Sponsored

Any news on Flat Rock restarting production?

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
I have seen/read alot of different replies on this thread from different customers interactions with ford dealers. Yes, I have been on here whining and crying about my GT 500 delivery for this year, which I am starting to think is not going to happen in 2021. I just read that GM is canceling all C8 corvette orders from may/June and on for this year. I am trying to be patient and be fair with my Ford dealer on my order, but from reading the different posts on this thread, I do not think my ford dealer is either telling me the truth or he is being mislead/lied to by his regional rep. My original build date was MAY 15, then may 25, then June 15, then June 21 with no delivery date. Based on what I am reading from other members with similar order dates, this is looking like a November/December delivery date if lucky, which does me no good because I live in maine. My ford dealer is being told June 25 build date, but they won't give him a delivery date. And my ford dealer is starting to get arrogant about the situation because he figures he can easily sell a GT 500 CFTP out of state and he doesn't really care. My problem is I try to budget for big purchases yearly, when I do them, and I am considering having Solar panels put on my roof and if I keep dicking around with this, I lose that opportunity as well.

Just curious if Ford will cancel some GT 500 builds like GM did with the C8 Corvette. My order date was march 18. I also think Ford is really handling this very unprofessionally considering they knew about this problem back in march and continued to take orders on vehicles they knew might not get produced in 2021. This is 2 botched vehicle orders ford has really screwed up, Bronco being the first one.
Sponsored

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
The Flat Rock plant will go back into production on Monday the 14th. :clap:
that really doesn’t mean anything. The reality is that some people are not getting their ordered gt 500’s this year. Not counting November or December deliveries, which does people on the east coast no good.

killbeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4, 2021 Shelby GT500
that really doesn’t mean anything. The reality is that some people are not getting their ordered gt 500’s this year. Not counting November or December deliveries, which does people on the east coast no good.
Still better then no resumption?

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Still better then no resumption?
I agree. Although ford is starting to make a very bad habit of botching vehicle premieres and delivery dates. They have already botched the explorer, the bronco, and now the gt 500. Don’t forget, when the gt 500 first came out they got way behind on production and delivery dates. They seem to have a habit with this.

Reactions: jin

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I agree. Although ford is starting to make a very bad habit of botching vehicle premieres and delivery dates. They have already botched the explorer, the bronco, and now the gt 500. Don’t forget, when the gt 500 first came out they got way behind on production and delivery dates. They seem to have a habit with this.
Agreed...I waited a full 6 months on a GT PP2 in 2019, Ford said it was going to be delivered to me in three months from the time I ordered it . Interested to see the electric F150 that they promised early next year but doubtful with all these delays that we will see it before next summer

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Anyone that thinks that any manufacturer has total control of production is pretty naive, they are all at the mercy of there suppliers. Nobody produces anything without having to depend on someone else for supplies. So don't blame Ford or any other automaker for what has happened the last 2 years. They had no more control over Covid, Union problems or the chip shortages than you or I do.

We would all like to see things return to normal, whatever that was, I am sure there are a lot of people hoping for something better than the old normal.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Anyone that thinks that any manufacturer has total control of production is pretty naive, they are all at the mercy of there suppliers. Nobody produces anything without having to depend on someone else for supplies. So don't blame Ford or any other automaker for what has happened the last 2 years. They had no more control over Covid, Union problems or the chip shortages than you or I do.

We would all like to see things return to normal, whatever that was, I am sure there are a lot of people hoping for something better than the old normal.
Earl, Please do not interject facts into their hyperbole narrative. It only saddens them on "no GT500" island.

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)

typical fan boy response = COVID, COVID, COVID. You sound like the swamp. Ford has had delivery problems long before COVID. Maybe bill ford should start worrying about ford instead of BLM rallies in downtown Detroit.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Sick to death of the constant bitching.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I ordered a challenger 392 two months ago and it will probably be at least two more before I get it. It’s bad no matter what car you order I’m afraid.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Same here in Australia. Not just Mustangs being delayed. It’s every make. Except maybe CHINESE cars like GWM and LDV.

Last edited:
OP
OP
70SR2

70SR2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2021 Rapid Red GT500
The Ford customer order tracking site is showing my car in production now. Yay me.

I had been told the build date would be 6/24 by Ford Performance so this appears to be a week or two ahead of schedule.

Tim

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
The Ford customer order tracking site is showing my car in production now. Yay me.

I had been told the build date would be 6/24 by Ford Performance so this appears to be a week or two ahead of schedule.

Tim
Mine also recently switched to "in production", sometime during the past week. 🙏 hoping for a delivery sooner than later. I wanted to drive around this summer.
Sponsored