Sponsored

Any word on a manual transmission option for 2021 or 22?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This is the July edition thread of “Will there be a manual?”. Keep an eye out for next month’s edition, in which there will be another thread with loads of new information about how there won’t be a manual.
Pretty much.
I wish the 500 had a manual option. (I wouldn’t get it)
I also wish the new 2021 Mach 1 had a shaker but it doesn’t.
Hopefully one thing we can all agree on is the Mach E should NOT be called a Mustang.
Sponsored

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
You are all wrong, Let me explain. I was standing with a group of people (socially distancing of course) taking about the terrible roads and how a manual is better than a DCT. When a high pitched voice from over my shoulder whispered something... I wasn't sure but it sounded like the Keebler elf (or was it the lucky charms mascot) I always get those mixed up. It (don't want to misgender) whispered 'Next year the tires will flip under the car and it will hover. Roads… where we're going we don't need roads'. I'm sure I heard this from somewhere but dismissed it as alot of stupid stuff was said prior( you know the manual thing and all). I looked over my shoulder and it was a leprechaun (or an elf not really sure) riding a unicorn. Now I would usually dismiss this as weird,but I'm not shocked about anything anymore(you know 2020 and all). It was really adamant after I said BS using all the buzz words and such. Thinking back it does seem legit as it was wearing an official looking FORD shirt and he did say he was connected. It also let it slip about working on the Mach-E program. Now how can I question anyone that has ties to that program? One thing that was odd was just before they floated away(like in the Jetsons) bubbles started shooting out of the unicorns butt. I quickly excused this (You know not surprised by anything) and chalked it up as just a future propulsion unit from Ford(it even made the same type of sound from the Jetsons). I quickly reached for my phone(You know pics or it didn't happen) but to my dismay I was too late.
61596827-BEA5-4FB4-963E-DF73E01CE182.png

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
You are all wrong, Let me explain. I was standing with a group of people (socially distancing of course) taking about the terrible roads and how a manual is better than a DCT. When a high pitched voice from over my shoulder whispered something... I wasn't sure but it sounded like the Keebler elf (or was it the lucky charms mascot) I always get those mixed up. It (don't want to misgender) whispered 'Next year the tires will flip under the car and it will hover. Roads… where we're going we don't need roads'. I'm sure I heard this from somewhere but dismissed it as alot of stupid stuff was said prior( you know the manual thing and all). I looked over my shoulder and it was a leprechaun (or an elf not really sure) riding a unicorn. Now I would usually dismiss this as weird,but I'm not shocked about anything anymore(you know 2020 and all). It was really adamant after I said BS using all the buzz words and such. Thinking back it does seem legit as it was wearing an official looking FORD shirt and he did say he was connected. It also let it slip about working on the Mach-E program. Now how can I question anyone that has ties to that program? One thing that was odd was just before they floated away(like in the Jetsons) bubbles started shooting out of the unicorns butt. I quickly excused this (You know not surprised by anything) and chalked it up as just a future propulsion unit from Ford(it even made the same type of sound from the Jetsons). I quickly reached for my phone(You know pics or it didn't happen) but to my dismay I was too late.
I would like to apologize to stinger (OP) for the rude responses by this community. Making fun of another enthusiast like this is just not right.

stinger, Cobra’s post was in poor taste and we here are apologetic.

Your question was valid and I have a very well sourced answer to you question.

answer: DCT is out. No manual or 10 speed either.

replacement: Ford has been working on a new transmission, new engine and new braking system for the past 5 years and will debut it on the 2021 GT500. Codename: FFEBT (Fred Flintstone Engine, Braking & Transmission)

description: holes are cut into the floor boards on the diver and passenger sides. Instead of having to deal with a shifter or brakes or an engine, the driver and passenger make direct contact between their feet and the ground below. just start running and the Shelby takes off like you are Fred and Barney heading to the bowling alley. If you want to stop, just stop moving your feet.

This provides several distinct advantages:
1. an unprecedented CONNECTED feel with the road
2. If you are wearing good tennis shoes, you should have excellent all weather traction. (It is also rumored that Michelin is making a new tennis shoe called the Pilot Cup Sport Crosstrainer, but this hasn’t been confirmed)
3. With no engine, no brakes and no transmission, the dry weight of the vehicle is 1750lbs. Take that Chevy!
4. there is also a rumored FFTP (family of four track pack) where they remove the floor boards in the rear seats so your kids can power the car as well.

I’ll update the group as more information comes along, but for now, again, I apologize for the lack of camaraderie by this community. We will be better in the future.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I'm really confused... Don't all Mustangs come with a manual? I keep mine in the glove box in that trick compartment. Maybe OP can't find theirs because unaware of secrete compartment?

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Covid has wrecked car sales in 2020 and the economy and its looking like its here to stay for awhile.

I think for financial reasons Ford would likely cancel a manual GT500. Could also result in the new Mustang getting delayed too.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Cobra’s post was in poor taste and we here are apologetic.

I own a '13 and the 2020 and hands down the DCT is better in every way. The only advantage is banging gears yes it fun but the DCT better.

Don't apologise for me. It was just a manual vs DCT jab. Some people need to to grow a thicker skin

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
I own a '13 and the 2020 and hands down the DCT is better in every way. The only advantage is banging gears yes it fun but the DCT better.

Don't apologise for me. It was just a manual vs DCT jab. Some people need to to grow a thicker skin
haha. Read through my post cobra. The apology was sarcastic. Get your feet ready for the Flinstone Flop next year!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
This is why this forum has gone to s!*t. The same damn question week after week from people who realistically won’t even buy the car.
Said everyone on every forum ever. Hell since the dawn of Message boards. Welcome to the internet.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Covid has wrecked car sales in 2020 and the economy and its looking like its here to stay for awhile.

I think for financial reasons Ford would likely cancel a manual GT500. Could also result in the new Mustang getting delayed too.
They wouldn't have it to begin with. It costs way too much money to have both an auto and a manual. Those that want the manual have the GT350 or the '21 mach 1. Want the GT500? Automatic DCT.

Why do people hold out and hope for a manual on a car that ford say will be DCT only?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Because they want to see/hear the fat lady sing. Only now its actually a former dude that identifies with the alphabet crew.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Because they want to see/hear the fat lady sing. Only now its actually a former dude that identifies with the alphabet crew.
Apparently not, they still hold out for hope, the quintessential delusion. The manual ain't a commin

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
haha. Read through my post cobra. The apology was sarcastic. Get your feet ready for the Flinstone Flop next year!
It's all good I was only trying to lighten the mood :)
Sponsored