Sponsored

Any word on a manual transmission option for 2021 or 22?

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Have heard rumors that Ford will be bringing a manual transmission in 2021 as an.alternate option for the DCT. Any validity to this?
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Didnā€™t sound like it for ā€˜21 at the Ford event yesterday.
-J

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
No, not for 2021

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Or 2022 most likely.
Remember if we get a new Mustang in 2023 the GT500 will probably be gone.
Most likely 3 years of this current GT500.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Have heard rumors that Ford will be bringing a manual transmission in 2021 as an.alternate option for the DCT. Any validity to this?
can't you just post in the previous 4 threads that asked this nonsense question already?

But to answer your question it comes with a manual. It's just that the shifter uses these 2 slivers of plastic mounted to the steering wheel. and the computer subsumed the clutch pedal.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You said rumors. Can you link or quote one of these rumor sources?

For the love of God please don't say you heard it from a dealer...

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I heard for 2022, the MSRP is dropping to $29K and the HP is being increased to sweet even 1000.

Seriously I heard it ...

... after I said it out loud to myself.
You forgot the twin turbos.....

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
even better, I heard that the key fob for the GT500 will revert to the old, style used by the 2015 Focus.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
If you havenā€™t got a chance to drive the 2020 gt500 u might want to I have had a manual my whole life except for the 911 gts and now the 500 in the old days growing up all sports cars should be manual since it was fun to drop the clutch smoke the tires or rev it up
These days the dct is amazing u can still rev it up like a clutch by holding both paddles in and it match revs each gear on downshifts the 500 is more engaging then my porsche just stepping on the brakes in any mode will rev each gear as it downshifts. To be honest when your driving on the track its nice to have both hands on the wheel as the there is so much power on tap and the transmission is extremely super smooth no lag or sudden gear shifts itā€™s lightning quick throwing a manual in it wouldnā€™t do the 500 justice as it would be much slower in the end there is nothing u cant do with the dct that you can do with the manual is nice to have old school sometimes with a manual with a older ride the new 2020 is a absolutely prefect in the feeling and enjoyment u get when driving the car

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
If you havenā€™t got a chance to drive the 2020 gt500 u might want to I have had a manual my whole life except for the 911 gts and now the 500 in the old days growing up all sports cars should be manual since it was fun to drop the clutch smoke the tires or rev it up
These days the dct is amazing u can still rev it up like a clutch by holding both paddles in and it match revs each gear on downshifts the 500 is more engaging then my porsche just stepping on the brakes in any mode will rev each gear as it downshifts. To be honest when your driving on the track its nice to have both hands on the wheel as the there is so much power on tap and the transmission is extremely super smooth no lag or sudden gear shifts itā€™s lightning quick throwing a manual in it wouldnā€™t do the 500 justice as it would be much slower in the end there is nothing u cant do with the dct that you can do with the manual is nice to have old school sometimes with a manual with a older ride the new 2020 is a absolutely prefect in the feeling and enjoyment u get when driving the car
I totally agree.
Iā€™ve been a huge supporter of the DCT since it was announced and now my experience with it has lived up to the hype.
-J

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You are all wrong, Let me explain. I was standing with a group of people (socially distancing of course) taking about the terrible roads and how a manual is better than a DCT. When a high pitched voice from over my shoulder whispered something... I wasn't sure but it sounded like the Keebler elf (or was it the lucky charms mascot) I always get those mixed up. It (don't want to misgender) whispered 'Next year the tires will flip under the car and it will hover. Roadsā€¦ where we're going we don't need roads'. I'm sure I heard this from somewhere but dismissed it as alot of stupid stuff was said prior( you know the manual thing and all). I looked over my shoulder and it was a leprechaun (or an elf not really sure) riding a unicorn. Now I would usually dismiss this as weird,but I'm not shocked about anything anymore(you know 2020 and all). It was really adamant after I said BS using all the buzz words and such. Thinking back it does seem legit as it was wearing an official looking FORD shirt and he did say he was connected. It also let it slip about working on the Mach-E program. Now how can I question anyone that has ties to that program? One thing that was odd was just before they floated away(like in the Jetsons) bubbles started shooting out of the unicorns butt. I quickly excused this (You know not surprised by anything) and chalked it up as just a future propulsion unit from Ford(it even made the same type of sound from the Jetsons). I quickly reached for my phone(You know pics or it didn't happen) but to my dismay I was too late.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
This is the July edition thread of ā€œWill there be a manual?ā€. Keep an eye out for next monthā€™s edition, in which there will be another thread with loads of new information about how there wonā€™t be a manual.
Sponsored