Sponsored

Any recent word on manual transmission option?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Unless the DCT starts having serious problems, I don't think there is going to be a manual transmission offered.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you want a new car with a blown V8 and a manual, you will want to look at Chevy or Dodge. Otherwise, the last generation GT500 would be a good option in my opinion.

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
After seeing this:

And then this:

I can’t wait to drive my DCT GT500 on the wide open spaces of the Midwest of the United States of America!

:muscle:

Last edited:

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Can't wait for these threads to come up every few months :sun:. It will be like the Gen2 Raptor guys that hear a V8 is coming back every few months.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Next Raptor will be a V8 from all the sources I've explored. PS no manual transmission

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The only way ford will bring a manual transmission back is if, there is a demand for it. This car is going to be an interesting sell because all the ford guys will run out and get it without question like the Gt350s. But once the honeymoon is over and the C8 has been out for a year. That’s when it’s going to be interesting because this has never happened before. We have across all 3 American brands 650-797hp pony cars and a mid engine Vette. Do i see the C8 taking away gt500 sales once the fans have bought gt500s, yes i do and this is also why I’ve been critical of the gt500.
Regardless until the next gen Mustang is out it’s not going to be easy predicting the market anymore IMO

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Next Raptor will be a V8 from all the sources I've explored. PS no manual transmission
not going to happen, with ford pulling production away from the Essex engine plant. Don’t be surprised if they drop the v8 all together in the f150 or if they don’t they won’t make major changes. I love the coyote too but i just watched a tune only explorer st fuck up a full bolt on cobra jet gen 3 f150 at the track. 12.60s vs 12.80s it was pretty bad. I’m not saying the v8 is dead but it’s very obvious at Ford the v8 isn’t a priority anymore

And I’d be shocked if they put the new 7.3 in anything other than a heavy duty truck because then it would prove to all the Chevy turds that ford was wrong about big displacement and pushrod engines. I like the new 7.3 but some of the guys on here are just dumb about it.
Sponsored