Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It would be great if OP did himself, his community, and the country a favor post it back admitting that he was incorrect about his original assumption. The last thing this country need right now is people crying fake news. Once people who have done that start admitting that they were wrong perhaps we can make more progress.
I think we have all learned a lot in the two weeks since OP originally posted. The Surgeon General of the United States said this Is going to be the worst week to date. I’m staying in my house.
Advertisement

tcman54

Stanghead
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This was issued last night for my town :crying:

Screenshot (1069).png

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This was issued last night for my town :crying:

Screenshot (1069).png
Governor Whitmer (Michigan) is holding a press conference in a half hour. Word on the street is it will be notice of a statewide shelter-in-place. The US media must have a lot of power if they can make $#!t up and have several states (Cali, Washington, NY, Ohio, and now Michigan) and several countries (China, Italy, Israel, Canada, and others) go into emergency mode over a virus that they just made up (<-- extreme sarcasm)

ManyfordsnoMustang

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
This is a boat a lot of people are finding themselves in right now. I just ordered a rowing machine as this is my wife’s favorite piece of workout equipment.

Please, if you want to make it to 51 stay home. Do not go looking for an open gym.
Yep, I ordered a spin bike as well. With two college kids home now we need something and they can't use my bicycle on the rollers (I just broke the band, so now I need to get a replacement for that as well. Its killing me too, not working out, hard to deadlift and squat without a decent home gym, though at my age there are plenty of body-weight exercises that I can do. An open gym would be the worst place to go at this time.

Our governor in Illinois over a week ago basically said any decision he makes in the foreseeable future will either be seen as a bad or less than bad decision. He also said there is nothing he hopes more, than to be told he overreacted, better than under-reacting. Now that the rest of the country is doing what he has done, the naysayers are opening their eyes (well, some are).

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So far in my state of Illinois, more people have died than recovered at this point. I know this will tip to positive as more weeks go on, but this is nothing like the flu. Those who choose to ignore it early on are idiots. (Including Trump)

pacomicro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I was going to continue to drive to the next state over to work out as they were still open the end of last week there, but its most likely only a matter of time and I don't really want to take the chance and get pulled over and get a fine or worse. Of course I could say I'm heading to the woods to go hiking or something.
Please don't take this as a joke, it's not about looking for an excuse not to get fined, it's about protecting yourself and those around you, do yourself a favor and do others.

STAY AT HOME

Shift

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
It would be great if OP did himself, his community, and the country a favor and post back admitting that he was incorrect about his original assumption. The last thing this country need right now is people crying fake news. Once people who have done that start admitting that they were wrong perhaps we can make more progress.
Don't hold your breath. This country is screwed.

tcman54

Stanghead
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Don't hold your breath. This country is screwed.
Or from the Big Bang Theory > an incline plane,wrapped helically around an axis

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Very early on I thought there was a lot of media hype blowing the virus out of proportion just to sell ad space. As it quickly spread and got got worse I realized that this virus is way different than the flu and we need to take quick and more invasive action to try to contain it.

Anyone still going on about how this is all fake new and it's no worse than the flu really needs to pull their head out of their a$$.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Very early on I thought there was a lot of media hype blowing the virus out of proportion just to sell ad space. As it quickly spread and got got worse I realized that this virus is way different than the flu and we need to take quick and more invasive action to try to contain it.

Anyone still going on about how this is all fake new and it's no worse than the flu really needs to pull their head out of their a$$.
Yup. States (countries for that matter) are on lockdown. Sports seasons are delayed / cancelled. Auto Shows have been delayed or cancelled. The Olympics are one smart decision from being delayed at least a year. Oh, and people are dying. The "media" could only dream that it had that kind of power.

Shift

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

Agreed. We are starting to shut down the beaches and parks around here because people still think it's a joke, while the rest of us are taking it seriously and staying home. The state and local government is going to be worn thin, and they're just going to start handing out fines on the spot to curb the stupidity.

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
100% agree on taking this seriously, I mean, we aren't even "in it" yet. But I also 100% agree that other things favoring the opportunistic asshats "running" things is also afoot. It's a misdirection wet dream. I bet when this is all done there will be some crazy shifts in politics and freedoms justified by the need to get through this. Being as detached from things as I am though, my words mean less than nothing so there's that. If a barred door lockdown happens, curious how they'll do us in hotels. The window to get home is closing fast and as I've stated, it's safer for me and mine if I stay away. Was just talking to a co worker about how we are super over this thing yet we're only at the very beginning of it. Gotta strap in and get ready for a new normal.

B0N35

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
...because people still think it's a joke...
The largest excuse I've heard is "but the flu is MUCH worse and nobody cares about that". I hate that people use ultimatums that effectively boil down to, "I won't believe that this is a problem until it's as bad as the flu." At that point, when we have both, we'll all be f'kd.

I really need to stop reading this thread for my own sanity.

lateinthegame

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I just checked the WorldoMeter and deaths in USA are at 1.2% whereas Italy is close to 10% mainly because of the older population and close proximity living like in big cities.

New York has .7% deaths and Texas has .9%. Fairly low. It all depends on where you live.

B0N35

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
I just checked the WorldoMeter and deaths in USA are at 1.2%
1.2% assumes all current mild conditions (~40k) fully recover. If you're quoting worldometer, it's at least worth mentioning the US death rate for "closed cases"... 504 deaths vs 187 recovered, or 70% death rate in the first 3 weeks. I get that many people had CV and never knew it, but those numbers are staggering, especially when you look at total cases per 1M people. We have 2.5X as many total cases by population density vs China. Who, by the way, has all but stopped the spread with only 5% of their total cases in the last month (that being said, their number of critical cases is still 34%). Hopefully we get to that point soon.

I know data says anything you want it to, and my only point is to not look at the small number and say 'don't worry, be happy', but I'm generally a pessimist anyway, so...

Advertisement

63 - Late Model Restoration - 1
Advertisement