Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Why are you guys arguing who gives a fuck just protect yourselves and your families dummies.
Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Why are you guys arguing who gives a fuck just protect yourselves and your families dummies.
with respect, (and normally i am of the same opinion about arguing online), it's because the longer it takes for the deniers to understand, the worse it's going to be for everyone. :like:

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
What's the risk of going jogging or walking your dog alone in a low population density area?
No problem in my area, but in big cities, where some people use the dog as an excuse to go for a walk and in some cases all the members of a family take turns walking the dog.
Our pets have never been out on the street so much.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
New York is getting hammered
Screenshot (1065).png
Michigan just crested 1,000 cases (up from 554 on the chart above). Nine fatalities with many more expected. Keep in mind most of these cases presented symptoms BEFORE being tested. As more people get tested proactively, more cases are bound to pop up. The reason for social distancing is so that these untested infected potential carriers do not interact with otherwise healthy people and thereby spread COVID-19. I personally only refer to this as COVID-19 because there are so many strains called Coronavirus that it is too easy to minimize the impact of this particular strain.

Example...which would you rather have...Herpes Simplex 1 or Herpes Simplex 2? One of those is a cold sore, the other? All Herpes are not created the same. Same with Coronavirus. The one we're currently talking about, COVID-19 is particularly nasty.

Last edited:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another interesting piece of information. In the City of Detroit, 233 police officers are now under self quarantine. Why? Because 6 officers have had direct contact with a person who has tested positive. The other 227 are officers who have had direct contact with those 6 officers since the contact with the infected person. So all are under quarantine until the test results of the original 6 come back. This is the nature of a pandemic.

Unchecked, 1 infects 6 (plus probably a lot more non-police that we don't know about). The 6 could have infected another 227. Without quarantines, the 227 could go on to potentially infect how many? And so on and so on.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The closing of the gyms is about the only thing that has got me down. Its my only real hobby besides cars as I live alone. I wonder how long they will be closed as anything over 2-3 weeks and I might as well start my routine over? This was the first workout cycle (12-16 weeks of increasing weight) that I was on track of not going too long between workouts or quitting it early due to getting new medical issues or small sprains or strains in the past year and a half or so. Maybe its just age catching up to me as I'll hit the big 5 0 next month. I don't feel that old and don't really even want to celebrate birthdays anymore. I was going to continue to drive to the next state over to work out as they were still open the end of last week there, but its most likely only a matter of time and I don't really want to take the chance and get pulled over and get a fine or worse. Of course I could say I'm heading to the woods to go hiking or something.
This is a boat a lot of people are finding themselves in right now. I just ordered a rowing machine as this is my wife’s favorite piece of workout equipment.

Please, if you want to make it to 51 stay home. Do not go looking for an open gym.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
It would be great if OP did himself, his community, and the country a favor and post back admitting that he was incorrect about his original assumption. The last thing this country needs right now is people crying fake news. Once people who have done that start admitting that they were wrong perhaps we can make more progress.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It would be great if OP did himself, his community, and the country a favor post it back admitting that he was incorrect about his original assumption. The last thing this country need right now is people crying fake news. Once people who have done that start admitting that they were wrong perhaps we can make more progress.
I think we have all learned a lot in the two weeks since OP originally posted. The Surgeon General of the United States said this Is going to be the worst week to date. I’m staying in my house.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This was issued last night for my town :crying:

Screenshot (1069).png

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was issued last night for my town :crying:

Screenshot (1069).png
Governor Whitmer (Michigan) is holding a press conference in a half hour. Word on the street is it will be notice of a statewide shelter-in-place. The US media must have a lot of power if they can make $#!t up and have several states (Cali, Washington, NY, Ohio, and now Michigan) and several countries (China, Italy, Israel, Canada, and others) go into emergency mode over a virus that they just made up (<-- extreme sarcasm)

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
This is a boat a lot of people are finding themselves in right now. I just ordered a rowing machine as this is my wife’s favorite piece of workout equipment.

Please, if you want to make it to 51 stay home. Do not go looking for an open gym.
Yep, I ordered a spin bike as well. With two college kids home now we need something and they can't use my bicycle on the rollers (I just broke the band, so now I need to get a replacement for that as well. Its killing me too, not working out, hard to deadlift and squat without a decent home gym, though at my age there are plenty of body-weight exercises that I can do. An open gym would be the worst place to go at this time.

Our governor in Illinois over a week ago basically said any decision he makes in the foreseeable future will either be seen as a bad or less than bad decision. He also said there is nothing he hopes more, than to be told he overreacted, better than under-reacting. Now that the rest of the country is doing what he has done, the naysayers are opening their eyes (well, some are).

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So far in my state of Illinois, more people have died than recovered at this point. I know this will tip to positive as more weeks go on, but this is nothing like the flu. Those who choose to ignore it early on are idiots. (Including Trump)

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I was going to continue to drive to the next state over to work out as they were still open the end of last week there, but its most likely only a matter of time and I don't really want to take the chance and get pulled over and get a fine or worse. Of course I could say I'm heading to the woods to go hiking or something.
Please don't take this as a joke, it's not about looking for an excuse not to get fined, it's about protecting yourself and those around you, do yourself a favor and do others.

STAY AT HOME

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
It would be great if OP did himself, his community, and the country a favor and post back admitting that he was incorrect about his original assumption. The last thing this country need right now is people crying fake news. Once people who have done that start admitting that they were wrong perhaps we can make more progress.
Don't hold your breath. This country is screwed.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Don't hold your breath. This country is screwed.
Or from the Big Bang Theory > an incline plane,wrapped helically around an axis
Sponsored