Sponsored

Any lightweight wheels fit GT350 non-R without wheel stud mod

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Hey all,

Rummaging through all the wheel posts from all vendors and it seems like most lightweight wheels in R sizes require a hub and/or stud replacement for either the front or rears, or both.

If I get an R size wheel which requires stud mod, what studs do I get? Some posts had alluded to replacing to the R hub, but others have wihtout modding the hub?

Bottom line, what lightweight wheels are available that are plug and play for a stock GT350?

I am not dissing doing the stud tweak, but want to know my options. You all with the new wheels are putting so much peer pressure on me, that I need a set of rims now, haha.
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The R has extended length studs. The pad thickness on all the wheels built by manufacturers is thinner on the front than the OEM carbon fiber wheel. Therefore you need to run an open ended lug nut due to the amount of exposed stud left.

Some are running extended studs in the front because they use a square rotatable wheel setup for the track, and have to run a front spacer that requires extended studs.

You do not need to modify the stud on the R or the stock GT350 to run any aftermarket wheel.
Sponsored