Sponsored

Any pictures of PP1 wheels in other colours but black?

Rainier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 1987 BMW 325i Convertible
So I have a set of PP1 wheels in black that I picked up for my 2018 ecoboost convertible. Has anyone painted theirs another color or stripped them back to silver? I'd love to see other pictures, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
20190909_171700.jpg

My '17 PP wheels.
I ordered the same on my 2016. Ford didn't mess up ALL the PP1 wheels by making them black :wink: Curiously, Ford added an extra ~$50 per wheel to the sticker if you wanted silver (Ford calls nickel). That meant most dealers didn't order many lot cars with the silver wheels. Maybe Ford used real silver or nickel in the paint in the US? But Ford didn't charge extra in several other markets, so either the other markets didn't get real metal in their paint OR only US buyers would pay extra for better looking wheels. Trivia: the US silver version (at least in 2016) was NOT the same wheel as the black but painted silver. The valve stem hole in the rear US silver wheels is in a different location than the black versions. I have no idea what other differences there may be but they look the same other than color and location of valve stem hole.
Sponsored

Last edited: