Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I am for the athletes and the sporting events but the politics is threatening to ruin it for future generations.

How in the world can a country like Brazil who right now is in a huge recession spend $12 billion on the olympics and ignore the needs of it's own people and turn a blind eye to the country's nature beauty?

NBC is a joke, what most people don't know is that they made the horrible decision to broadcast the olympics with a 1 hour time delay to avoid having to show protests to the event, terrorist attacks or anything else bad that might happen, I hope it comes back to bite them in the butt.

Terry
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The Olympics are a reminder of how fast four years goes. That's about it for me. LOL

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Worst opening ceremony ever. WTF was that? I hope USA comes home with a lot of gold but more importantly, hope all olympians return to their homes safe and sound. I feel bad for everybody that has trained their entire life for their dream to be played out in such a deplorable place.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I am for the athletes and the sporting events but the politics is threatening to ruin it for future generations.

How in the world can a country like Brazil who right now is in a huge recession spend $12 billion on the olympics and ignore the needs of it's own people and turn a blind eye to the country's nature beauty?

NBC is a joke, what most people don't know is that they made the horrible decision to broadcast the olympics with a 1 hour time delay to avoid having to show protests to the event, terrorist attacks or anything else bad that might happen, I hope it comes back to bite them in the butt.

Terry
Agreed. How Brazil got the vote to host the olympics has many people scratching their heads. They clearly don't have their sh*t together to host such a world class event. Half a**ed.

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Eh, its lots of diplomatic stuff involved. That being said, it gives people in some really crappy countries something to cheer about. So, cool for them.

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I have a thought. Why is it the summer olympics when it's winter time down there.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
:doh:
michael-phelps-hitting-the-bong-again-2015.jpg
Sponsored