Sponsored

ANY Interior Photos Yet of the 2021???? Any interior upgrades/Updates 2021????

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone see any photos or have any info yet on changes?

I was thinking someone may have seen or got photos from the Mach-1.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Probably very similar to the 2020 if I had to guess....

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd even say identical :D. Some folks are speculating if Sync 4.0 would be available, but I agree it's not going to happen until the redesign. We'll find out soon enough :).

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Sync 4 was going to be on all the 21+ vehicles? There are different versions of Sync 4 so they could probably do an 8" screen version.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did a quick look in the Mach 1 and it looked just like my 2019 premium. If there was anything different it didn't stand out other than the orange stripe in the seats on the FJG car.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
All the interior photos of the Mach 1 show it to be identical to the current interior. However, they could........could be holding back on any interior changes for the '21MY until they are ready to show their hand (I'm sure they wouldn't want to lose sales of the current '20MY).

From what I've read, SYNC 4 is available on 8", 12" or 15" screens. The 8" we know already. The 12" is whats just been shown in the F150 (too big for the Mustang in my opinion) and the 15" is the vertical screen in the Mach E. That leads me to believe Mustang will keep the 8" screen, so there'd be no need for interior changes.

I still want to know why the dash of this prototype was covered though. First photo is has covering.........second photo.....uncovered and those vents appear to be different to me. Of course, it could be a telephoto lens throwing things off. But why cover the dash in the first place?
21MY facelift 6.jpg
21MY facelift 7.jpg

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
All the interior photos of the Mach 1 show it to be identical to the current interior. However, they could........could be holding back on any interior changes for the '21MY until they are ready to show their hand (I'm sure they wouldn't want to lose sales of the current '20MY).

From what I've read, SYNC 4 is available on 8", 12" or 15" screens. The 8" we know already. The 12" is whats just been shown in the F150 (too big for the Mustang in my opinion) and the 15" is the vertical screen in the Mach E. That leads me to believe Mustang will keep the 8" screen, so there'd be no need for interior changes.

I still want to know why the dash of this prototype was covered though. First photo is has covering.........second photo.....uncovered and those vents appear to be different to me. Of course, it could be a telephoto lens throwing things off. But why cover the dash in the first place?
21MY facelift 6.jpg
21MY facelift 7.jpg
It almost looks like three larger vents instead of the 4 that are on the center stack now. Do they usually release the next MY info in Sept/Oct?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
It almost looks like three larger vents instead of the 4 that are on the center stack now. Do they usually release the next MY info in Sept/Oct?
Well that design has been stock in EU Mustangs since 2015
2020-ford-mustang-convertible-dashboard-carbuzz-555048.jpg

To be honest every time @Twin Turbo has pointed out the covered dash I have been looking for several minutes and cannot see what he sees :crazy:

I just think that the angles of the two pictures is different. The first picture taken more from the side where the vents are covered behind the steering wheel and the second picture more from the rear where the vents are shown.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
What????

Current mustang has either 3 vents or 2 vents with 2 gauges (on the performance pack and Shelby).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well that design has been stock in EU Mustangs since 2015
2020-ford-mustang-convertible-dashboard-carbuzz-555048.jpg

To be honest every time @Twin Turbo has pointed out the covered dash I have been looking for several minutes and cannot see what he sees :crazy:

I just think that the angles of the two pictures is different. The first picture taken more from the side where the vents are covered behind the steering wheel and the second picture more from the rear where the vents are shown.
You could well be right..........I may be trying to see things that just aren't there :facepalm:

Especially considering the few other shots we've seen of Mach 1 prototypes have the current interior............as well as the Mach 1s that were shown officially a month or so ago.

I guess my theory, at the time, was that we were expecting a light exterior refresh. Considering the interior of the S550 hasn't changed since its introduction (except for the optional 12" digital dash from the '18MY)......and that with Sync 4 coming for '21MY cars, it made sense for the interior to receive a light refresh too. Otherwise, that interior will have remained the same for the entire run ('15-'23) of the S550.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What????

Current mustang has either 3 vents or 2 vents with 2 gauges (on the performance pack and Shelby).
Two gauges on the Bullitt too.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
You could well be right..........I may be trying to see things that just aren't there :facepalm:
I was also so hooked on seeing the '21 facelift which seems to be the Mach1 we've been fooled by.

However I think that beside the Ecoboost, GT, GT350/500, Bullit and now Mach1, Ford has been busy with seeing the results of the 6th generation hitting the international market. And well... Adapting to the picky European market :crackup:

That might have taken the focus from doing a lot to the car
Sponsored