Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Questortapes74

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
That's me. I work in a nursing home and the only real precautions we are doing is getting screened when arriving. They are also not allowing visitors, trying to keep residents in their rooms and taking everyone's temp every day.
I feel for you. Managing the patient milieu as you describe can be extremely challenging depending upon the patient population and severity of cognitive impairments (dementia, stroke, etc.). All the best and stay alert.

:like:
Advertisement

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Cycled in to work this morning. 5.5 miles in 25 minutes. I died lol. 15 days ago I was breathing sea level though. 6k higher here in Colorado takes a toll. Wore a full face mask to avoid the cold, dry, dusty air. Gonna be a long 4 months till the possibly cancelled event lol.

The real curiosity I have now is WA going pseudo shelter in place and others likely to follow, will I get sent home? Waiting to see, we're apparently mission essential even though we're just contractors for the army. Really, our days here have been very limited warehouse type work that can wait till this runs it's course but I'm just a guy. Happy to still be employed really.

Rash

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
OK, so with a US population of 328 million people, that means 191 million will contract the virus. with a 1% mortality rate the means 16,400 deaths. I guess that's not to bad except if your one of them. :frown:
Check your math - 1% of 191 million is 1,910,000

It looks like you took .1% of 164 million, which is the correct number if you are going with 50% of 328 million, not 191 million. Obviously it should be 1%, So the actually figure is 1,640,000 deaths.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
utyerfsa.jpg

ManyfordsnoMustang

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I feel for you. Managing the patient milieu as you describe can be extremely challenging depending upon the patient population and severity of cognitive impairments (dementia, stroke, etc.). All the best and stay alert.

:like:
Hopefully the ride home is downhill!

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hopefully the ride home is downhill!
Ups and downs both ways. All part of the fun. Starting out sucks but next month I'll be screaming up the hills and down. The challenge of cycling up hills has always been addicting to me. You don't know about climbing hills till you climb one that you can't see the top of for miles. Just hoping to stay healthy while training.

pacomicro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
OK, so with a US population of 328 million people, that means 191 million will contract the virus. with a 1% mortality rate the means 16,400 deaths. I guess that's not to bad except if your one of them. :frown:
The reason for all the restrictions is so that we do not all get infected at the same time, which would saturate the health system.
Don't trust the numbers given by governments, apart from the fact that they almost always lie, the percentages depend very much on the number of tests carried out and the way in which the dead are counted.
A person who dies of a coronavirus is not counted if they have not been previously diagnosed

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Check your math - 1% of 191 million is 1,910,000

It looks like you took .1% of 164 million, which is the correct number if you are going with 50% of 328 million, not 191 million. Obviously it should be 1%, So the actually figure is 1,640,000 deaths.
DUH!!! I need a better calculator. Medsport said up to 50% of the population which would be 191M. Of course we are just playing with numbers but 191M deaths is incomprehensible.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Ups and downs both ways. All part of the fun. Starting out sucks but next month I'll be screaming up the hills and down. The challenge of cycling up hills has always been addicting to me. You don't know about climbing hills till you climb one that you can't see the top of for miles. Just hoping to stay healthy while training.
Mark going to work.............

upload_2020-3-24_12-8-46.jpeg

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Mark going to work.............

upload_2020-3-24_12-8-46.jpeg
Hahahah! Some of the things people rode here in 2014 were just as crazy as that though. Thought I was a badass climbing Pikes Peak. Then I saw a unicycle and a hand bike. Dude rowed his way all the way up!!! I'm sure when the "Rona" clears up, people will get their crazy riding things back out there. Love this state so much!

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The reason for all the restrictions is so that we do not all get infected at the same time, which would saturate the health system.
Don't trust the numbers given by governments, apart from the fact that they almost always lie, the percentages depend very much on the number of tests carried out and the way in which the dead are counted.
A person who dies of a coronavirus is not counted if they have not been previously diagnosed
G-d this is a morbid conversation. But you are correct, unfortunately. Of course we have a President who says out load for the world to hear that "We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem". Can anyone in your government match that?

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
G-d this is a morbid conversation. But you are correct, unfortunately. Of course we have a President who says out load for the world to hear that "We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem". Can anyone in your government match that?
And that "people are dying that haven't ever died before"

key01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Dumbass picked that quote up from someone else because he can’t develop a thought beyond a two year old. He referenced the thousands that die of car accidents every year. Seriously? Guy needs to get the CV and rely on a ventilator for a few weeks. Maybe then it will register in his Pee sized brain

Advertisement

20 - MAK Performance - 1
Advertisement