Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Absolutely Tony, The company who is orchestrating the production of these wheels forwarded me Derek's (drorr86) information and confirmed they are an authorized U.S dealer for this product.

Rest assure,
-Benny
Thank you, so great to hear that. I'll be getting one for the 2018 GT mustang PP with auto I'll be ordering if they ever come out, so tired of being ripped off by dishonest people. I'm so surprised Ford won't answer this problem with the PP cars,well at least we have a honest dealer who will, I asked about group rates to Automotive Authority and they said they only have the 10% discount for May ,memorial day sale, If you hear of any other info please let us know. I will be ordering the spare kit on May 31th, even though the 2018's aren't out yet to take advantage of the 10% off sale, plus if you get any info about the 18's, please, let me,us know, I already traded my 11 GT500 in march so not to lose any more money from depresition when the 18's finally can be ordered and delivered. I fell Ford screwed us up with such an early release of the 18's in Jan. and not having all the facts on it so we can order them. Thanks again for your honesty , I'll feel relieved now ordering the set from them now-Tony :amen:
Sponsored

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I want to introduce myself, I am new to this forum and I am part of the team partnering up with the owners of the wheel to bring these to the US market. I wasn't brought in until after this poll has been started and wasn't part of how the $225 price point came about but I can tell you that the tire, rim, mount, balance, warehousing, along with the 3 Ford parts cost more than that to purchase prior to resale. The $225 price point more aligns with Fords OEM spare that do not fit these cars; a part that they sell multi-millions of where they can negotiate ridiculously cheap rates.
Without us knowing what the exact market demand is, there is only a small production run being done to test the market which undoubtedly equates to a higher price to produce. The tooling cost to set up production, freight, odd tire size for spare, among other things inflate the price over Ford OEM prices as well.
I can understand the "bait and switch" feeling you guys are having but I can tell you that this is not the case. We are trying to make this spare tire feasible as a business venture and help bring a solution to the Mustang owners. These are not guaranteed to be in production for perpetuity at this point if we cannot sell the original production run, but our hopes for this are to go all in on the second production run and bring the price down. We understand that at this price point these are not for everyone however we have had a very big welcome to the market response with the spare tire so far and have taken a lot of pre-orders.
Big thanks to Levitttown for organizing this thread and helping the Mustang community.
drorr86, if everything goes well and your second run is successful, can the first time buyers get a refund from what your charges are on the first run to the lowered price of the second run-example your asking 475 for complete set on the first run , and on the second run since your volume has increased ,now your charging 425 for the complete set can us as the first timers get a refund of the 50. This would be a real plus for your business. Your spare tire set up is gonna be a total success especially since ford isn't getting involved, your first time buyers would appreciate a little thank you for making your produce such a success. I'm ordering mine on May 31 to take advantage of the memorial day discount of 10% for my 2018 mustang gt that isn't even produced yet,I wish Ford would get done whatever they're doing so I can order my 18 RubyRed GT auto, loaded.,also when you post your pictures /video, can you give a shot of the spare sitting in the trunk well also, thanks THANK YOU for bringing this produce to us.-Tonyd1

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Tony, unfortunately we cannot commit to anything like that at this point. In response to your previous post, rest assured we are an honest company serving the automotive community worldwide for the past 13 years. We are always willing to work with our customers to ensure they are completely satisfied with every transaction.

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Tony, unfortunately we cannot commit to anything like that at this point. In response to your previous post, rest assured we are an honest company serving the automotive community worldwide for the past 13 years. We are always willing to work with our customers to ensure they are completely satisfied with every transaction.
drorr86, I'm sure we will love the spare tire set up for the PP cars and understand about any refund down the line, but it sure would be great to get one and not feel we over paid for the kit being offered later on , but I do understand at this time, thank you again for all your doing for us-Tonyd1:):)

genie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP AT MY2017 ver EU
When will they begin shipping out
Is this 10% promotion only until the end of May?

Sponsored

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When will they begin shipping out
Is this 10% promotion only until the end of May?
The memorial day sale on our website will run through the 31st.
These are expected to ship in August

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Do you have an option to fit cars with 20" wheels? Or will this spare work on 20" cars as well?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Do you have an option to fit cars with 20" wheels? Or will this spare work on 20" cars as well?
The regular OEM spare will work on cars with 20" wheels. And it's a lot cheaper.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The OEM spare will not fit any Mustang equipped with the Brembo Brakes.
I think what he was saying was that no Brembo equipped come from the factory with 20 inch wheels.

BootyNugget

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Just wrote an email to Automotive Authority to see if they can add FedEx Ground as a shipping option. Shipping was estimated to be a little under $70 using USPS. With FedEx Ground, it would likely be about half that!

EDIT: Apparently they already did price checking and all carriers were within about $5 or $10 of each other. That's strange since we are a FedEx Ship Center at my place of business and we've found that FedEx Ground is typically at least 30% less than USPS for larger packages. *Shrugs* Could be location I suppose.

Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I think what he was saying was that no Brembo equipped come from the factory with 20 inch wheels.
Exactly. Only the PP comes with the large Brembo brakes and it doesn't come with the 20" wheels.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Only the PP comes with the large Brembo brakes and it doesn't come with the 20" wheels.

All the Shelby's also come with 19" wheels and large Brembo Brakes
Sponsored