2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it, converted to U.S. dollars? A guy in Germany told me a GT commands about $100,000 U.S. there.
$90,000. Keep in mind, the cheapest place to buy a car is the U.S. (American or foreign), then UK/EU, and finally Asia. I know, it's hard for Americans to believe we have to pay $90,000 for a stock Mach 1.
Sponsored

Deep pockets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I still look for somewhere to go to dive my 2015 GT did the same thing with the 99 Cobra with supercharger and my 92 5.0 all convertibles so that might be the problem Mach 1 not a convertible!
Just working the manual is a pleasure.
keep driving!

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
a few listings:

Mustang GT350, used, MY2018:
1638821363729.png

USD 69915
~11k miles,
normal GT 350 not R.

Mustang GT used, MY 2017
1638821630280.png

USD 45000
~15k miles,
MY2017

Mustang GT new, MY2022
1638821836868.png

new, USD 51655
MY2023
delivery: 10 - 11 month

Mustang GT used, MY 2020:
1638821952714.png

same price, ~ USD 51600
MY2020
~11k miles

Mach 1 orders are canceled, but there go for a lot right now:
1638822207839.png

~ USD 70000
~5k miles

There are used US imported Mustang GT listed for 10 - 15k cheaper but the price comes with a cost of not knowing what is wrong with the car, most likely crash / salvage.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
a few listings:

Mustang GT350, used, MY2018:
1638821363729.png

USD 69915
~11k miles,
normal GT 350 not R.

Mustang GT used, MY 2017
1638821630280.png

USD 45000
~15k miles,
MY2017

Mustang GT new, MY2022
1638821836868.png

new, USD 51655
MY2023
delivery: 10 - 11 month

Mustang GT used, MY 2020:
1638821952714.png

same price, ~ USD 51600
MY2020
~11k miles

Mach 1 orders are canceled, but there go for a lot right now:
1638822207839.png

~ USD 70000
~5k miles

There are used US imported Mustang GT listed for 10 - 15k cheaper but the price comes with a cost of not knowing what is wrong with the car, most likely crash / salvage.
UK Mach 1's for sale, to convert to U.S. dollars multiply by 1.33...
1638822946651.png

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Under your daily driver scenario I can understand your feeling so you have to find other times to use and enjoy what you have. Take a ride late night or early weekend mornings when no one else is on the road and you can open it up a bit. Search/find local car groups on Facebook that go to shows/events together. Find or create routes on twisty roads out in the countryside to take "spirited" cruises by yourself or with others. And of course any locals tracks or drag strips if you have any of those nearby. Once you start looking, you may find there is a lot to do and enjoy in your area.
Good luck and best to you.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it, converted to U.S. dollars? A guy in Germany told me a GT commands about $100,000 U.S. there.
$90,000. Keep in mind, the cheapest place to buy a car is the U.S. (American or foreign), then UK/EU, and finally Asia. I know, it's hard for Americans to believe we have to pay $90,000 for a stock Mach 1.
Thats what the virus has done … :frown:

ÂŁ67k v a Ford rrp price list of :

1638824050112.png

Before the virus, you could negotiate discounts on that list (certainly on GT’s and as far as I know, on early ordered Mach’s).

WD :like:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I've owned my 2021 Mach 1 for about six weeks. I very much like the car, and living in the UK the car definitely gets a lot of attention from admirers. My question is for anyone that owns a performance car (any make) in a dense urban area. For me, it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to a road with 70 mph speed limit and no average speed cameras (for miles). Then maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to quieter roads which allow "spirited" driving. So to have some fun I'm looking at 45-50 mins round trip of either city driving or driving in average speed cameras for miles. Admittedly, I have a manual so that adds to the annoyance of city driving, although to be honest, the manual in the city doesn't bother me much...it's just generally poking along in traffic or at 40 mph under average speed cameras that drives me crazy. I'm fortunate that my schedule allows me to go for fun drives in the middle of the day during the week, which is a luxury. I've admired nice sports cars for a very long time, but now that I finally bought one, I'm not really enjoying it given my location. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Anybody else in urban areas think similarly? Thanks.
My 2020 PP1 GT with 6 MT I enjoy even putzing around town while rowing my own gears and rev matching and hearing my Ford Racing exhaust. So no I am not bored yet...

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Not bored. Opposite really as it is winter stored and can’t wait to get it back. The things I find that make driving it an event at any speed are the convertible top and the active exhaust. Just pulling in to fuel and having questions and compliments on it adds to that. Lots of 911s here and a few mclearens, Ferraris and new vets etc. So I am always amazed at the interest in a working man’s pony car - often by folks driving more expensive iron. This car is the most fun I’ve been able to buy for certain. I consider it a massive bargain.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I've owned my 2021 Mach 1 for about six weeks. I very much like the car, and living in the UK the car definitely gets a lot of attention from admirers. My question is for anyone that owns a performance car (any make) in a dense urban area. For me, it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to a road with 70 mph speed limit and no average speed cameras (for miles). Then maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to quieter roads which allow "spirited" driving. So to have some fun I'm looking at 45-50 mins round trip of either city driving or driving in average speed cameras for miles. Admittedly, I have a manual so that adds to the annoyance of city driving, although to be honest, the manual in the city doesn't bother me much...it's just generally poking along in traffic or at 40 mph under average speed cameras that drives me crazy. I'm fortunate that my schedule allows me to go for fun drives in the middle of the day during the week, which is a luxury. I've admired nice sports cars for a very long time, but now that I finally bought one, I'm not really enjoying it given my location. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Anybody else in urban areas think similarly? Thanks.
This is weird cause I know exactly how your feeling psychologically.
You’ve brought a car that doesn’t feel like it has a place in the UK ?.
I had my doubts too when I purchased a 2020 Bullitt. Although I live in Spain I couldn’t think if I could own one of these cars if I was still living in the UK.

I bet your used to driving, BMWs Audis or Mercs ?. Automatic transmission and easy to live with and what Would ultimately be a daily driver ?.

and Now you have this” very mechanical vehicle” that requires a lot of driver input. The manual gearbox as you so mentioned in your post.

this is how these cars are…..
And you have to love them for what they are.
You thinking you own a car that can’t quite be a daily driver and is it just a weekend hobby ?.

so I’ve owned a porche cayman s, an audi A7 and later an Audi RS7 and I can tell now none of them gave me the joy that the Mustang gives me.

I was in your shoes after 6 weeks of ownership I started to think about selling and maybe buying a C43 Merc or even a Range Rover instead. But these cars are boring. The Mustang is like going back to the basics of a big v8 and a gearbox. Every body is going electric to save the environment etc.. and what do we do ?.
we buy big Gas Gussling V8’s.
that tells me something right there….

we’re buying these vehicles because we have a passion for them. In 5-10 years it won’t be possible any more and we have to enjoy these cars while we can.
I bet every time you cold start that car and work through the gears it clicks something with you and you love it but stuck in two minds as if to sell it.

promise you I went through the same thing. Now with 15000miles on the clock I finally worked it out…. As you will my friend.

Top top: when your in traffic etc….. start pulling away in 2nd gear and shift straight to 4th . Use the full torque of the engine so you can hear the rumble at low rpm’s. Let the car loft along. Don’t even look at the gear indicator that’s trying to tell you to up change.

hope this helps

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Never

I get bored when I don’t drive her for a while but as soon as I start the the car up it’s a WOW moment.

6 weeks and you’re bored with your Mustang? Your meds are off. Go see a Dr. STAT

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This is weird cause I know exactly how your feeling psychologically.
You’ve brought a car that doesn’t feel like it has a place in the UK ?.
I had my doubts too when I purchased a 2020 Bullitt. Although I live in Spain I couldn’t think if I could own one of these cars if I was still living in the UK.

I bet your used to driving, BMWs Audis or Mercs ?. Automatic transmission and easy to live with and what Would ultimately be a daily driver ?.

and Now you have this” very mechanical vehicle” that requires a lot of driver input. The manual gearbox as you so mentioned in your post.

this is how these cars are…..
And you have to love them for what they are.
You thinking you own a car that can’t quite be a daily driver and is it just a weekend hobby ?.

so I’ve owned a porche cayman s, an audi A7 and later an Audi RS7 and I can tell now none of them gave me the joy that the Mustang gives me.

I was in your shoes after 6 weeks of ownership I started to think about selling and maybe buying a C43 Merc or even a Range Rover instead. But these cars are boring. The Mustang is like going back to the basics of a big v8 and a gearbox. Every body is going electric to save the environment etc.. and what do we do ?.
we buy big Gas Gussling V8’s.
that tells me something right there….

we’re buying these vehicles because we have a passion for them. In 5-10 years it won’t be possible any more and we have to enjoy these cars while we can.
I bet every time you cold start that car and work through the gears it clicks something with you and you love it but stuck in two minds as if to sell it.

promise you I went through the same thing. Now with 15000miles on the clock I finally worked it out…. As you will my friend.

Top top: when your in traffic etc….. start pulling away in 2nd gear and shift straight to 4th . Use the full torque of the engine so you can hear the rumble at low rpm’s. Let the car loft along. Don’t even look at the gear indicator that’s trying to tell you to up change.

hope this helps
Thanks, amigo. I didn't buy an AMG or M because I thought those cars would only be fun over 100mph. The Mustang is fun, pulling hard thru 2nd and 3rd. I drive with the windows fully open with the heat on because I want to hear it. Don't get me wrong, when I get out of town, the car is fun, no doubt.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Not bored. Opposite really as it is winter stored and can’t wait to get it back. The things I find that make driving it an event at any speed are the convertible top and the active exhaust. Just pulling in to fuel and having questions and compliments on it adds to that. Lots of 911s here and a few mclearens, Ferraris and new vets etc. So I am always amazed at the interest in a working man’s pony car - often by folks driving more expensive iron. This car is the most fun I’ve been able to buy for certain. I consider it a massive bargain.
Same in London bud, people take pics of my car, kids ask their parents about it, it's kind of funny. London has so many wicked cars, Ferraris, Lambos, Mac's, Bugattis, Paganis, and people take a pic of a Mach 1, it's kind of funny to me.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thats what the virus has done … :frown:

ÂŁ67k v a Ford rrp price list of :

1638824050112.png

Before the virus, you could negotiate discounts on that list (certainly on GT’s and as far as I know, on early ordered Mach’s).

WD :like:
It's actually the way the world has been heading for a while. If you're into high end watches, people pay way over list to flip watches. Friend in America just ordered 3 2022 Vettes to flip. The world is bizarre.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
and…it’s not about driving at a top speed. How quickly you get to the speed limit is the fun 🍻🍻.

— Mike
I have to tell this to people all the time. Every time I hear someone say "oh ya I went 120/130 etc in my friend's *insert sports car* how fast can yours go? A camry can hit 130 with enough room... it's how quickly you get there that's the fun part. Although, to be fair, only being able to gun it in first would leave you wanting a lot more.
Sponsored