Sponsored

Any reason not to remove my surfboard sized engine cover on my 5.0?

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
After looking at engines with the cover removed, I was thinking if you rerouted these components/hoses, it would really clean things up. Everything else's looks thought out, these few look like they were added after and just slapped on. They cover the throttle body, which I'd like to see. What are they, is orientation critical? Maybe turn it vertical off to the right of the TB.
6D95EF80-68D9-465C-AEE9-E57A8C82FAEA.jpeg
Sponsored

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
In my case i didn't like the cover but don't like all the lines neither without it.

So decided to give the cover another look for the rarely times i open the hood.

Engine Cover.jpg

Engine Cover 2.jpg
very well done

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A

Sponsored

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
After looking at engines with the cover removed, I was thinking if you rerouted these components/hoses, it would really clean things up. Everything else's looks thought out, these few look like they were added after and just slapped on. They cover the throttle body, which I'd like to see. What are they, is orientation critical? Maybe turn it vertical off to the right of the TB.
6D95EF80-68D9-465C-AEE9-E57A8C82FAEA.jpeg
Did you do this with a small brush by hand ? or did you mask it and spray paint ?

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I believe that's the guy. My receipt does not have any information on it other than cost: $30.00 and "Powered by Ford" overlay.
I’m thinking of buying these but they seem a bit pricey….Any issues with installation and durability??? I’m concerned being stick on they might lift after awhile.

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I’m thinking of buying these but they seem a bit pricey….Any issues with installation and durability??? I’m concerned being stick on they might lift after awhile.
Mine are holding up fine. The die cut graphics are a 3M material, and easy to apply, being careful to line up of course. The key to making sure they stay, is cleaning the mold release off your injector covers. Most molders will have their operators spray a "mold release" into the tool on every cycle ( when the tool opens to eject the freshly molded part). Typically this is something like WD-40, so there is residual lubricant on the part. Just clean the parts real good with soap and water before putting on your graphics. This goes if your going to paint any plastic part as well.
Heck this is one of the cheapest "mods" you can do on this car, $30 is nuthin'.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I had mine painted Twister Orange and I’ll go with the black decals which are $50 plus shipping so that’s why I said a bit pricey for just a couple a decals. I’ve wasted more then $50 on lesser mods so I’ll order the blacks ones….Thanx for the input.
Sponsored