Any news on the Mach 1 and A10

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
With that said, maybe we should steer the thread more towards what the revised slushbox will be like
Updated software for sure. Maybe a little faster, a little tighter, and a little smoother. Not sure if there are going to be any actual mechanical changes. Or maybe what Matt said above.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
There are mechanical changes. Upgraded torque converter and I’m pretty sure it has upgraded clutches, too

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Any thoughts on the paddle shifter reaction time being improved with the revised A10?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on the paddle shifter reaction time being improved with the revised A10?
that's mostly software, though solenoid choice, fluid paths, and pressures also play a role. GIven how 'the PDK' and it's stupid harsh shifts is the so-called benchmark lauded widely by the press, I expect Ford to blindly mimic that disfunction and make the shifts as harsh and jolting as they can. Who cares about little details like rear-tire traction being disrupted by power delivery jolts. The "feels" of Fast n' Furious is what matters. So Ford, how many Mach1 buyers have the emotional maturity of a 18yr old?

I personally find the A10 shifting behavior in the Mustang to be appalling. But I haven't sampled a 2020/21 so maybe they fixed that nonsense.

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think the A10 will be much improved in the Mach, just like they did with the manual.
I will let you know in 7 days when I get mine! :)

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I await some test data on the A10 Machs, as I believe they could be a 1/4-mile stormer.

I'm a manual trans stalwart and it kills me a little inside to go away from it, but the reality is that my clutch knee slowly but surely is forcing me to make a switch to DCT/auto for the next performance car.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
After having many motorcycles and sports cars with manuals over the years it's going to be really hard for me going to the auto, it's actually giving me a bunch of anxiety because rowing through the gears was my favorite thing about my 15GT with the MGW.
I have test driven the A10 and it is pretty cool for an auto with the rev matching and stuff, plus it's so much faster! Hopefully I can enjoy it in the MAch.
Part of the reason going auto is so my wife and kids can enjoy it once in a while too and if I need to use the Jeep, she needs a car to drive.
And no, teaching a person that never has driven stick before and who won't be driving it everyday is impossible for them to safely drive my Mach.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
After having many motorcycles and sports cars with manuals over the years it's going to be really hard for me going to the auto, it's actually giving me a bunch of anxiety because rowing through the gears was my favorite thing about my 15GT with the MGW.
I have test driven the A10 and it is pretty cool for an auto with the rev matching and stuff, plus it's so much faster! Hopefully I can enjoy it in the MAch.
Part of the reason going auto is so my wife and kids can enjoy it once in a while too and if I need to use the Jeep, she needs a car to drive.
And no, teaching a person that never has driven stick before and who won't be driving it everyday is impossible for them to safely drive my Mach.
Don’t be anxious. Your car is going to haul ass with the auto.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t be anxious. Your car is going to haul ass with the auto.
I think so too... big step up from the 15 which fell on it's ass in the higher rpm's'

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I await some test data on the A10 Machs, as I believe they could be a 1/4-mile stormer.
I would be surprised if they found as much as 0.2sec in the 1/4 mile while properly controlling for tires.

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I would be surprised if they found as much as 0.2sec in the 1/4 mile while properly controlling for tires.
I installed the ford performance tune for the 2018 and up. It didn't give me a bunch of horsepower but it did make a big improvement on the a10 auto. That alone made it worth the money so I imagine the a10 in the Mach 1 will be really great.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the ford performance tune just comes with throttle body and gt350 CAI, not the manifold.
Crazy it says they get 42lbs more torque at 2000rpm's and 18lbs at 4500 and 19 more HP.
The Mach didn't show it gained any torque from normal GT.
I wonder if it gained torque down low.
Also it seems like the GT350 manifold on the Mach just gives higher redline and increases your peak HP into further higher rpm.
I would be really interested to know why the differences and what they are from Ford performance Tune and Mach1 setup

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
I am also sure that the updated/uprated A10 will do amazing things for the Mach 1.
But as it is going to be my fun car again, I see no other way than to go manual again - and this time with a Tremec.

This review I found pretty good and entertaining - with a Tremec of course .)
Sponsored