Sponsored

Any Rumors of Ford Offering the PP2 in the Convertible?

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
Sooooo, we just finished our second vacation in Florida. Another week in a convertible (this time a '19 Camaro SS--we both liked the Mustang better!!), and the evening before we left for home, we were both watching some classic westerns (Grit TV), my wife says "You know, maybe if we are good at putting some more money away for retirement in the next couple of years, we can look at getting a convertible as a fun retirement car". HOOKED ALREADY!! GREEN LIGHT!! YAY!!

Little does she know that I've already started our "Fun Car" financial plan!
do it! These are great cruisers. Although I do miss a coupe. Iā€™m in the opposite camp, am awaiting the ā€œgreen lightā€ to get one (coupe) that i can fully build for track. When I had the coupe, I really wanted a convertible. I am learning though, next time just adding to the stable.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2018 Kia Sedona
Keep an eye out, deals come up. My '19 GT convertible (all the options, even a special paint color upcharge), had a $58K MSRP, car was 6 months old, had only 4K miles, traded into a BMW/Mini dealer, I scored it for $38K (with a decent trade-in on my '16 GT convertible - and they moved over my wheels/tires).

My '16 was also a PP car, but of course in '16 it was only offered with a manual - after two decades of driving manuals, I went with the A10 in this '19 and I can't tell you how awesome it is. Just got my initial tune done, switching over to FlexFuel, holy hell, it's violently fast with just a tune.
MaskedRacerX, if you don't mind me asking, how did you find that deal on your "19 GT convertible? Autotrader? Or other source?

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Keep an eye out, deals come up. My '19 GT convertible (all the options, even a special paint color upcharge), had a $58K MSRP, car was 6 months old, had only 4K miles, traded into a BMW/Mini dealer, I scored it for $38K (with a decent trade-in on my '16 GT convertible - and they moved over my wheels/tires).

My '16 was also a PP car, but of course in '16 it was only offered with a manual - after two decades of driving manuals, I went with the A10 in this '19 and I can't tell you how awesome it is. Just got my initial tune done, switching over to FlexFuel, holy hell, it's violently fast with just a tune.
That why I built NVRMADE exactly

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
do it! These are great cruisers. Although I do miss a coupe. Iā€™m in the opposite camp, am awaiting the ā€œgreen lightā€ to get one (coupe) that i can fully build for track. When I had the coupe, I really wanted a convertible. I am learning though, next time just adding to the stable.
Drop top in So Cal by the beach is the ticket.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
Drop top in So Cal by the beach is the ticket.
Iā€™m a Jeep guy if Iā€™m on the beaches.... can cruz dunes & carry the boards and pull the jet skis all while not having 4 doors but i get the appeal. I like your thinking.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
MaskedRacerX, if you don't mind me asking, how did you find that deal on your "19 GT convertible? Autotrader? Or other source?
Mine was listed on Car Gurus, and you can setup email notifications (register for an account), so you get alerted to when a car is listed that matches a set of criteria.

I mean, I dislike using this word, but it was really luck. :) Another couple of weeks and I would've likely pulled the trigger a new one, still decently discounted but not nearly as much (and probably less equipment).

I was also pretty open as far as color, I knew I wanted something other than a black or gray exterior, so there was a lot of options for me: red, orange, yellow, one of the blues.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m a Jeep guy if Iā€™m on the beaches.... can cruz dunes & carry the boards and pull the jet skis all while not having 4 doors but i get the appeal. I like your thinking.
2015 Jeep GC 4x4 Hemi Loaded for the Beach trips also
IMG_5920.JPG

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
That why I built NVRMADE exactly
Totally agree. For the price of a PP2 Coupe, I made the equivalent GT Conv, but with a Roush Phase 2 kit and 760hp crank (dynojet). I have superior suspension tweaks on top of it...no wheel hop at all.

This is the best car I have ever owned. Handles like a dream. Don't wait for Ford to make the car -- you can make the car yourself.

DSC_6966.jpeg

OP
OP

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2018 Kia Sedona
Totally agree. For the price of a PP2 Coupe, I made the equivalent GT Conv, but with a Roush Phase 2 kit and 760hp crank (dynojet). I have superior suspension tweaks on top of it...no wheel hop at all.

This is the best car I have ever owned. Handles like a dream. Don't wait for Ford to make the car -- you can make the car yourself.

DSC_6966.jpeg
I also now agree.

Current thinking:
2 year old GT Premuim 'vert, 401A, A10, PP1, AE, MR, S&S, B&O---if I can find one with Roush blower on it--icing on the cake--if not, then I'll probably add one myself--then a Ford Performance Magnaride upgrade package (springs, swaybars and software re-calibration) which should get me at least close to PP2 suspension dynamics, H pipe for slightly more aggressive exhaust and maybe 275-285 front and 305 rear wheels and tires and I should be good to go.

Sponsored

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I also now agree.

Current thinking:
2 year old GT Premuim 'vert, 401A, A10, PP1, AE, MR, S&S, B&O---if I can find one with Roush blower on it--icing on the cake--if not, then I'll probably add one myself--then a Ford Performance Magnaride upgrade package (springs, swaybars and software re-calibration) which should get me at least close to PP2 suspension dynamics, H pipe for slightly more aggressive exhaust and maybe 275-285 front and 305 rear wheels and tires and I should be good to go.
Thats the ticket. You can find a good 19 (which has the same electronics and remote access as a new one) at a nice discount with little miles. And no redesign until 2023 gives you some runway as the current model. My car is so good, I have no interest in upgrading... maybe ever. It rocks.

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I also now agree.

Current thinking:
Are you still looking for a GT PP1 vert with a blower?

S14Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big K
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert with Stg2 Whipple
When looking for mine, I found a manual vert with a Whipple stg 2 on trade in at a dealer. Was able to back track the history of the car. Now throwing a steeda suspension sway bars and a PP2 brake package on it. All the power of a GT500, in a debadged 5.0 vert. great daily.
Sponsored