Sponsored

Any one with QA-1 CF driveshaft have break issues?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Wondering if any one with reasonable power to the wheels has used this drive shaft and has had issues similar to the DSS cf driveshaft. Also how much mileage have your guys put on it?
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My brother-in-law uses a custom QA1 CF driveshaft in his 67 Chevelle. It has been performed very well. This Chevelle has a 540ci Merlin with a 12/71 blower and dual quads and can run E85 or alcohol. The transmission is a modified TH400, if that matters.

Randys.jpg

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My brother-in-law uses a custom QA1 CF driveshaft in his 67 Chevelle. It has been performed very well. This Chevelle has a 540ci Merlin with a 12/71 blower and dual quads and can run E85 or alcohol. The transmission is a modified TH400, if that matters.

Randys.jpg
Very nice and sounds good but looking for more of a reliability opinion from some one who drives theif car a little more regularly. That car I assume is more of a show car than anything else unless I’m mistaken. Not a great gauge.

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have one, about 2k miles on mine, 1500 on it with whipple 740-760hp at wheels. Zero issues.... I do have a slight vibration around 65-70mph, but I believe I have the fix but havent installed it yet. I read many post of a slight vibration and they installed the steeda alignment pins for the four main bolts holding rear end and cleared everything up. Which I have loosened mine quite a few times and may not be perfectly centered hence the slight driveline vibration. The QA1 shaft is way too pretty to be under the car and not seen. LOL

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one, about 2k miles on mine, 1500 on it with whipple 740-760hp at wheels. Zero issues.... I do have a slight vibration around 65-70mph, but I believe I have the fix but havent installed it yet. I read many post of a slight vibration and they installed the steeda alignment pins for the four main bolts holding rear end and cleared everything up. Which I have loosened mine quite a few times and may not be perfectly centered hence the slight driveline vibration. The QA1 shaft is way too pretty to be under the car and not seen. LOL
Nice. The issue is I’m wondering how many miles these driveshafts last under normal usage. For example would you be confident driving your car across state let’s say 1,000 miles (ex. Mustang Week drive) and back or do you have reservations that the driveshaft will go and you can’t take it that far. I know it’s a very precise question but in the end this to me is a car not my only car, but a car and a car should be able to be driven without second thought. So if adding a QA-1 or any driveshaft for that matter takes away from that than to me, just keep the stock driveshaft. Even with boost it’s not worth it for a little improvement for much less reliability.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’ve had two QA1 driveshafts. One with my MT82 and one with my Tremec magnum XL. I daily and road course the car and have thousands of miles (currently 42k) on both without issue. There is no hesitation on my part of driving the wheels off this car with no thought of driveshaft concerns. I’m capable of 900 rwhp so it’s been tested. My car has been driven as a daily 90+% of its life. I wouldn’t buy any other driveshaft.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Very nice and sounds good but looking for more of a reliability opinion from some one who drives theif car a little more regularly. That car I assume is more of a show car than anything else unless I’m mistaken. Not a great gauge.
That "show car" has been driven to many national shows and events around the country, since being completed 7 years ago.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line

Randys.jpg
Wow! Beautiful!

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That "show car" has been driven to many national shows and events around the country, since being completed 7 years ago.
Well that is not the norm. Usually cars looking that nice get trailered. Thank you.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had two QA1 driveshafts. One with my MT82 and one with my Tremec magnum XL. I daily and road course the car and have thousands of miles (currently 42k) on both without issue. There is no hesitation on my part of driving the wheels off this car with no thought of driveshaft concerns. I’m capable of 900 rwhp so it’s been tested. My car has been driven as a daily 90+% of its life. I wouldn’t buy any other driveshaft.
Thank you. Pretty much what I was looking for in regards to an answer. Says it all. Thank you.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't understand how people can ruin their cars with those stupid 'my d*ck is bigger than yours' abomination of a blower, where all you see in front is that stupid thing, making driving the car unsafe, no matter what others say... but to each his own :angel:. Now back to the subject :wink:.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand how people can ruin their cars with those stupid 'my d*ck is bigger than yours' abomination of a blower, where all you see in front is that stupid thing, making driving the car unsafe, no matter what others say... but to each his own :angel:. Now back to the subject :wink:.
I mean it does make the car a lot faster. Lol.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
The fact you felt it was important to post that is asinine.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Duh... It's primarily a "show car" and has won it's share off trophies. You don't win by looking like every other car. It was originally built to compete in A/GS class in nostalgia drags, but one thing lead to another...

Last edited: