Sponsored

Any minor issues with your new GT500?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Rear end problem with the active exhaust system? Please delineate Chuck.
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Rear end problem with the active exhaust system? Please delineate Chuck.
Not sure what you are saying but I was told by a very reliable source that is a problem some guys are experiencing. Would you like to elaborate???

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not sure what you are saying but I was told by a very reliable source that is a problem some guys are experiencing. Would you like to elaborate???
He doesn't need to elaborate, hahaha, you're the one who said, "I've heard about rear end problems with the active exhaust", what exactly have you heard? i.e., "rear end problems" is pretty vague.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
He doesn't need to elaborate, hahaha, you're the one who said, "I've heard about rear end problems with the active exhaust", what exactly have you heard? i.e., "rear end problems" is pretty vague.
Heard that a fuse is blowing and causing a problem from a very reliable source. I’ve got a great dealer. Hopefully Ford will correct all their issues before they ship us our cars. I would think their reputation is very important to them.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wiring harnesses to the actuators, if not tied to prevent making contact with the exhaust system, can melt. This causes a short and results in a blown fuse. I covered this previously.
I thought you were talking about something new.

Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
The wiring harnesses to the actuators, if not tied to prevent making contact with the exhaust system, can melt. This causes a short and results in a blown fuse. I covered this previously.
I thought you were talking about something new.
THANK YOU

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are some at Ford that are aware and yet there are Job2 cars still coming with the hosed pinched at the firewall. I honestly think Ford's abandoned much of the focus from the GT500 program a while ago. They are too busy with driverless "pod" development along with electrification.

Be prepared to spend time getting to know every inch of your car so you can correct any assembly errors.

Last edited:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
There are some at Ford that are aware and yet there are Job2 cars still coming with the hosed pinched at the firewall. I honestly think Ford's abandoned much focus from the GT500 program a while ago. They are too busy with driverless "pod" development along with electrification.

Be prepared to spend time getting to know every inch of your car so you correct any assembly errors.
Well that isn’t exactly a vote of confidence now is it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well in Tob's case, I'd say he has the experience to make such a statement and even aside from the facts of the case, electric is where things are going, like it or not I'm afraid.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
There are some at Ford that are aware and yet there are Job2 cars still coming with the hosed pinched at the firewall. I honestly think Ford's abandoned much focus from the GT500 program a while ago. They are too busy with driverless "pod" development along with electrification.

Be prepared to spend time getting to know every inch of your car so you correct any assembly errors.

You know, I'd take a GT500 over most cars made by Porsche in the $100K-ish area (so obv. not like a GT2RS :D), even call it under $125K[?], where the GT500 is better performing, and more visceral, exciting, etc.

However, even when you buy that "base" 911, or something like a Cayman GT4, that $100K buys you such superb execution. I know there are cases of this/that/other, nothing is going to be perfect, but there's clearly a level of detail, Q&A, etc., that's not present in a $100K Ford product. FWIW, I haven't personally owned a Porsche, just know folks that have, and one guy is a several times owner, involved in some motorsport, etc., is _not_ a snob, I'e spent some time around his cars (on and off track).

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing a few cars with the pinched hose, I realized that they all have a piece of tape on the supercharger. Makes me wonder if that was intentional...

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
After seeing a few cars with the pinched hose, I realized that they all have a piece of tape on the supercharger. Makes me wonder if that was intentional...
Mine has the pinched hose will the dealer repair ???

On another note am I really drilling holes for the rear license plate mounting??? Crazy

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has the pinched hose will the dealer repair ???

On another note am I really drilling holes for the rear license plate mounting??? Crazy
I am sure dealers will help with the repair, but its actually super easy to do yourself. check this video. License plate screw usually will self tap. but drilling a pilot hole won't hurt.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
am I really drilling holes for the rear license plate mounting???
Michael: I just used the top two and covered the lower holes with plastic nuts/bolts then capped. But, I do have a rubber outer frame and a clear, Lucite cover so no rubbing at the bottom as it's snug.
Sponsored