2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Drive mine daily, love it. I take the long way just because I like driving it. Windows down weather is music to my ears, and everyone loves the car.
I'm the same. I never turn on the music. Both windows open fully despite cold weather. It's the only way I drive.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
This is the reason for a huge resurgence in the Fox body market. Having come from several Fox bodies 1989-1992 I can say (from memory) they were a lot more fun to drive than my S550 even if they were high 13s with the minor mods I had done.
New cars are to refined . I've said this before. The 64-72 "muscle cars" did nothing well. they sucked. They are loved because of the way they looked, the way they sounded, and hitting the throttle you felt like it could ripe your head off without trying. /
It was that feeling of being brutal is why they are loved.
They were slow, they didn't handle they didn't stop, and when you scienced out the chassis and put tires on it that hook, you broke stuff, ALOT.
There is nothing like a big block car, that when you drop the hammer the nose rises 7 inchs, and then blows the tires off it, it feels brutal, and it took brass balls the size of N.Y. to power shift them at red line while lay'n dual scratch for 50-75 yards. with the tail wag'n.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
New cars are to refined . I've said this before. The 64-72 "muscle cars" did nothing well. they sucked. They are loved because of the way they looked, the way they sounded, and hitting the throttle you felt like it could ripe your head off without trying. /
It was that feeling of being brutal is why they are loved.
They were slow, they didn't handle they didn't stop, and when you scienced out the chassis and put tires on it that hook, you broke stuff, ALOT.
There is nothing like a big block car, that when you drop the hammer the nose rises 7 inchs, and then blows the tires off it, it feels brutal, and it took brass balls the size of N.Y. to power shift them at red line while lay'n dual scratch for 50-75 yards. with the tail wag'n.

Agree with everything you said- and I owned what was considered by many to be one of the best big block Mustangs ever made- it looked beautiful but was horrible to drive

but your comments made me think of a video I made for work at last company ....so for your viewing pleasure.....my 67 GT500 having fun

Got Time To Burn? We've Got Tires To Burn! - YouTube

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I wouldn't say I was bored with my GT but the opportunity to use 460hp has never arose in over 2 years. The best I have been able to do is about 5 seconds of acceleration getting on a freeway and even that is rare. There never seems to be a time when there isn't something in front of me. I'm leaning toward luxury for my next car and the hell with performance.

Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Maybe the wrong purchase for where you live, but if you have a race track reasonably close that offers track days, take it out on the track and then you'll see how impressive it really is. Highly capable performance cars make what we used to consider sweaty palm sessions that just aren't with how well these new platforms are designed. The suspension modes I added made huge difference in cornering and handling capability, so much so, that even with increased cornering speeds, the car just handles them with calm. Admittedly, I'm still exploring limits, and it seems I have a way to go yet.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
My car is a dd and I look forward to driving it every time I get in it. 2017 GT/PP Roush Phase 2 supercharger. Im in Missouri and we get very little snow or ice and when we do I stay in; I'm retired.

Screenshot_20211202-201433_Chrome.jpg

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Manual trans + LOUD exhaust makes it a little more fun at lower speeds if you don't mind wasting some fuel.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I wouldnt say that I am bored with my car, its not my daily either. Weird saying this but it just isnt as fun to drive since doing my fuel system, going to E85 and adding a couple more lbs of boost. I find myself just cruising and not gettin on it cause it has too much power for the street. Seems like it was more fun to drive with just the basic stage 2 whipple and 93 octane. Its a whole different animal now. Ya ya, I know....... Roast me :facepalm:

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Manual trans + LOUD exhaust makes it a little more fun at lower speeds if you don't mind wasting some fuel.
I do like having the "thug" car of the neighborhood among the Ferraris, Astons ,Teslas, Taycans, and 911s

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldnt say that I am bored with my car, its not my daily either. Weird saying this but it just isnt as fun to drive since doing my fuel system, going to E85 and adding a couple more lbs of boost. I find myself just cruising and not gettin on it cause it has too much power for the street. Seems like it was more fun to drive with just the basic stage 2 whipple and 93 octane. Its a whole different animal now. Ya ya, I know....... Roast me :facepalm:
No roasting, you should always have the car that's right for the way you want to drive it. I started out considering Stage 2 cars, then ended up with stock Mach 1.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I wouldn't say I was bored with my GT but the opportunity to use 460hp has never arose in over 2 years. The best I have been able to do is about 5 seconds of acceleration getting on a freeway and even that is rare. There never seems to be a time when there isn't something in front of me. I'm leaning toward luxury for my next car and the hell with performance.
Sounds familiar.

Until recently I was planning to move to a '22 GT500. Since I'd never actually track one, I questioned the point, given that I can't even exploit what my lowly, modded '15 GT is packing on public roads. The memories of my hopped up '07 GT500 were a factor in wanting the new version, I think, but that car was complete folly as well.

Nah, I'll keep what I have and invest in some lakeshore instead, which brings the need for watercraft....

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
If you don't look back at your car as you walk off and sit by a window so you can keep an eye on it, you are probably driving the wrong car.
Ok, not me sitting by the window, but my security camera is:
1638818736296.png

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I've owned my 2021 Mach 1 for about six weeks. I very much like the car, and living in the UK the car definitely gets a lot of attention from admirers. My question is for anyone that owns a performance car (any make) in a dense urban area. For me, it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to a road with 70 mph speed limit and no average speed cameras (for miles). Then maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to quieter roads which allow "spirited" driving. So to have some fun I'm looking at 45-50 mins round trip of either city driving or driving in average speed cameras for miles. Admittedly, I have a manual so that adds to the annoyance of city driving, although to be honest, the manual in the city doesn't bother me much...it's just generally poking along in traffic or at 40 mph under average speed cameras that drives me crazy. I'm fortunate that my schedule allows me to go for fun drives in the middle of the day during the week, which is a luxury. I've admired nice sports cars for a very long time, but now that I finally bought one, I'm not really enjoying it given my location. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Anybody else in urban areas think similarly? Thanks.
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it, converted to U.S. dollars? A guy in Germany told me a GT commands about $100,000 U.S. there.
Sponsored