Sponsored

Any minor issues with your new GT500?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
After seeing a few cars with the pinched hose, I realized that they all have a piece of tape on the supercharger. Makes me wonder if that was intentional...
I've noticed the same thing about the tape. Yet I have seen shots with it elsewhere but that got removed on the line. Makes me think that either the person(s) tasked with ensuring the hose is in the right place/removes the tape there isn't doing their job or Ford overlooked these two things as something that actually matters.
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Michael: I just used the top two and covered the lower holes with plastic nuts/bolts then capped. But, I do have a rubber outer frame and a clear, Lucite cover so no rubbing at the bottom as it's snug.
I feel hot, can you send her over to check my temperature??? :like:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Ben: I suppose that's up to you..some have done it themselves, some have let the dealer duit. If it were me, I'd let them handle it and for sure it's a warranty issue.

Amazing that it's still going on...geeze. QA is out the window at Ford.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
This easily the worst one I have seen. They usually are just not routed properly. This one is kinked like crazy as well. For shame, for shame.

SISCOKID09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT500, 2014 Roush Stage 3 Convertible
This easily the worst one I have seen. They usually are just not routed properly. This one is kinked like crazy as well. For shame, for shame.
I believe I will let the dealer fix it so they can file a warranty and have Ford pay them. They (Ford) really need to know this is still going on. I can't believe Ford doesn't check this before they ship the cars or before they put the cross brace on.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I will let the dealer fix it so they can file a warranty and have Ford pay them. They (Ford) really need to know this is still going on. I can't believe Ford doesn't check this before they ship the cars or before they put the cross brace on.
Definitely a good idea in your case.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Have some little vibrations and rattles. The little AC vent on the top of the passenger door card makes a high pitch vibrating sound above 3k rpm or 78mph. Sometimes the passenger mirror does the same thing. Also have the vibrating rear view mirror issue where it's blurry sometimes, often the same circumstances as that AC vent thing, unless you pinch it with your pointer and thumb, then all clear.

I'm still trying to find a dealer in the Orlando area whose service department I trust to take the door card off to fix these things.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Amazing that it's still going on...geeze. QA is out the window at Ford.
I wrote a couple letters and contacted Flat Rock about this specific issue. I could tell there was zero interest in listening to the complaint, let alone mitigating the problem.

Earth to Ford, you've got a problem. Get your shit together.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Have some little vibrations and rattles. The little AC vent on the top of the passenger door card makes a high pitch vibrating sound above 3k rpm or 78mph. Sometimes the passenger mirror does the same thing. Also have the vibrating rear view mirror issue where it's blurry sometimes, often the same circumstances as that AC vent thing, unless you pinch it with your pointer and thumb, then all clear.

I'm still trying to find a dealer in the Orlando area whose service department I trust to take the door card off to fix these things.
I use Mullinax, talk to Patrick. The SVT Tech, Jeff is one of the best in the business. Problem is Jeff is typically booked 2 weeks out.

Clermont Ford just got a new Service Manager and Service advisor. They both came from Mullinax and are great people. I dealt them both and were great. I am thinking of swapping over to Clermont Ford. There names are Brian and Adam, respectively. I contacted Adam and he said they have a good SVT tech but being I have not gone there, I have to take his word.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Man this is terrible, no matter how minor these fixes are, on an $80k plus car you would expect the QC to be better. I guess these cars are only as good as the people that build them. From what i can see these guys suck at what they’re doing!!!

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually I just went to Mullinax recently to meet their service dept. and look at a couple GTs for my stepfather (who ended up later that day buying a showroom kept PP1 GT Premium from Autonation Sanford). Jeff wasn't there at Mullinax when I went but I heard of him from the service manager and that he had been doing Shelby and SVT products for 20+ years.

Two problems though. First, Mullinax Apopka is so incredibly cramped.

Second, and a much bigger problem for me, every single one of their new cars on the lot, including a 50k Roush had the absolute worst swirl marks and scratches I have ever seen in my life on any car. I don't know how I can trust them with my car if they don't even take the slightest bit of care of their own inventory that they do sell. How are they going to treat mine that they didn't? These are the thoughts swirling around my head, no pun intended. I mean... they had a fresh trade 2017 C7 stingray with 4k miles that didn't have a scratch on it, because they haven't had enough time to fuck it up yet.

You're not the only person who has highly recommended their service department to me, so this is quite a disappointing predicament I find myself in. I've heard decent things about Greenway Ford, my general manager at Parks that did my deal said he would reach out to them and check.

Clermont is a little far for me but we'll see.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I can't speak for any dealer in specific, but my experience has been the service department (good or bad) generally may have nothing to do with the detailing department which is likely a kid getting paid peanuts, so just hope he doesn't find the buffer (grinder).....

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't speak for any dealer in specific, but my experience has been the service department (good or bad) generally may have nothing to do with the detailing department which is likely a kid getting paid peanuts, so just hope he doesn't find the buffer (grinder).....
I understand that. But if they've never heard of quality control....

You see what I'm getting at I'm sure.
Sponsored