking the stock market - yea, go ahead and keep selling off stocks and tanking everyone’s 401k (idiots). Actually it’s market manipulation if you REALLY want to get down to to...

Depleting stores of basics like hand sanitizer, toilet paper or other products that would normally be “in stock”

Not patronizing certain establishments because of the “fear”

Not reporting on FACTS

Reporting every single instance of a COV19 pop-up... when there’s more people with the common cold and flu walking around (that can be passed along to others who are in the same vicinity as you and I)

And

there’s more people dying of various forms of cancer every single day (or insert any other major medical health problem here), but you don’t see those reports or the market tanking or people going bafuckingnutz buying all the chemo off the shelves at pharmaceutical companies...

or
What about all of the people ailing everyday with malfunctioning organs or in need or transplants? You’re taking more people than the flu and COV19 combined - and yet there’s not a damn story about those people or the fact that many are seeking transplants - (added hollwoodism here for effect but you get the point) you certainly don’t see the market tanking or people rushing out to tear apart cadavers or living humans...

It’s totally absurd AND disgusting...

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Actually it’s market manipulation if you REALLY want to get down to to...
That's what I think as well. Some very wealthy people stand to make another boatload of money off all this BS. Anytime the market tanks, stocks get dirt cheap and there are huge gains to be made if you time it right.

On the low end of the scale the influenza virus kills about 290,000 people a year worldwide and up to 640,000. Fear overpowers rationality.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the other thing to think about...

How is it that Italy and China are supposedly the most “infected” - but a population such as India that is so dense in both populous AND their mass transit system - they’re not in the news (unless I missed it)...

Insert conspiracy theories here:

LOL

BRB - now I have to go hoard some toilet paper ... :crackup:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People have more of a chance picking an infectious disease at a stripper club or sitting in the lobby of ANY Doctor Office/Hospital.

—-

And just an FYI dollar bills and coins transfer diseases daily...

And has anyone ever swabbed the back of a door handle on any building - you know, the same one everyone and their snotty, coughing, don’t wash your hands after taking a shit just touched - the same one YOU just touched to enter, the same doors inside that everyone touched and used to exit that same building...

need cash? Guess what, everyone and their snotty, coughing, don’t wash your hands after taking a shit just touched that same ATM machine and fondled every single button YOU just touched to get your own money...

LMFAO - If you weren’t OCD before reading the above, you’ll be OCD now. :devil:

The sky is falling.... over WHAT - fear mongering.

Sponsored

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
I'm buying because of the fear mongering, rates are great (I'm looking at 2.7% for 48 mo)!

That being said, I live in WA and it's crazy to hear the national media call us "the epicenter of the US outbreak". I had a co-worker tell me that this should give the sane people a look into the future if there is ever a true pandemic. All the white collar middle-upper class who are buying up toilet paper and water, what's the next step for them, paid mercenaries to 'obtain' a case of Clorox wipes and surgical masks?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
At COSTCO I literally seen toilet paper getting marked up in price, and as fast as the pallets were coming out, people were buying them up. It was like eff'ing hilarious. Considering there hasn't been one confirmed case in my province. The sheeple are buying what CNN / GLOBAL / CTV is selling, that's for sure. Purell must be making a fortune haha... oh wait, most people are disgusting pigs.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Well lets look back. As I recall and not in a specific order we have had SARS, H1N1, Bird Flu, and Swine Flu that I can recall off the top of my head. And that's just the flu concerns. There has been an anthrax scare, and mad cow disease scare, West Nile scare, an Ebola scare ( I think I spelled that correctly) and a few others I am certain I am missing. Meanwhile....time marches on.

Suits me fine as I suspected a big market correction in the first quarter and rolled 75% of my 401K assets over into bonds in November after achieving an one year growth of 25%. Now its just a matter of when to jump back in and get those basement bargain deals.

At least the media has something aside from politics to spin for a while. LOL!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think the Coronavirus is China's way of getting back at Trump for his trade deals. :cwl::crackup:

On a serious note, just like politics going too far in either direction can be dangerous. Taking it to lightly and you could get infected. Take it to seriously and you're never going to leave your house. Somewhere in the middle is just right. Use common sense and be careful. Just as you would with the flu.

I do think the outbreak is real and it is serious. We really do not know what its real effect is going to be yet. I also believe that we, as a county, are not prepared and that the constant mis-communications within are government are disturbing. Add to that the 24/7 media coverage and it's all giving me an Excedrin headache. I hope Costco has some left.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I think the Coronavirus is China's way of getting back at Trump for his trade deals. :cwl::crackup:
If nothing else it certainly high lights our dependency on China (they control most medications in the world now including antibiotics).

I can only hope this spurs the country to become more independent and bring back even more manufacturing here.

The biggest arrow in President Trump's quiver is the economy, so you know the deep state establishment along with their lackeys (MSM) are going to do their damnedest to nullify it before the election.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The biggest arrow in President Trump's quiver is the economy, so you know the deep state establishment along with their lackeys (MSM) are going to do their damnedest to nullify it before the election.
He's doing a pretty good job all by himself. He is beyond clueless as to what is happening. At least Pence is making a legitimate effort to be presidential about this and letting the experts do the talking. His boss should follow his lead and just shut up.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
We really do not know what its real effect is going to be yet
Sure we know.. coronavirus isn't new. It's been around for a long long time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Sure we know.. coronavirus isn't new. It's been around for a long long time.
Viruses, in general, have been around for a long time. The flu isn’t new either and it still killed 16,000 people in the US this season. This strain is new and with no vaccine in sight has the ability to kill tens of thousands. With this type of potential both sides should keep politics out of it.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
kill tens of thousands
Tens of thousands out of 7.5 billion peeps. Should I shed a tear now? Lemme know if it even gets remotely close to pandemic status as defined by the W.H.O.